Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2006 4:38:59 PM EDT
Just built a  Double Star lower with a Car Stock.  I had an upper laying around that I had used before.  Anyway, today I took out the new set up and it will fire the first round and eject it, but when the bolt tries to come forward it only makes it half way and stops.  Tried a couple mags and two kinds of ammo.  Nothing worked.  

Right now I have a single shot.  I didn't have my other gun with me, but I know my upper has worked before.  Could the spring in the buffer tube be too tight or too loose?

Any ideas?????
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:57:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Dang man, that really sucks.

Interested in the source of the problem as well.

Do you notice any resistance when you pull the charging handle to chamber a round?
What about when you release it?

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:03:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Well,  EVERYONE was wrong......!!!!

Someone was nice enough to check my set up job and I found I had the trigger spring in the wrong position and my hammer was catching my firing pin... OOOOPS.

Works Great now.  Rookie mistake.....
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:15:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Check the gas key screws for proper torque and staking. If they (or even one) are loose enough gas can leak to cause this problem.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:02:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Check the gas key screws for proper torque and staking. If they (or even one) are loose enough gas can leak to cause this problem.

This is what I would assume is wrong.  Try posting this over in the AR-15 section to get more responses.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top