Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 9:17:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Borders in Ashland nice place and good people.
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 10:11:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Borders in Ashland nice place and good people.

They have the best price in the area for Q3131A 4.49 and for CCI blazer brass 8.99.

Link Posted: 2/4/2005 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I will probably be making a trip to Sheps this weekend, how are they on their selection and prices?
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:36:08 AM EDT
[#4]
my favorite gun store is A&W sports in Irvine,KY
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's another vote for the new gun shop in Lexington called Classic Firearms and Archery. This shop just opened this past summer and they are really nice guys. They carry a lot of AR stuff along with a full line of Surefire items. Good prices too. They sell high quality (Bushmaster and Rock River) 30 round AR clips for around $15 bucks. Tough to even find them online for that price when you figure in shipping!

Classic is located on Southland Drive about a 1/2 mile off Nicholasville Road between Trumps Sports Bar and the bank.

Matt

Link Posted: 2/25/2005 9:10:41 AM EDT
[#6]
WHITTAKERS ROCKS!

I was in there yesterday, (again), and will be back there Sunday. Great people! Great selection!

If Whittakers doesn't have it.....you probly don't need it!  

Sua Sponte
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 5:09:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Here is my take for what its worth:

I live in Lawrenceburg, work in Frankfort, wife works near Lexington, so I usually make the rounds around Central KY.  Let me preface this with..I couldn't give a rats arse about hunting stuff as I just prefer military and police type weapons.

Frankfort:
Gilberts Guns--good selection and tries to keep in stuff people want.  Never bought a gun there because I think his prices are too high.

Mikes Guns--think he used to work for Gilbert at one time..or vice versa.  I have bought several things from him, all used. He will deal and usually has decent prices.  I hate going there though because there are at least 5-10 people in there smoking and when I leave I smell like a bar.

Lexington:
Antique and Modern Firearms-- Not a bad place for me because I like military and police stuff, which they probably have the best selection around Central Ky. Sometimes you can get a deal.  Most of the stuff is a little high though. They will negotiate a little.  They have parts for Ar's (not alot, mostly like grips, mounts, etc) and for .45's plus a good selection of benchmade knives (which they charge too much for).  People that work there seem snooty and too good for you many times.

Gun Site--same as mikes above, some deals to be had, reasonable prices, very limited selection of everything though and I hate going there because of the smoke. (so I don't go very often).  Havent' bought anything yet.

Fayette Firearms--just started going here. Guys are friendly, they don't know as much as they think they know though..and some of the part-timers don't seem to know squat.  The manager seems to work with you though. Bought some AR stuff there. They could do better if they carried more of it though.  Don't foresee them being in business long, limited selection but good location.  No smoke.

Classic Arms & Archery--couple guys split off from AM.  Getting a good selection, moving in the right direction with more AR parts (for me anyways) as they are getting some of the variable stuff in. Plus getting in a good line of AR's and military type stuff.  Way too much hunting stuff for my taste.  Prices seems to be inline with others in area but to me, a little on the high side.  Friendly talkative people makes it a enjoyable visit.  No smoke.  Haven't bought anything there..one item I was going to buy, they sold before I could get back to get.

Outside Lex.:
JT DIstributing: Bought some stuff at shows and thru the mail from them. They are good but high on some stuff at some shows for whatever reason.

Centerfire in Versailles: Where I buy 90% of my ammo. Have a walk in door open from like 10-5. Bought many surplus guns from them and lots of parts and accessories. Better than ordering thru the mail for me.

Couple stores in Louisville, have only bought one gun over there and it was an ok store...near the mall..can't remember the name. KY IMports looks promising and now I will have to go to OWENSBORO...I have heard about this place from a local friend who moved from there a couple years ago. Thanks for the website link.

ESSAYONS
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone checked out Uncle Lee's in Greenville latley ? I've bought 2 pistols and a rifle from them in the last 2 months and they have beat Whittakers prices on all 3  
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 4:44:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Well now I know what i'm doing for the next several weekends. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 5:54:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Western Kentucky (Paducah Area) :

Elite Firearms

Mikes

Shooters Supply

Dunns Sporting Goods

I know I live in Illinois but I do my buisness in KY. All these guys are top notch. Elite is a member of the board I believe....

Dang I worked at shooters and Im in elite alot..Yer stomping grounds close...
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 12:02:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Anyone checked out Uncle Lee's in Greenville latley ? I've bought 2 pistols and a rifle from them in the last 2 months and they have beat Whittakers prices on all 3  

Uncle Lee's slipped my mind.  It is heavily hunter oriented, but they still have a lost of guns, qammo and shooting gear.  Not as big a selection as Whittakers, but cheaper and easier to get along with.  It's interesting to go in just to see all the animal mounts - full body dear, wolves, bear, mountain lion, etc. + many heads, fish and stuff on the wall (changes ever so often).
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Frankfort:
Gilberts Guns--good selection and tries to keep in stuff people want.  Never bought a gun there because I think his prices are too high.

