Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/31/2006 2:54:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/31/2006 2:54:33 PM EDT by GoBlue]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:07:07 PM EDT
I am SO PISSED.

I am going to get a MN carry permit, I live on the boarder and it would make more sense.

Or open carry in WI
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:45:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:41:29 PM EDT
Yeah I'll have to get my MN permit for sure now. I took the class before but never got one, I was waiting to see what would happen here. It's bullshit, pure and simple.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:45:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By inferno715:
I was waiting to see what would happen here. It's bullshit, pure and simple.

Don't wait, EVER!

the courts struck down the law here last time as you know and a lot of people who decided to "wait" were left high and dry...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:07:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mcnielsen:

Originally Posted By inferno715:
I was waiting to see what would happen here. It's bullshit, pure and simple.

Don't wait, EVER!

the courts struck down the law here last time as you know and a lot of people who decided to "wait" were left high and dry...

I know I was one of them and now I have to retake the class.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:39:34 PM EDT
So what good is a Minnesota permit if you live in Wisconsin?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:40:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dave_Pendleton:
So what good is a Minnesota permit if you live in Wisconsin?

I live on the MN WI boarder and my work in MN so it would make some sense to get one.

Inferno715 lives on the boarder too.

Plus, the Twin Cities can be unsafe at certain places and at certain times

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:16:16 PM EDT
Get your MN permit soon. The bill is going to be tweaked again this year and you never know what is going to happen when that happens. It has to be done though, we need to fix it before we loose our Governer and the majority seats in the next election.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:21:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AlreadyThere:
Get your MN permit soon. The bill is going to be tweaked again this year and you never know what is going to happen when that happens. It has to be done though, we need to fix it before we loose our Governer and the majority seats in the next election.

Do you have some inside info? I haven't been watching too close for anything, so I would be out of the loop anyway.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:45:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mnandy:

Do you have some inside info? I haven't been watching too close for anything, so I would be out of the loop anyway.

The MNCCRN guys sent out an email blast a while back indicating they were going to try and "tweak" something. They wouldn't elaborate. I would imagine they are afraid the Repubs are going to take a bath in the next election, they are probably right. It will probably happen federally as well. If you are planning on any mag or AW purchases, I would hurry up and do it, I feel 2006 might be anyone's last opportunity to buy the good stuff for an eternity. Hopefully I will be wrong.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:42:11 AM EDT

"The protections we won regarding regular training, sobriety, law enforcement access to records and keeping guns away from schools are too important to lose," Steinbrink said.

With logic like that you can't win.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:06:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2006 7:20:29 AM EDT by whoanelly]

Originally Posted By back40:

Originally Posted By mnandy:

The MNCCRN guys sent out an email blast a while back indicating they were going to try and "tweak" something. They wouldn't elaborate. I would imagine they are afraid the Repubs are going to take a bath in the next election, they are probably right. It will probably happen federally as well. If you are planning on any mag or AW purchases, I would hurry up and do it, I feel 2006 might be anyone's last opportunity to buy the good stuff for an eternity. Hopefully I will be wrong.

The 2006 MN legislative session is going to be short and dirty-mainly fiscal policy/budget stuff. It starts March 1, and all bills must make it out of committee before March 28. This is good news because it will be slightly harder for Nora Slawik and friends to pass their MN AWB, but bad news because the leadership will want to focus on strictly budget items, and may not want to talk about CCW for the third year in a row. As always calls and emails to your reps are required.

edit: for your viewing displeasure-MN's own CA-style AWB

Top Top