Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2017 9:49:09 PM EDT
Every year at this time there is a huge Art Fair in Old Louisville. The St. James Art Fair. This is the largest public event of the year in Louisville outside of the Derby Festival and Thunder Over Louisville. The streets are closed between 3rd and 6th and Magnolia and Hill. This event started in 1957 as a small event for a few local artists and has been growing ever since. I used to live in this neighborhood and went every year in the 60's and 70's.  The Art Fair draws vendors from all over the country. All kinds of art is on display and for sale, painting, photography, leather craft, handmade jewelry. There is also the usual fair food. Recently, I have been distracted by the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot that was always held on the same weekend.

This year the Fair and the Machine Gun Shoot are a week apart and I decided to go to the Art Fair yesterday, Saturday. Naturally, I was open carrying. I carried my stainless 1911 in a cross draw rig. It was very obvious. This is the center of the artsy liberal's world for this weekend. The weather was great and I walked around for about three hours without any problems. The Second District Police Station of Louisville Metro PD is located in Central Park, which is just across Magnolia St. from St. James Court and the park was filled with food vendors and tables and chairs. Thousands of people were there. I did notice a few "looks", but I suspect those people were mostly from out of state. I did expect at least a "contact" with LEO, but none was forthcoming. There were no screams of "Man with a Gun", no women stampeding or horses fainting. It was a complete "nonevent". I had planned to go back today, Sunday. It rained all day, so I decided to stay home and watch football instead. The results were about the same as yesterday's. Next weekend, I'll be at the Machine Gun Shoot.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:45:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Good
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 12:38:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There were no screams of "Man with a Gun", no women stampeding or horses fainting.
View Quote

That's about right for Ky, where we are known for fast women and pretty horses.

I don't care who you are, that there is downright funny!
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 12:39:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I decided to stay home and watch football instead.
View Quote

Oh please say it ain't so!   Not the national felon league .
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:57:46 PM EDT
[#4]
The people that attend this event are 99.9% Libtard.

You are just asking for trouble OC'ing here.

All's what it takes is just a few SJW's to say "He threatened me!" and its your word against theirs.

I worked this area for years, and I never OC just because they hate us and they outnumber us.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:11:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The people that attend this event are 99.9% Libtard.

All's what it takes is just a few SJW's to say "He threatened me!" and its your word against theirs.

I worked this area for years, and I never OC just because they hate us and they outnumber us.
View Quote

That's the whole point of it. I know the type of people there, too. I lived in that neighborhood for 20 years and went to the Art Fair when it wasn't big enough to even fill up the "Court". What is gained by carrying a gun concealed or only carrying where you know it is acceptable? How will we ever be able to extend the places where we can carry, if we are afraid to carry where it is unpopular? I'll not let them dictate where I can carry.  If we let them dictate where we can carry, soon there will be no place for us that's acceptable to them. We have to push the envelope. You have to go to the lion's den to tame the lion. It can't be done in your living room. I will carry where I want, in any place where the law says I can. I will not be imtimidated out of my rights. The more unacceptable they find it, the more often I'll be back. They had plenty of time to complain, no one did.  Or they did complain and were ignored. If anyone had complained, I'd be going back again this weekend. I have open carried all over Jefferson County, including the Sheriff's Office, downtown. I intentionally go where there might be some reaction to it. Seeing that a person can peacefully carry a gun is an education for some people.

Tell me of just one incident like you described actually happening and causing any problems for the person carrying legally. That is just an invention in your mind and an excuse for you to use to avoid any potential confrontations. I don't avoid confrontations, in fact I seek them out. Nothing has ever changed in this country without confrontations. Blacks did not make gains in their civil rights without provoking confrontations. Gays did not gain acceptance without confrontations and asserting their rights. Gun owners will have to do the same, or we will lose our rights. You can join in and help or sit on the bench and let others do it. If you are afraid to carry in places where people find it uncomfortable, but it is perfectly legal, soon they will be uncomfortable everywhere and we will unable to carry in any place, because we are just too timid to be confronted. I can't imagine a person that is too timid to carry in a place where it is legal, but not doing it because he is afraid that some others won't like it, but still carries a gun in other places and says that he would not be afraid to use it if necessary. What would those people think of his defensive use of a gun? Does he think they would approve?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top