Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/9/2006 5:58:31 PM EDT
Just got word that I will be deploying to Iraq. Will be leaving for Ft. Hood in March for the 6 Month train up, and then to the litter box.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:28:58 PM EDT
Good Luck and Happy Hunting!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:15:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2006 6:16:22 AM EDT by mcnielsen]
Keep us up to date! And get some!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:37:06 AM EDT
Oh man! Fort Hood...quite the vacation spot. I did a 6-month train-up there - it's kind of a dump.

Good luck, and try to have fun!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:06:15 PM EDT
I'm from St. Paul. Just left there actually....from X-mas leave.

I'm in the Army at Fort Hood right now. 1st Cav.

The ranges on base are 100% free. Bring your guns, ammo, and shoot all day. They have range safety personell and everything....every weekend

See you here in March! If I'm not at NTC in CA.....lol
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:00:49 AM EDT
What unit are you with?

At least you are going through Ft. Hood. I have 30 of my Troopers down at Cmp. Shelby. THAT is a real shit hole.

Good Luck,

SCOUTS OUT
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:35:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 19-kilo:
What unit are you with?

At least you are going through Ft. Hood. I have 30 of my Troopers down at Cmp. Shelby. THAT is a real shit hole.

Good Luck,

SCOUTS OUT

2-147 Air Assult, 34 ID, Chinook Co.

We are a detatchment from the 2-147. We were Kiowa's, Blackhawk's and Huey's, but we got rid of the Huey's and replaced them with Chinook's and then promptly deployed them. I am a 63B, Wheeled vehicle mech., and with two of us we have to take care of 4 HMMWV's, so this should be doable.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:10:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By kc0iwx:

What unit are you with?

Good Luck,

SCOUTS OUT

We are a detatchment from the 2-147. We were Kiowa's, Blackhawk's and Huey's, but we got rid of the Huey's and replaced them with Chinook's and then promptly deployed them. I am a 63B, Wheeled vehicle mech., and with two of us we have to take care of 4 HMMWV's, so this should be doable.

Wait...isn't the Stillwater National Guard Armory (right by my house) home to some members of the 34th ID? I just saw two Chinooks flying pretty close to each other right over Stillwater yesterday, too.

Anyways...best of wishes for your future.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:53:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By OBird:

Originally Posted By kc0iwx:

What unit are you with?

Good Luck,

SCOUTS OUT

Wait...isn't the Stillwater National Guard Armory (right by my house) home to some members of the 34th ID? I just saw two Chinooks flying pretty close to each other right over Stillwater yesterday, too.

Anyways...best of wishes for your future.

I would guess they are because AFAIK all MN units are 34ID. I bet that was our Chinook's, because the pilots have already begun some flight train-up localy before we leave.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:54:24 AM EDT
Red Bulls, hooah!

http://delobi.us/photos/mission/6/crw_2739_std.jpg

(That's a friend of mine during our train-up at Ft Hood...note the monster dip in his mouth...LOL)
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:14:45 PM EDT
Yeah!!! Nothing like prepping and training for a combat zone AND wearing MILES gear doing it!!! We just completed our 2-week exercise wearing that sh*t. We're excited we get to wear it next month at JRTC.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:35:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By flattop2004:
Yeah!!! Nothing like prepping and training for a combat zone AND wearing MILES gear doing it!!! We just completed our 2-week exercise wearing that sh*t. We're excited we get to wear it next month at JRTC.

It don't mean nuthin'
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:15:27 AM EDT
Another 19K hating life at shelby here - good luck, I actually am looking forward to the sandbox and starting the big clock
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:43:36 AM EDT
A friend of mine is a medic attached to HHC 1-167 Cav, down there at Shelby right now too...I'm glad I went to Texas instead of Mississipi.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:23:30 PM EDT
19-kilo what unit are you with. I am thinking about reclassing 19d and looking for a good unit.
Top Top