Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 3:27:16 PM EDT
My FFL told said the one might be coming in on trade and asked if I would be interested. I said I would be interested if the price is right.

RRA 9mm AR is 1,100 or 1,200

So what would a Colt with 4 to 6 Colt mags be worth?

Thanks,

Chris
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:02:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My FFL told said the one might be coming in on trade and asked if I would be interested. I said I would be interested if the price is right.

RRA 9mm AR is 1,100 or 1,200

So what would a Colt with 4 to 6 Colt mags be worth?

Thanks,

Chris

New Colt 6450's can be had for $1150 shipped to your FFL.  Used may be worth $1000 to $1150 depending on condition.

Used Colt mags will easily bring $50-$55 each.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:35:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Once you  own a 6450, they are priceless

On the other side if they are getting  that much for a RRA, you would be better off looking somewhere else
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:45:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Once you  own a 6450, they are priceless

On the other side if they are getting  that much for a RRA, you would be better off looking somewhere else

Thanks for the info guys.

The Colt AR is not the FFLs yet.
But it is nice to know what a fair asking price is. The mags sure are spendy, almost as bad as HK 94 mags.

Chris
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:37:39 AM EDT
[#4]
speaking of 9mm Ar's  are there any recommended brands-anybody gots one?

selling one?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:29:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
speaking of 9mm Ar's  are there any recommended brands-anybody gots one?

Colt.  Read the Pistol Caliber Forum.  You'll see people complaining about functionality issues with pretty much every brand, but Colt has had by far the fewest.  Mine have been flawless.

selling one?

Check the EE.  They go for around $1150 new, not that much more than RRA or Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:07:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
speaking of 9mm Ar's are there any recommended brands-anybody gots one?

Colt
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:30:35 PM EDT
[#7]
seem a bit high for a "different" AR type rifle-
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:39:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I guess I don't completely understand your comment.  They aren't any higher than a similiar Colt such as a 6520.  Colts in general are higher in price than your generic brand AR.

You get what you pay for.  As I said, read the Pistol Caliber Forum and look at the problems of the other brands.  Is a $200 savings worth it when it doesn't work and you don't enjoy owning it?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:38:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess I don't completely understand your comment.  They aren't any higher than a similiar Colt such as a 6520.  Colts in general are higher in price than your generic brand AR.

You get what you pay for.  As I said, read the Pistol Caliber Forum and look at the problems of the other brands.  Is a $200 savings worth it when it doesn't work and you don't enjoy owning it?

I'm not sure I quite agree with "the more you pay, the better you get".  I'll agree that go dirt cheap and you will regret it, but in the armorer's course we saw just about every make/model (except a Hesse) and I was slightly surprised which ones gave the most problems in disassembly.

Is my Colt AR that much better because of the premium I paid?  I bought it for the name, mostly because everyone says "you need at least one Colt, just because" and it was my first one.  Does that mean the headspace isn't already at the limit with only 1250 rounds and the firing pin protrusion not even registering on the guage?  Nope.

I'll agree, don't go cheap, but money doesn't buy everything in life
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:56:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess it means i aint gonn pay for BS Colt overpriced crap (good crap) just for the name.  I had a Colt once- but my DPMS's shoot just as well and have never jammed.  I also do not want to pay that kind of $ for an "AR" just for a different cartridge.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:01:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:31:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Personally, I don't understand the whole "9mm Carbine" fascination...

What would you "USE" a 9mm Carbine for?

What would you USE any of your guns for?  If it's not for hunting, it should be banned!!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:50:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:52:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
...I'm keeping all my ARs in 223, ....

-iNuhBaD

You have an AR now?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:09:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Don't you know, Friday is Pick on the Mod Day?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:18:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What would you USE any of your guns for?  If it's not for hunting, it should be banned!!!

All I'm sayin is that the 9mm Carbine has a little bit 'Too Limited' of an application for me to justify spending $$ on it...  It's more of a toy for fun to me.  That said, "FOR FUN" is all the reason I need to buy a gun!  

In my present state, I can't afford to buy a gun "FOR FUN" when I've got a NEED for a more practical firearm which I can use for MANY more uses than "FOR FUN."  (Like Finishing My AR build)

If your range allows pistol calibers only it’s a nice option.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:05:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

All I'm sayin is that the 9mm Carbine has a little bit 'Too Limited' of an application for me to justify spending $$ on it...  It's more of a toy for fun to me.  That said, "FOR FUN" is all the reason I need to buy a gun!  

In my present state, I can't afford to buy a gun "FOR FUN" when I've got a NEED for a more practical firearm which I can use for MANY more uses than "FOR FUN."  (Like Finishing My AR build)

I hear what you are saying iNuhBaD.

About two years ago I bought a HK94. I got a good deal on it, but still it wasn't cheap. I thought it was crazy to spend so much for a "fun gun". I have no practical use for it, unlike a .223 or .308 Black rifle. At least with a .223 or .308 BR I could use it for deer hunting.

I am still torn over which would be more fun, a 9mm AR or FN PS90. The FN might be one of those guns that you will kick yourself for not buying one when they first came out (FAMAS, SIG550) But the lack of and price of 5.7 ammo is a problem.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Chris, I think InUh is debating whether to buy food or gas, not a p90 vs Mp5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top