Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2003 6:16:47 PM EDT
Signed the lease on my new place in Albert Lea today.  It will be an adjustment from the cities.  What's a good place to shoot down there?  I will be moving in the next two weeks.  I stopped at Hart Bros. store.  I had seen them at a number of gun shows but never had seen have their store.  It looked like they had at least twenty Ar-15's on the shelf along with other military rifles.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 5:40:19 AM EDT
[#1]
CONGRATULATIONS!!!    I'm sure you're going to love that city/town!   A WHOLE LOT MORE PEACEFUL THAN MURDERAPOLIS!!!  The drive to MPLS will be tedious, but you could always just go to Rochester/Mankato though!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 6:31:16 AM EDT
[#2]
The last two years I have been driving back and forth to Faribault/Albert Lea to pick up my daughter for visits.  She lives in Albert Lea with ex.  The only problem is my parents live by Alexandria so a weekend visit with my daughter to their place is a haul.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 12:56:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I lived in Algona Ia for about 9 yrs.
I shot at the River City? club alot.
It's in Clear Lake Ia, take I 35 down to Hwy 18, turn east to Mason City a couple of miles, then turn north at the John Deere dealer.
2 miles to the stop sign and then straight another miles and a half or so. The club gate will be on the right side.
Bromley's gun shop on the east side of Mason City will most likley have better info on the schedule.
If my directions aren't too clear it isin't my fault, I know where things are, just don't ask me how to get there.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 3:15:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, that sounds like the directions to a club I use to belong out western minnesota when I lived out that way.  Pretty soon I will have to move to northern Minnesota so I can say I have lived in Northern, Southern[2 times], western and eastern minnesota.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Hi-diddly-ho neighbor,

New Richland Sportsman's Club has a trap range (Monday night shoots in summer) and about a one hundred yard pistol/rifle range with 20+ foot high berm and covered shooting stations.  Shooting benches manufactured in the local industrial arts class.  No side berms though but it does the trick.  They give members who are interested a key to the front gate so you can shoot any time you want to so there's no one harping on you to shoot slower.

And what would you expect to pay for all this freedom?  I believe the going rate is a whopping $10 per year.  Sign up now, there's no waiting.  Let me know if interested and I can provide contact info.

Drive past New Richland on State Hwy 13 and it's on the east side of the road.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 7:02:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Hi! and welcome to SO. MN!

Yeah, Harts store is awesome and Mylan and his wife are some of the nicest people I have met. Most of my gun purchaces have some from there.

I live in Rochester so I don't know of many ranges around ALbert Lea. There is a nice range here in Rochester. The Southern Minnesota Sportsmans Club. Its a nice big range with 200yd targets and a trap range and bowling pin table. However it is run by mostly hunters and I get nasty looks every time I go down there with my AR or AK. It is also 50 bucks a year so that is kinda high.

There is a hrange in Zumbrota. THe Zumbrota Valley Rifle Club. Its a private club that has some nice ranges. I h ave never shot there but I toured it and it looked like a really nice place with very few members. Not a lot of people around there. they also have a 200yd range and trap range and pistol ranges.

I hope this helps you some and again, welcome to Southern Minnesota!

Hey! Once I turn 18 we should all have a Southern Minnesota Shoot! (can't drive with guns in my car yet )

Anyways, welcome and I'm sure you will enjoy it down here.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 2:39:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I know where that is my ex-wife lived in New Richland for a year.  Tell me where to send the money and I will send it. I had forgotten about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top