Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2006 2:31:19 PM EDT
I am going to be in the Bowling Green area for a couple days and will have a few hours to kill. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Corvette Museum and tour and Vette Plant.  Check to see if WKU has a home basketball game...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:19:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Are there any good gun shops or ranges in the area?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:42:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I moved about 7 years ago, so the only one that I know is still there is in Scottsville, KY - Joe Cheek shop.  I have heard of another one there, but was always told it was high.  

If you take the Natcher Parkway to Owensboro (1 hr) you can go to moonlight BBQ and then hit Whittakers Guns.  I always drove to Whittakers for gun deals when I lived in BG.  Back in the day there was J&M Gun Shop and Big Boys Toys, but they were pretty $$$$$$$ both are out of business.

Vette museum is really good.  There is also a 7 foot picture of me there, I am standing behind the millionth Corvette, driver side bumper.  ( I was an Intern there)

BG is a great city to raise kids and all, but I couldn't find much to do there, so I moved to Louisville.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:57:01 AM EDT
[#5]
There is the Green River Gun Club right outside of Bowling Green. I've never been there, by the web site info it looks kinda like a members only place
Maybe they'd allow a guest to shoot...I don't know...

Any one know if Koostra's Sporting Clays range is still going? Last info I had was:

290 Koostra Road
Bowling Green, KY 42101
(270) 781-9545

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:38:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Uncle Lee's in Greenville has a lot of guns. It isn't far from Bowling Green. I beleive it is the largest sporting goods store in KY. It is worth checking out. They have a website with directions.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:30:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Uncle Lee's in Greenville has a lot of guns. It isn't far from Bowling Green. I beleive it is the largest sporting goods store in KY. It is worth checking out. They have a website with directions.

Uncle Lee's and Whittaker's are a great loop to make for firearms shopping.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:57:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uncle Lee's and Whittaker's are a great loop to make for firearms shopping.

I've been to Uncle Lee's a few times but never made it to Whitaker's.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:11:48 PM EDT
[#9]

... but never made it to Whitaker's.

You have no idea what you are missing.

Really - you need to make a special trip.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#10]
You can get more info from www.whittakerguns.com the site does NOT do him justice.  Best Prices I have seen on many items and he stocks tons of Magazines.  He is over 2 hours away and I make it up there every few months.  My last Trip I picked up a Mini 14 for $339 with pistol grip stock.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#11]
What's the name of the gun store in West Louiville? I bought a pristine 1950 Enfield No4 MkII from him for $135 about 10 or 11 years ago and he had a LOT of everything. My dad picked up a lever action in .357 that day. What a place...!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What's the name of the gun store in West Louiville?

Whittaker's.  For those who don't know where it is, it's 2 hours away from the real Louisville.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:39:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Right! Thanks. He was always worth a drive up from Hopkinsville!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top