Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/7/2006 10:01:56 AM EDT
Anybody know of any shoots or matches here in KY?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:17:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:05:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By r_p_narramore:
Anybody know of any shoots or matches here in KY?

Do you mean like NRA Highpower or CMP matches? What part of the state are you in?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:17:11 PM EDT
Yes, something like CMP. I live in the eastern part of the state.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:30:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2006 2:31:25 PM EDT by 2ridgebacks]
Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club. About 15 minutes North of Louisville in Borden. We have regular matches. club link with calendar

http://southernindianarifleandpistolclub.com/

If you need or want more info, IM me.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:47:48 PM EDT
IM sent. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:47:15 PM EDT
Miami Rifle and Pistol club around Cincinnati has HP matches.

Meade Co. Sportsman Club holds matches on Ft. Knox.

Indiana State Rifle & Pistol Assn holds matches on Camp Atterbury, about 30 miles South of Indianapolis.

I don't know about West Virginia. But I think their ranges are 100 and 200 yd ranges because of all the damn hills.

Oak Ridge Sportsman Assn has a nice 1000 yd range about 20 miles North of Knoxville.

It all depends on what "eastern part of the state"means.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:10:12 AM EDT
If what I read a while ago was correct...you don't even have to shoot in a match to order CMP...I believe they allow you to simply be a part of some organization (like the garand collectors club..$25 member fee) and you can order one.

I know match shooting is enjoyable but if its a burden then this seems to be an easier way.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:41:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CbtEngr1:
If what I read a while ago was correct...you don't even have to shoot in a match to order CMP...I believe they allow you to simply be a part of some organization (like the garand collectors club..$25 member fee) and you can order one.

I know match shooting is enjoyable but if its a burden then this seems to be an easier way.

Kentucky State Rifle and Pistol Assn is CMP-affiliated and is $20/yr, 3 years for $50, or Life for $250.

It's true you don't have to shoot, but you do have to demonstrate "marksmanship or firearms related activity". You still have to belong to a CMP affiliated club. Marksmanship activity is:

- Current or past military service.
- Current or past law enforcement service
- Participation in a rifle, pistol, air gun or shotgun competition (provide copy of results bulletin).
- Completion of a marksmanship clinic that included live fire training (provide a copy of the certificate of completion or a statement from the instructor).
- Distinguished, Instructor, or Coach status.
- Concealed Carry License.
- Firearms Owner Identification Cards that included live fire training.
- FFL or C&R license.
- Completion of a Hunter Safety Course that included live fire training.
- Certification from range or club official or law enforcement officer witnessing shooting activity. A form for use in completing and certifying your range firing can be downloaded from the CMP web site at http://www.odcmp.com/forms/marksmanship.pdf
- No proof of marksmanship required if over age 60. proof of club membership and citizenship required for all ages.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:27:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dracster:

Kentucky State Rifle and Pistol Assn is CMP-affiliated and is $20/yr, 3 years for $50, or Life for $250.

It's true you don't have to shoot, but you do have to demonstrate "marksmanship or firearms related activity". You still have to belong to a CMP affiliated club. Marksmanship activity is:

- Current or past military service.

<--------we have a winner
Top Top