Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:40:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe there looking for an AK underfolder (who am I kididng- I know there won't be any deals) if my tax refund comes by then. Besides, Chief Wiggums said today he'd sign off on my Form 1 (w00t), so I probably should save my money for Uncle Sam's stamp.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#2]
FWIW, I'll be set up there with one table of goodies; mostly Eagle and Specter gear nylon.  Got some Eagle Crye Multicam gear for anyone interested.  Hope to see some of my old Minnesota buddies!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
FWIW, I'll be set up there with one table of goodies; mostly Eagle and Specter gear nylon.  Got some Eagle Crye Multicam gear for anyone interested.  Hope to see some of my old Minnesota buddies!

Cool! It will be good to see you Stubby. Though you do have a way of parting me with my $

Mmmmmmmmmm gear
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:13:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Did you move back?  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:35:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Great to hear from you.   I know someone might have lefty gear!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:55:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Did you move back?  

No, just in town on business and figured I could do the show to kill some time.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:18:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you move back?  

No, just in town on business and figured I could do the show to kill some time.

That's code for Strip Club.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:50:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, I said I would be there, but I have to bail.  Too much to do this weekend.

On a totally unrelated note, my Eagle/SKD chest rig came in the other day.  I'm looking forward to using it in a class this summer.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:41:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Is it morning yet...? Looking forward to the ToyShow tomorrow.....

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:53:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Is it morning yet...? Looking forward to the ToyShow tomorrow.....

+1  I get to help a buddy pick out his new DPMS
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:13:17 PM EDT
[#11]
What Time is the show? 9:00am I hope.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:14:44 PM EDT
[#12]
8:00AM
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Hope to see you all there. I have some money in my pocket, I suspect that will change by this time tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll be there both days.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:46:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Hope to make it up on Sunday. Will you guys leave me something or will you have it all picked over!
What suprises will Sully have? His web site continues to offer more items. See Ya,
 4weelin
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:34:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I picked up a 1955 Chinese Mosin Nagant for $65 out the door!! The stock was real beat up but the bore was great! Worth the 6 block walk with free parking.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:58:24 PM EDT
[#17]
picked up 2 boxes of lapua 7.62*39 ammo for $10, total of 60 rds of boxer primed brass case ammo.  not too bad in my book.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#18]
I didnt get anything.  Maybe tomorrow something will catch my eye.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:28:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
picked up 2 boxes of lapua 7.62*39 ammo for $10, total of 60 rds of boxer primed brass case ammo.  not too bad in my book.

It's really too bad that we are required to shoot brass cased ammunition inside the ranges.

That does seem like a good deal to me too.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:39:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I'd have bought more, but the $3.75 Pop, and the $2.00 coffee tapped me out.... Somehow I managed to scrape up enough for a DCI AK Lower from Oak Grove (cool cats), a few mags from DPMS, and some Win Mag, .243, and .223 brass. May have to make another trip tomorrow for a rifle that in my opinion was the best deal of the show. If the man had time enough to talk to me about it, I'd have bought it.......

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's really too bad that we are required to shoot brass cased ammunition inside the ranges.

You can shoot Steel, Aluminum, Polymer, Brass, Paper, and any other type of ammo that fits your fancy on our range.

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
Chief Instructor
SLR15.com
TheDefensiveEdge.com

Where is this? I have some steel core to put through that Mosin Nagant. I will see you on Monday if you are telling me this is fine.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:59:12 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Dude, That is Stockpiling ammo for the future Zombie invasion, dont waste it
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:07:30 PM EDT
[#24]
I bought 4 AR mags, a pistol mag pouch, some black tactical zip ties, a new in box m4 6pos stock, a vortex flash hider.  Total spent (not uncluding gas, entry, parking) $115.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:34:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Back for round 2
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Spent 15-20 minutes talking to Dustin of DPMS. Didn't see anything I couldn't live without. Only one person asked me about the AR15 I was carrying on my back. No sale.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:28:15 PM EDT
[#27]
I bought one of Sullys Rifle Caes on Sunday, and some other stuff on Saturday.  I do like my new ear plugs from Ear Inc, they feel great.

Also, Death, I like the Multicam Plate Carrier  Don't get any UV Rays on it
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Maybe there looking for an AK underfolder (who am I kididng- I know there won't be any deals) if my tax refund comes by then. Besides, Chief Wiggums said today he'd sign off on my Form 1 (w00t), so I probably should save my money for Uncle Sam's stamp.

MArk @ Oak Grove Arms has a Sweet Polish Underfolder with a OOW reciver
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I bought one of Sullys Rifle Caes on Sunday, and some other stuff on Saturday.  I do like my new ear plugs from Ear Inc, they feel great.

Those are great cases for the money.

You will love those ear plugs so long as you don't lose them they will last a long time.
I love mine I recomend them to everyone.

Don't worry I won't wear my new Multicam plate carrier  outside so I can sell it as new on the EE in a year.

Gear and shooting is a fashion show and I want to look my best.   Whoever looks the best wins the fight.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:40:30 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Gear and shooting is a fashion show and I want to look my best.   Whoever looks the best wins the fight.  

