Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2017 2:42:38 PM EDT
We haven't been to the shoot in three years, has much changed there?

I heard they finally paved under the pole barn.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 6:28:03 PM EDT
[#1]
A lot has changed.

The old steel bridge that frequently flooded has been replaced with a very nice concrete bridge that is much higher.

The out buildings are much nicer with concrete floods and better lighting.

The store has doubled in size with a brighter and fresher look and feel.  

There are better stands.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A lot has changed.

The old steel bridge that frequently flooded has been replaced with a very nice concrete bridge that is much higher.

There are better stands.
View Quote
How are the porta potties?
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 10:11:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A lot has changed.

There are better stands.
That, I do not know.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 10:17:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I think they stink.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A lot has changed.

There are better stands.
I can't wait to climb the pyramid o' feces.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 11:53:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I will be there for the first time  Friday and Saturday.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:40:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:47:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Hoping ammo is on par or less than online prices.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 12:48:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's usually at online prices. I'll be there at open Friday morning. I'll post prices later.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 7:13:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's usually at online prices. I'll be there at open Friday morning. I'll post prices later.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is the norm for ammo. If I see an almost empty pallet, I normally hover close by to see if they'll cut the price just to get it out of the way. I got a slamming deal on some 7.62x54 that way a few years back. I forget what I paid or how many cans it was, but needed a mule to get it back to the truck. I still have like 6 cans of that stuff.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 4:13:24 PM EDT
[#11]
And ammo prices sucked compared to online.

$300 for 1,000 rounds of green at Copes was best I seen.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
That sucks to hear, going down tomorrow with the intention on buying some ammo and mags.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 9:23:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, I was surprised. I didn't look at much ammo, but what I did see was overpriced, IMO.  There were guys with carts of Wolf cases comimg out while I was waiting in line just before 9. So, maybe there were some deals.

I spent my stash on an excellent condition '03A3 at a pretty good price and got out.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:04:40 AM EDT
[#14]
The concrete was a nice welcome addition. Didn't see any great deals. If PSA would go and set up a big booth with their online deal pricing they would spank all the other dealers there.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Double star, RRA and the others need to clearly mark their uppers at to what they are- type and specs of BCG, barrel steel, chrome or melonite, etc.

Most didn't even have a sticker or tag with price.

A busy noisy environment is not the place to ask 87 questions as to what they are.

It was a pretty good show overall though.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 12:29:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Show wasn't too bad I didn't really buy much my buddy spent a decent bit of money on g3 mags and a sks.

One of the vendors outside didn't really have bad ammo prices pretty much on part with SGammo. Had 9x18 mak ammo for 19cpr. And 7.62x39 for .21cpr.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 3:04:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Found the info I was looking for... Thanks
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#18]
I scored a deal on a factory HK MP5K-N barrel for a SP5K aas well as a NIW PSG-1 trigger pack. Go both for less than a PSG-1 trigger pack on any of the online vendors. That barrel alone would probably sell in under 30 mins for close to 2k on hkpro.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 6:39:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Double star, RRA and the others need to clearly mark their uppers at to what they are- type and specs of BCG, barrel steel, chrome or melonite, etc.

Most didn't even have a sticker or tag with price.

A busy noisy environment is not the place to ask 87 questions as to what they are.

It was a pretty good show overall though.
View Quote
That was a problem.  Too much stuff is just laying there.

Spend a minute or two tagging your stuff!
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:23:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The concrete was a nice welcome addition. Didn't see any great deals. If PSA would go and set up a big booth with their online deal pricing they would spank all the other dealers there.
View Quote
This.

The show seems like it's getting smaller as well.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:15:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Are the MG Shoot shirts supposed to have a "worn" look now?
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 7:58:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 8:17:52 AM EDT
[#23]
I enjoy just going to the shoot now. I did not buy anything but a pack of Surefire batteries cheaper than Amazon. I have been going for almost 20 years since I was in College. I am from/was in Mississippi and made some gun-nut friends who got me into the hobby and we went every year to stock up an ammo. To tell you how long I have been going, I remember when an 840 sealed LC can of M855 ball was a $160. I still have a sealed can from that run!

My favorite trip was April (or November) 2006. I am from the Mississippi Coast and my buddy who usually went with me lost everything in Katrina. He could not attend and sent me with $3,000 cash to replenish his stash, as his insurance settlement had come through. Truck was squatting on that trip back home! I also got to introduce the shoot to my girlfriend (now wife) and had a great time.

As for now, with PSA shipping it to your door, along with our EE site here, it is hard to justify going to buy stuff. I just like to go sit and watch stuff get destroyed!

Best deal I ever got - I had several things I got for free during Katrina relief and traded it for a $200 weapon light. ;-)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top