Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 1:11:41 AM EDT
I'm going to trade in a Browning Hi-Power (Mark3) for some other handgun. I'm thinking of a CZ75, Baby Eagle, some other 9mm. Would prefer a gun with a little bit of character/history behind it.. Anyone have some ideas?

I'm willing to spend a total (including trade) of around $500 for the new pistol.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:30:50 AM EDT
If its character and history you want go with a Springfield GI 1911 .45 Great gun for about what you are looking to spend. No handgun has more history than a 1911.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:40:23 AM EDT
i bought one of the clearance Steyr m9s from CDNN. the gun doesn't have "history", but the steyr name does. great gun for a great price ($299).
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:55:20 AM EDT
High Points are buiding a fairly questionable history these days
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:55:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2006 8:58:27 AM EDT by Cataclysm]
Have you read the new guns and ammo mag? There is a whole write up on 10 handguns that influenced the industry. Kind of like the article they had on military rifles a few months back. I usually take magazine articles with a grain of salt but I did find it an interesting read, wether I agree with it or not. Anyhoo, the browning Hi Power was on there for being one of the first "Higher" capacity pistols. I would hope they did the research on th at one cause its not something I would want to be responsible for spreading bad info on.

Originally Posted By dpmmn:
High Points are buiding a fairly questionable history these days

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:13:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Cataclysm:
Have you read the new guns and ammo mag? There is a whole write up on 10 handguns that influenced the industry. Kind of like the article they had on military rifles a few months back. I usually take magazine articles with a grain of salt but I did find it an interesting read, wether I agree with it or not. Anyhoo, the browning Hi Power was on there for being one of the first "Higher" capacity pistols. I would hope they did the research on th at one cause its not something I would want to be responsible for spreading bad info on.

Yep, the Hipower was pretty much the first recgonized wonder-nine...the first double-stack 9mm.

I need to try to find an older pre-war or possible wartime hi-power, maybe an Inglis or something, to add to the collection...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:28:09 AM EDT
Got the 1911 covered - have a series 80 Colt. The Steyr is very interesting.. something I think I'd want to shoot before I bought.

I'd be all over the High Point if I could get one in gold with some 20 inch rims. Don't come that way? Too bad!

It seems like a lot of the pistols I'd like to get are just outside my budget right now.. Broomhandle Mauser, Schofield, Webley .45 ACP, H&K P9S.. If I didn't have the itch to buy now I'd save up a little longer.

I'd keep the Hi-Power if I could keep them close to the 10-ring. It just doesn't seem to be a very accurate gun. I thought it might just be the one I got, but have heard others say the same about them. While it has history, the accuracy thing bugs me.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:13:18 PM EDT
Well since you have the 1911 out of the way you are in the same position as me. I am looking for police issue 38 service revolver from back in the day to pay homeage to the history of law enforcement. Let us know what you end up with.
Top Top