Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2003 4:39:48 AM EDT
Good morning to all!

I was one of the few hundred people who applied for my concealed carry permit on the first day the "NEW" law took effect, May 28th.  Have any of you received your permit yet?  I'm sure with all the fear mongers running their mouths off, the Hennepin County sheriff will wait until the 30th day to mail my permit.  Any comments?

Also, some ammo against the fear monger gun haters.  Remind them of these FOUR points.

1)  More POLICE OFFICERS misuse their guns than law-abiding concealed carry permit holders.

Should we take away their guns?

2)  We trust 15 year old CHILDREN with a deadly weapon every day.  It's called a car.  Who should we trust more.. a 31 year old male with NO criminal record, or a unexperienced child with a car?

Should we raise the driving age to 31?

3)  More kids die from drowning in 5 gallon pails of water than do die by the misuse of firearms.

Should we BAN 5 gallon pails?
Should we BAN water?

4)  There has NEVER been a documented case in which a concealed carry permit holder has committed murder.

5)  More people die in car accidents each year than do from the misuse of firearms.

Should we BAN cars?

Food for thought!

Tom
Brooklyn Park, MN.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:32:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Still no permit.  Anyone received theirs yet?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:33:31 PM EDT
[#2]
still waiting. im pretty sure they are waiting it out. its pretty hard to run a criminal check isnt it?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:43:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm betting you won't see one before the 30 days is up. The S.D. is probabply waiting to see if the law gets overturned.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 3:07:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:26:47 AM EDT
[#5]
i was wondering if people were gonna make some fakes, the certificate i got was pretty cheasy. atleast i should get mine in a week or so
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:30:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

4)  There has NEVER been a documented case in which a concealed carry permit holder has committed murder.

Maybe in your state....but I dont think this applies everywhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top