Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:27:57 AM EDT
I was thinking of using Brownell's Moly Coat finish on a Beretta Shotgun, but the gun and barrel are 33 inches and my oven is only 24 at best.    Is there a shop in town that would bake the finish on a shotgun.?????.  Directions state I need 300 degrees for 30 minutes.  Anyone tried the Brownells stuff in a Spray Can?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Mike-

Why don't you just do the barrel, then the receiver?  I've baked a 26" barrel in a standard size oven years ago.  Gotta angle it funny though.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Got any friends in the pizza business?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:00:41 PM EDT
[#3]
No Pizza buddy's.  The barrel on the Beretta Pintail doesn't seem to want to come off of the receiver.  May just say the Hell with it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:59:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Have you checked w/ the gunsmith out at the indoor range on Kiln Drive. I saw some of his Duracoat work yesterday and it was beautiful. He seemed like a real decent guy.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:28:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Funny you should mention them.  I was in there today and he is going to Parkerize my Barrel for $35.00.  I also bought a Used Taurus 9mm from them today.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:19:36 PM EDT
[#6]
You have to be careful about that Brownell's stuff...did you recently get it? If so and it got near freezing at anytime during the trip to you via UPS ground, it will clump up when you spray it, even after you warm it up at room temp or in warm water...

It's that very reason that I'm switched to Norrell's...I have done 3 guns in the last 3 weeks and they turned out awesome...

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:05:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Funny you should mention them.  I was in there today and he is going to Parkerize my Barrel for $35.00.  I also bought a Used Taurus 9mm from them today.

That right there is the way I would go!  Sounds like a deal to me.  

Gotta get us pics!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:33:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Still looking at using the Brownell stuff on an 870 Barrel.  How bad does this stuff stink of the House?????  Don't want a Divorce.

My thought is when the ole lady heads out this weekend to do shopping I could get the barrel baked.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:05:40 AM EDT
[#9]
It's pretty stinky....more than Norrell's...the best way is to seal off the rest of the house with a sheet of plastic and then put a fan in the window...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:33:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, still not sure what to do on the barrel, but I finished the Stock today...

BEFORE.  Bottom gun in CAMO, BERETTA PINTAIL bought off this board........

AFTER................

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:54:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Lookin good!  The stocks actually have some pretty nice grain too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top