Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 3:53:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
His book "More Guns, Less Crime" came out in 1998.  So there is 20 years of age to factor in as well but his hair was a wreck.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I feel like a fool.  I was standing next to Dr. John Lott but didn't recognize him.

He looks different than I remember which was like this.

https://www.wyominggunowners.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/john_r_lott-sc.jpg
Yeah he kinda needs a haircut, but I can see why you didn't recognize him.

Thanks for the updates from everyone there.
His book "More Guns, Less Crime" came out in 1998.  So there is 20 years of age to factor in as well but his hair was a wreck.  
Yeah, he walked past me by the left doors at the back (not on the side of softpoint) and I had no idea who he was
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It passed.  12 to 8 with 3 people passing.
View Quote
The craziest vote I have ever seen. I had it all mapped out the night before. I thought, this one will vote "yes" and this one will vote "no" and I wasn't even close to being right. When Jeff Hoover abstained I was sure we had lost it, but then two more dems. abstained. It was very dramatic.

I got a picture of John Lott and me together to add to my picture with Alan Gottlieb. I am becoming a celebrity magnet. They are all coming here to see me.

Savannah Maddox was wonderful. She stopped all the BS that was coming from the opponents just in time. Things were going sideways until she stepped in.

Now, we'll have to deal with the amendments.

Does anybody know where I can get one of those dolls?
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 4:35:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah, he walked past me by the left doors at the back (not on the side of softpoint) and I had no idea who he was
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I feel like a fool.  I was standing next to Dr. John Lott but didn't recognize him.

That is where I was standing, by those doors.  I was the guy standing against the wall next to the door wearing a blue coat.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 4:36:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That is where I was standing, by those doors.  I was the guy standing against the wall next to the door wearing a blue coat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Captain America shield shirt
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#5]
If the screens in Chambers have an the bills for the day, it doesn't look like SB150 is on the docket currently.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If the screens in Chambers have an the bills for the day, it doesn't look like SB150 is on the docket currently.
View Quote
I don't see the House rushing this one the way the Senate did.  They at least need to make an effort to help the undecideds figure out which way to vote.  They would want the NRA to do an alert, which won't come out until tonight or tomorrow.  I bet it doesn't get taken up until next week.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 4:51:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I got a picture of John Lott and me together to add to my picture with Alan Gottlieb. I am becoming a celebrity magnet. They are all coming here to see me.

View Quote
@softpoint  Did you get a picture with the two guys from NAGR?  I didn't know that is who they were with until the he gave his speech.

After Art finished I had to leave because things were running long.  No way was I going to waste my work day listening anti-gun liberals shriek and lie.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
It can't be scheduled yet. It has to go to the Rules Committee first. What you and I see on the internet is updated at the end of each day. Sometimes those people work up into the early morning getting it all done.

If you look at the bottom of the page they will tell you when it was last updated.

It will go to Rules first, then be put on the Calendar for the following day, Friday. Now is the time to contact your local representatives. You can use the same phone number as before. Now, we will have to deal with those three amendments that were filed and any other tricks that the dems. think up.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File

John Lott, Savannah Maddaux and some old guy.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It can't be scheduled yet. It has to go to the Rules Committee first. What you and I see on the internet is updated at the end of each day. Sometimes those people work up into the early morning getting it all done.

If you look at the bottom of the page they will tell you when it was last updated.

It will go to Rules first, then be put on the Calendar for the following day, Friday. Now is the time to contact your local representatives. You can use the same phone number as before. Now, we will have to deal with those three amendments that were filed and any other tricks that the dems. think up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First time to the Capital, still learning the process.

Contacting my rep would be like fighting the hands of time. Mine is a cosponsor on the AWB and voted no in committee today. I'll still do those blanket emails to all, but mine has ignored me so far, I don't see that changing.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 5:56:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Do you know where people received the Judiciary Meeting Agenda from?  Every "Mom's Demand Action" person had one and it listed the order that the bills were going to be heard.  I cannot find that information online anywhere.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Do you know where people received the Judiciary Meeting Agenda from?  Every "Mom's Demand Action" person had one and it listed the order that the bills were going to be heard.  I cannot find that information online anywhere.
View Quote
No idea, but they were definitely prepared.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#13]
There was a stack of them in the committe room, over by the coffee pot.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#14]
The only thing online that I know of is here:
https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/legislativecalendar
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 9:52:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I learned a very interesting fact from Mr. Lott, today. After Arizona passed constitutional carry, the number of Arizona concealed carry licenses TRIPLED.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 11:03:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I learned a very interesting fact from Mr. Lott, today. After Arizona passed constitutional carry, the number of Arizona concealed carry licenses TRIPLED.
View Quote
Rep. Massie mentioned that in an interview when asked about SB 150. He said the reasoning is that people get to conceal carry and then want the ability to do so in states with CCW reciprocity.

Thank all of you for your advocacy on this today for those of us who couldn't make it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 12:11:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Two new amendments added by anti-gun Democrat Representative Nima Kulkarni.

Amendment 4 has nothing to do with changing the bill.  Instead it adds sections to the law to greatly expand the definition of "domestic abuser".  To the point that if someone threatened physical force, for any reason, they would be considered a domestic abuser.  Anyone that was convicted of "threatening to use physical force" would have 24 hours to surrender their firearms to the Chief of Police.  Within 30 days of the conviction they can make a one time request to transfer the firearms from the Chief to a dealer.  After that the firearms are forfeited.

