Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2017 2:58:00 PM EDT
Just saw this in the paper.  The show sponsor is RKPrepperShows.com, so my first thought is it is the typical RK Gun Show just renamed since their gun show generally sucked.  I might go and see if it is anything different...but my expectation is it won't be anything different.

Anyway I figured I would let people know.  The url for the show is https://www.rkpreppershows.com/event/lexington-ky-survival-expo-gun-show/

Hours:
Saturday Hours: 9-5pm
Sunday Hours: 9-4pm
Tickets:
Adults: $12, VIP: $14.50 – no line, no wait
Kids: 12 & Under Free
VIP Tickets can be purchased online,
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Might check it out, maybe some interesting booths. So tired of the crappy gun shows.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:19:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm at the show.  Few guns, mainly first aid supplies, bags, backpacks, optics, night vision, and knives.  They are doing 3 different prepping/survival seminars.  Guns and ammo that are here are the typical over priced items such as $15 usgi or pmags.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Just got back. All the dealers I talked to were pissed. Said they were lied to. Said nothing was selling. Prep stuff seemed pretty high. Honestly one of worst shows I've ever been to.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 3:36:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Did the dealers say what lies they were told?  Most people leaving the show were carrying things they bought but inside I did not see many sales being made.  We ended up buying a smaller sling bag that will be used as an emergency situation bag and stay in the trunk of the car.

One gun dealer had good prices, the others were smoking crack.  Almost all the optics and night vision looked like they were Chinese made.  There wasn't too much prepping stuff, other than no-name MREs and over priced no-name first aid and medical supplies.  

It was good to see the selection of things out there and think about things to put in a bug out bag or have stored away if a hurricane/tornado hit.  The bag we bought seems to be high quality, everything else at the show seemed to be of uncertain quality.  So if things weren't selling it is either because it was over priced or questionable quality.

LEX 18 was there filming people and vendors when we were there.  The reporter was wearing either a tactical vest or body armor over his clothes though.  The reporter was the most over the top dressed person at the show.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:03:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Lol oh man I had a good laugh over the reporter guy. I think the dealers said they were lied to about how big the show was. They were under the impression there would be another few hundred tables and they were combining the prepper stuff with the show. Something along those lines.

A few of the tables had some nice womenz. That girl at the table with the fire didn't look half bad. And the girl in I think a red shirt with a hat on had a hell of an ass
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted: One gun dealer had good prices, the others were smoking crack.
View Quote
You win the internet sir.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top