Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2003 4:18:36 PM EDT
In order to liven it up a bit, I will be the sacrificial lamb and say that Minnesota Hometown is the most boring of anything on AR-15.Com. It is just the ticket to have a good night's sleep, I just read it before I go to bed, half the time I get so drousy I forget to log-out! O.K. boys....fire away
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 4:42:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Gee, I woke up for THIS?

[yawn]

zzzzzzzzzzz...
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I too check the MN Hometown board every night before sleep.  But that's because I'm supposed to check it often to make sure nobody's fighting or breaking the board rules/regulations.

I think we should make the purpose of this thread not so much of a "Fire/Flame Away" at you for stating the obviousness of truth...  But to make this thread possess a more constructive intent.  Such as:

SUGGESTIONS TO MAKE MN HOMETOWN BOARD BETTER.

Suggestions for more fun activities in MN as an AR15.com Group of Friends...

What are some of your suggestions?

A monthly night out as the AR15.com MN Beer Drinkers' Association for the MN AR15.com members to shoot the breeze, chug a couple pints, and discuss shooting meet/event possibilities...

We certainly don't have the local numbers to make any significant contributions towards one of those "Rifle Raffles" or "Accessory Raffles" we sometimes read about in the GD Forum.

Another suggestion is a LOCAL AR-15.com Gift Exchange for the Winter Holidays (How's that for the P.C. way to phrase Xmas, Hanuka, Kwaanzaa)!  This would clearly require a cost limit, and would require exchange as a group (like throwing a small party at a bar or something, or during a winter AR15.com shooting event).

There are many possibilities...  However, many of them require some kind of monetary investment.

I always forget to log out...  It's not any problem for our servers in NY.  Goatboy keeps them in top operating status...  A feat that amazes even me.  Goatboy's a master programmer, and it clearly shows.

SO LET'S HEAR SOME SUGGESTIONS LOCALS!!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#3]
This is one of the few places left to me where I don't have to be pc... You where talking about CHRISTMAS right?
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I usually work every other weekend, but check this sight to see if anybody has a shoot planned for S.E. Mn. Going to the gun show in Rochester this weekend. Never know, might get to meet one of you there.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#5]
as far as political correctness. that aint my gig, I call em it like I see it, Christmas is Christmas, I swear in public and I own Firearms.........  and yes I am the one with the AR-15A2 plates on my truck.....so lets get a shoot together, (outside preferably)
waste some lead, and who knows what else.  By the way  where can I get one of those "get over it...........Wellstone's dead" bumper stickers?  We need some Minnesota AR-15 hats, maybe some T-shirts, maybe stubby can get them.
om a more serious note   you guys should check out the Texas board or the Virginia board , they keep it hoping some days www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=8&f=8   or  www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=8&f=24
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 5:56:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I was trying to think of something creative and witty to say, but this forum sucked all the life out of my mind and body......even my pee-pee.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 11:20:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Trying to start trouble??...will get old Jim Franks to take away your CC permit...haha...or maybe to write something else on your permit...
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
this forum sucked all the life out of my mind and body......even my pee-pee.

Did the forum suck the life out of your pee-pee, or the pee-pee out of your body?

Or are you saying that this thread sucks big pee-pees?

Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

A monthly night out as the AR15.com MN Beer Drinkers' Association for the MN AR15.com members to shoot the breeze, chug a couple pints, and discuss shooting meet/event possibilities...

HEY!!!!!

Now that is a sweet idea!!!!!!!!!!

huh? what? wait.....anyone care to wait 4 more years till I'm legal?
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Wipeout,

Previous detailed statement changed to: Fakes Are Common At Colleges.

Whoops, Original statement is a SERIOUS violation of the conduct code:

The following are an evolving series of rules for conduct in the forums. Those who choose to break these rules may be warned, have their account temporarily suspended, or be removed from this Website at the discretion of the Staff. Serious violations such as threats of violence or advocating illegal or criminal acts may result in legal action.

Forgot, I'm moderator here...  I will only piss myself off by breaking the rules.  

Now I'm making an observation, and not an advocation.

I don't want to have to lock my own account & ban myself...  
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#11]
well  with a thread like that ...how is this going to get this hometown board rolling........................????
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 8:12:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I may be going to Armored Fire this Saturday if anyone else is interested. A get-together would be a really good idea. We could meet at a Champs or similar establishment that would allow any under age members to attend (just not consume alcohol). An English friend of mine used to go shooting followed by Champs, with my wife, and myself every Friday night. He has since moved back to England, but I would really enjoy something like that. You get all kinds of funny looks from people while sitting around talking guns.

Off the subject but something that might interest MN members, Galyans has a good deal going right now. I have never bought a firearm from a department store before, but they are offering 10% off any one purchase when you apply for one of their cards. There is no interest for 1 year if the purchase is over $500 dollars. Just something to think about if you need a new gun before hunting starts.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 12:57:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought a Browning .22 pistol from them and was very pleased with their service.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 5:47:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm up for the Arfkom/MN member metro beer drinking.  

Just ask dsspro, I can drink his bitch ass under the table.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 1:36:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Mayhaps... but can you withstand me and my Jaegermeister?
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 1:48:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mayhaps... but can you withstand me and my Jaegermeister?

I'm glad the idea was received rather well on this board, but...

You ALL had better just make sure to keep me AWAY from Southern Comfort or I'll drink you ALL under the table, AND likely I'll drink myself under ground to boot!    I wound up in the hospital earlier this year for downing almost an entire bottle in under 5 hrs time.  I now cannot eat too spicy of food or I upset my ulcer...  
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 2:09:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Here's how you guys can liven up your hometown board:

1.  Elect a Republican Governor who ends up proposing wholesale tax reform and alienates EVERYBODY in the state...

2.  Get the Chief Justice of your Supreme Court to install a 5,300-pound monument depicting the 10 Commandments in your State Judicial Building...

3.  ....

Wait a minute...  that's MY hometown board!!!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top