Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/7/2003 10:12:01 AM EDT
(Posting same Q in MI forum as well)

Did any of you guys maintain a CCW permit from another State that is recognized by reciprocity in your State’s new CCW law BEFORE you got a license in your home state?

Curious to know that IF Wisconsin’s PPA passes (with the current reciprocity language intact) whether or not a FL carry permit will be “good enough” until I can get approved through the Milwaukee County Sheriff (whom I imagine will not be sprinting through the application approval process).
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 4:52:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2003 4:55:21 AM EDT by Dolomite]
OK.

So it appears that MN only recognizes LA, WY, and MI as states that have laws similar to yours.

A quick visit to packing.org shows me that none of the above states even issue non-resident licenses.

So that kind of answers my own question.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 10:34:46 AM EDT
i've heard that i could get a mn nonresident ccw while i lived in wi. never really got the correct (legal) info on it but i think it's doable..still can't carry in wi tho.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 12:40:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2003 12:41:47 PM EDT by Dolomite]
I have a frind that went and took the MN class - said it was a joke - a whole 30 rounds fired in class.

Tho the hope that the WI PPA, if passed, will recognize MN non-resident permits is just that, A HOPE!

Sure, as the WI PPA is written now - residents of any state that issues a permit (which leaves out VT) will be able to carry here. But Guvner Doyle has wielded the mighty line item veto pen like a savy ninja before - so, despite how nice it'd be to carry in 20 states with a FL non-res license, I'm thinking of saving my money and waiting.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 2:15:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2003 9:22:10 PM EDT by QuinlanV]
Your buddy should have taken the Defensive Edge class. I fired around 350 rounds the day I took the class. 50 of them were for the qual. The rest were spent learning to be a better shooter. This was after 2 hours of classroom type instruction covering all the legal stuff. Great class!
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 6:21:04 AM EDT
What he said!!
Top Top