Amendment 5 is a red herring that presents itself as a simple title change removing the word "concealed".  The title change isn't a change to the title of the bill, it is a change to the title of that section of the law.  It changes that section of law from applying only to concealed carry and allowing it to apply to all weapons.  Our state constitution says they only have authority to regulate concealed carry and should supersede the broader term in the actual statute...but we all know how Democrats love to ignore parts of the US Constitution and this would open the door for the state Democrats to start ignoring parts of the Kentucky Constitution.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 5:27:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Now is the time to call the Legislative Message line at 800-372-7181 and leave a message for ALL members of the House Of Representatives. That message is "I support SB 150 as written, with NO amendments."
You have until 9 PM tonight and until about noon tomorrow. Floor session starts at 2 tomorrow afternoon, a final vote on SB 150 shortly thereafter.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Now is the time to call the Legislative Message line at 800-372-7181 and leave a message for ALL members of the House Of Representatives. That message is "I support SB 150 as written, with NO amendments."
You have until 9 PM tonight and until about noon tomorrow. Floor session starts at 2 tomorrow afternoon, a final vote on SB 150 shortly thereafter.
View Quote
Yes! Let's do this!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 6:55:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Done
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 7:16:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 8:07:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Done
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 8:17:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Done
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Did the NRA update the mass email tool ?  if so, link?
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hit.

Good luck tomorrow. Where I lucked out Wednesday, tomorrow is the company's yearly safety training

I'm just so fucking excited. I can't hardly contain myself.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 10:03:04 PM EDT
[#26]
It should all be live streamed on KET.com. The floor session is scheduled to begin at 9 am. I have not seen a schedule but they usually like to get out of there very quickly on Friday. I am just hoping that I can get in the building. Teachers may be back. This morning, there was a line of about 30 people waiting to get in when the doors were opened. After about an hour the line was all the way around the building. Soon the hallways and offices were full of them. I went home early. This thing with the teachers has been great for us. I have seen very little on TV and heard little on the radio about constitutional carry. I had expected a lot of negative publicity.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 11:40:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Now 18 amendments. They have gone crazy.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 1:33:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Did the NRA update the mass email tool ?  if so, link?
View Quote
Here is the NRA's email tool.  It will only email your Representative.  https://act.nraila.org/actions/campaigns/5500
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 1:38:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I am just hoping that I can get in the building.

View Quote
I have a way to get in and bypass the long line out of the front of the building.  On floor 2 of the parking garage there is a tunnel that goes under the parking lot to the building.  The doors have a badge reader, which didn't seem to be working, and the doors are often unlocked.  Even if they are locked you can push a button by the badge reader and security will come to the doors.  If you don't have a badge you just have to show them ID.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 1:55:54 AM EDT
[#30]
I love Marzian's amendments even though I'm sure submitted them to be obtuse and make all gun owners seem crazy.  I was talking with @minion42 earlier and said I wish some pro-gun legislators would put in pro-gun amendments just to give the anti-gunners something to worry about. For example, since the anti's are worried about training so much, how about require law enforcement agencies to offer free firearm training classes to anyone that wanted it.  Surely the anti-gunners would be in favor of that...
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#31]
SWIRE,
I have not tracked our states government enough.  Do a lot of the bills have crazy amendment requests like SB150?  While reading the amendments I had to remind my self that it was not the social media feed of the local high school.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Done.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 12:50:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Some of those amendments... hah!
https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/record/19rs/sb150.html#HFA18

"Amend KRS 382.110 to require county clerks to provide handguns to each signatory to a recorded mortgage or deed."
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Now 18 amendments. They have gone crazy.
View Quote
Mainly the same Louisville rep adding the same lunatic amendments she adds everytime constitutional carry is considered.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#35]
The bill is being debated right now.  Watch live. https://www.ket.org/legislature/?legislation=house&autoplay=true
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 2:05:56 PM EDT
[#36]
I really should not watch this stuff.
I do not think I have ever wanted Louisville out of this state more than I do right now! What a bunch of sanctimonious idiots.

Mary Lou Marzian is a real piece of work. I can only imagine who votes for her.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#37]
I can't watch. Those liberal commies get on my last nerve.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 3:38:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Passed in the house
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 4:08:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Vote was 60-37 yes.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 4:10:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Great!
I was in meetings and coundn’t watch, what of the admendments?
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Great!
I was in meetings and coundn’t watch, what of the admendments?
View Quote
No amendments.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 4:15:20 PM EDT
[#43]

Has Bevin indicated which way he'll go? Judging by past statements I am inclined to say he will pass but it ain't official till the ink is dry
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 5:04:12 PM EDT
[#44]
He has said that he'd sign. Hell, his hand picked running mate for reelection was a co-sponsor of the bill, Ralph Alvarado. He will be glad to sign. Bevin is the most pro-gun Governor in my lifetime.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 5:05:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
He has said that he'd sign. Hell, his hand picked running mate for reelection was a co-sponsor of the bill, Ralph Alvarado. He will be glad to sign. Bevin is the most pro-gun Governor in my lifetime.
View Quote
Amazing news!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#46]
its about damn time

its been a real shame that  our state as progun as it is.  has went this long without passing this when even wv  did it years ago
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Good on ya Kentucky, our Legislature in Tennessee is a bunch of Liberal hacks...
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 12:05:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Thanks to all that called or wrote emails and letters. This is what we can accomplish when we work together and everybody joins in.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 12:42:15 AM EDT
[#49]
So do I understand correctly that the bill passed with NONE of the stupid amendments attached to it?
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 12:44:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So do I understand correctly that the bill passed with NONE of the stupid amendments attached to it?
View Quote
That is correct, no amendments were attached to it.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top