I heard that!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Don't worry I won't wear my new Multicam plate carrier  outside so I can sell it as new on the EE in a year.

You should still get some of this:

You never know when somebody could open the window blind and your cloths could be exposed to harmful UV Rays  Drops the resale, and it does not look as Tacticool when you are all dressed up and watching "24" on TV

BTW - The case is nice, loaded it all up last night with mags and some other stuff, along with a really nice Rifle Sling a had sitting in the safe that has not been used yet
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:05:28 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those are great cases for the money.

You will love those ear plugs so long as you don't lose them they will last a long time.
I love mine I recomend them to everyone.

I'm all about the zip ties and cheetos.  One of my new mags got some wear on it already...guess I won't put that one in the save pile now.  Must have been from rubbing on the other mag in the bag.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:36:07 PM EDT
[#33]
What are you saveing the mags for? They are 10$use them up and buy more.

8$ if you are me.  

Those slings will look perfect takeing up space in that case.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#34]
I saw a dealer with a stripped, plastic AK lower receiver. Anyone else see it? Can't remember the dealer but he was in the 3rd row to the left of the entrance. Maybe it was airsoft?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:50:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I saw a dealer with a stripped, plastic AK lower receiver. Anyone else see it? Can't remember the dealer but he was in the 3rd row to the left of the entrance. Maybe it was airsoft?

For a dummy gun build.  

-----------

I'm saving my mags to keep them nice.  I have about 20 range mags.  Gotta keep a nice stash for photos and the next (permanent ban).  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:44:42 AM EDT
[#36]
I managed to make it on Saturday.  Got to finally meet Fedgunner and Detah451.  Ther were a few deals there, but nothing I couldn't live without.  

Did anyone happen to notice if the He/She from the Rochester Show was the same guy with the ear rings and gold necklace wity quite a few handguns?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I managed to make it on Saturday.  Got to finally meet Fedgunner and Detah451.  Ther were a few deals there, but nothing I couldn't live without.  

Did anyone happen to notice if the He/She from the Rochester Show was the same guy with the ear rings and gold necklace wity quite a few handguns?

You mean the 7 foot tall man/woman?  I didn't see it at this past show, but the one before it had a boytoy with him/her.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:52:01 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Yeah, for a dummy gun build. I picked it up and at  first was like 'what is this', but since I've seen them in magazines, I knew what it was.

That same table had a whole bunch of muzzle attachments. I almost bought the krink attachment. What does it do other than look cool?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, for a dummy gun build. I picked it up and at  first was like 'what is this', but since I've seen them in magazines, I knew what it was.

That same table had a whole bunch of muzzle attachments. I almost bought the krink attachment. What does it do other than look cool?

The krink attachment creates a eddycurrent at the muzzle so the weapon can get enuff back pressure to cycle the krink AK
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Would this effect a nonkrink AK negatively? Would it make it louder or give it a larger muzzle flash? ( These are not negative results in my book.)
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean the 7 foot tall man/woman?  I didn't see it at this past show, but the one before it had a boytoy with him/her.

I got an uncomfortable face to hooter encounter with he/she while at the Oak Grove Arms counter.....
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

That would be Mira.  She actually owns a pryrotechnic company. She has one hell of a gun collection.  And she has a set of drop leg holsters for her pair of H&K 23s.  Trust me, Death451 knows her well.  Almost as well as the tactical granny Hermaphrodite from Grand Rapids.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:34:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:43:40 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

She was at the fairgrounds show last spring too. Wintermute and I saw her. She was dry firing an AK into the ceiling over and over. I know I was scared.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Yeah...  I saw the 7' tall woman on Saturday morning ~11 AM or noon-ish at the gunshow...  She DID have a guy with her...

Is that Roychelle?  Now Mira?  Or what?  

I didn't see it this time.  That's why I thought it might have been the guy with the jewelry.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Would this effect a nonkrink AK negatively? Would it make it louder or give it a larger muzzle flash? ( These are not negative results in my book.)

It makes it quieter for the shooter and those on the side as it directs all the blast forward, including the flash.  A lot of the SBR guys are starting to use them to reduce complaints at the range when they shoot.  With a shorter barrel not all the powder is burned before the bullet leaves the barrel, so the powder is burned at the end of the barrel making a louder pop.  I really haven't noticed that it's all that much louder than a regular 16", some, but not much.

I guess I'll see if I get any complaints this summer.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:34:56 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

That would be Mira.  She actually owns a pryrotechnic company. She has one hell of a gun collection.  And she has a set of drop leg holsters for her pair of H&K 23s.  Trust me, Death451 knows her well.  Almost as well as the tactical granny Hermaphrodite from Grand Rapids.  

<Comment removed >
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:59:47 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<Comment removed >

Come on now, don't hold back DP...  I've seen 'IT' at the shows around Duluth a few times.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:58:58 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<Comment removed >

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:18:52 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
<Comment removed >

ETA - Post 1000 Woot!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top