Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2003 8:19:47 AM EDT
Today I went down to the Ramsey Country Sheriff's office with my application for the concealed carry permit....the officer was very nice, and of course channel 5 was there and asked if they could film part of my meeting with the officer checking my application papers..I said yes, so, probably will be on channel 5 tonight.....it took approximately 15 minutes and was no problem at all.......The officer was from Cottage Grove and I used to live there, so, we had a little conversation about CG....He actually said that he wasn't too worried about law abiding citizens carrying handguns because they are not the ones who are going to shoot at him.....well, anyway, it went well, and hope to have my permit within 30 days........
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#1]
is it true you had to make an appointment.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:40:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey Jem...

I applied today myself.  I live in Hennepin County so I applied in downtown Minneapolis.  Can't believe how simple, easy, and FAST it was!  In and out in ten minutes.  It probably helped that I had downloaded all the neccesary paperwork and had everything filled out.  Hopefully it won't take 30 days.

Have you seen any posted signs yet at businesses stating NO FIREARMS ALLOWED?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:19:52 PM EDT
[#3]
dsspro......yes, you have to call and make an appointment for Ramsey county....it only takes 10-15 minutes unless there are other people waiting.....there were supposed to be 82 applicants today, but, the officer said that some of them didn't show up....I walked in and was interviewed right away...no questions, but, have your paperwork ready and that's it....
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:22:51 PM EDT
[#4]
nuetom.....haven't seen any signs yet....on the news, the metrodome has signs, and the loudspeakers were blasting out no guns for todays baseball game...twins 6 Oakland 5...........My son had to apply in Stillwater(Washington county), and he also had no one in front of him and it took about 5 minutes and we were out of there.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top