Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/3/2010 7:37:26 AM EDT
Ive seen some mixed reports here an here on the net about boar being up into southern IN, but havent heard any first hand about them being in NKY.

Any of you hear or seen anything. Hate to admit it but havent spent much time in the woods in the past 8 years or so. Sure like to try my hand at a hog hunt, especially if the damn things have made thier way into the northern part of the state.

Anyone wanna go on a hunt? Been awhile, but i can still slip though the woods like grandpa taught me.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 10:31:55 AM EDT
Ditto what he said.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 1:54:02 PM EDT
Id be down for some of that, i was over on the tennessee section seeing if anyone would let me come down and let me hunt. I didnt get much responce. I havent heard of any in KY yet.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:18:49 PM EDT
I'm in too. love to get my hand back in with some exciting hunts.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:46:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2010 4:50:38 AM EDT by M60forever]
A year or two back I posted video someone took of a wild boar in their back yard in a covington subdivision. It was all over the local news. Last time I tried the old link it didn't work anymore.

Here is the old thread but the news (video) link does not work anymore.

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=8&f=27&t=363546
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:56:25 AM EDT
About 10 years back we saw 2 of them on our property in Greenup Co. There was a rumor one of the neighbors had released them. The next year there was a sighting of 6 piglets with the mother. They started making a huge mess of parts of our property. We had one mud hole that started about 2 foot square and ended-up about 10 foot square when they were done with it. Other neighbors were seeing the same issues so a few guys made it their job to get rid of them. We haven't seen one (or any sign) for about 5 years now.
If you see one in N KY, my money says it was put there or a rare exception. They leave plenty of sign when they are in the area so they are hard to miss.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:36:42 PM EDT
I know of confirmed kills in Henry County. I think the area was called Six Mile Creek, or something similar.

Rumor is, so dumbfuck went and caught some in Georgia, and then released them on their property.
Top Top