Mikes Guns--think he used to work for Gilbert at one time..or vice versa.  I have bought several things from him, all used. He will deal and usually has decent prices.  I hate going there though because there are at least 5-10 people in there smoking and when I leave I smell like a bar.

I think the same about Mike's, I don't need to come out of a store with a cloud of smoke rising off my clothes.  That and it is a sort of good ole boy hunter place where they don't know much about anything but hunting weapons and ammo.  I live aboput 200 yards from Mike's, but I usually drive a few miles to Gilbert's instead.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:20:03 PM EDT
[#13]
BREN,
I think its worth the drive to Lexington to Fayette Firearms and Classic Arms.  OF course Antique & Modern has been around for a while but I keep getting good deals at Fayette.

Essayons
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:15:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Classic Firearms is the best in Lexington, hands down.  John is actually interested in what I want and need, instead of trying to sell me what is on the shelf.  I've been in and out of gunshops for 20 years and   going to Classic is the best fun I've had in a long time visiting a shop.  I might go to other shops around here, but then I go to Classic and buy it.  

I went into A&M, where I first seen the Surefire weapons light, $250.00, saw and had to have regardless of price.  I went around the corner and bought another one 10 minutes later for $200.  

Same story on other items, it's out of hand at A&M.  

Don't take this as a negative message, just a positive one about Classic being here now.

I enjoy walking into a store without having to wear Kevlart underwear.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:07:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Knob Creek Range  31w 44.

E-Town Gun  31W Eizabethtown KY

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:56:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
BREN,
I think its worth the drive to Lexington to Fayette Firearms and Classic Arms.  OF course Antique & Modern has been around for a while but I keep getting good deals at Fayette.

Essayons

I agree with those who think the guys at A&M are a little harder to get along with than most, and considering we're talking gun shops, that's saying something (since I generally find gunshop onwers to be even bigger a**h*les than vintage guitar store owners - maybe because both deal with a lot of people without a clue who are "just looking").  However, I usually like going to Antique and Modern the best because they have some good parts and accessories (Wilson Combat, mainly), a nice case of used guns and some good IPSC rifles and shotguns.  I have been to Classic Arms a couple of times and they just didn't have anything that interested me.  I do like Fayette Firearms, since they have a lot of reloading and cleaning gear and sometimes have AR-15 receivers.

Here's something I keep thinking about - why do most gun shop owners just not seem to get it?  They stock lots of guns, which seem to be low markup and relatively slow moving items, but they rarely have a lot of the low dollar accessories that can be marked up more and people tend to buy a lot more often than guns.  I go in gun shops all the time, but I still have to order all the stuff I really want or need from Midway.  I have spent a couple of thousand dollars on shooting and reloading accessories at Midway and Creedmoor Sports in the past 3-4 months, but I can't find anything to buy in the local shops even when I'm trying.  Whittakers, of course, is the most notable exception to this - I could spend hours in there without even noticing that they sell guns.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:26:20 AM EDT
[#17]
You make a really good point Bren.  I believe it comes down to a matter of economics.
If you look at the space that AM has, they have it full with stuff (probably really experienced with stuff that sells too).  So I think they have lots of guns (which eveyrone wants to see and fits all styles in some fashion) but they have only more popular accessories. they don't have space for reloading supplies, etc. even though they have the money to stock a bigger store (look at how many employees they have).

After just getting into another retail spot myself (not gun oriented) I can say that for the individual or partnership, its alot to do with $$.  I have picked up some good deals at Fayette probably because they understand the theory of turn the money over and over and make more rather than sit on something and wait to make a killing on one item.  Fayette has a lot of space to use up (I face the same in my business) but having the money to fill it is another thing.  I don't know where these individuals got the money to start or buy their business but its not easy to get a business loan.  I have since cut back but in my younger years, I could have whipped out tons of credit cards and started a gun store from those.

Anyway, the boys at Classic have a full store but they are diverse and trying to go along the hunting lines so much that it takes up alot of room. I think they have stuff hunters want but not sure if the hunter is going to buy there  (with so many chainstores around).  There is more money to be had on accessories (% per item) but you have to remember that wal-mart is just down the street for many things.   For instance, AMMO, no way the little stores can compete with Walmart selling 100 rounds of winchester 9mm for 11.50.  Sure the little guys can sell the odd stuff but there isn't alot of call for that at any time so they have to sit on it.  I believe that they are going to have to find stuff like AM sells (wilson, Ar, etc. accessories) that aren't everywhere.  Brownells has tons of stuff to buy and dealers get a discount so maybe they will start carrying more of that rather than just special ordering it.  I will buy something on impulse ten times sooner than I will order it.

Essayons
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:16:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Speaking of  Wilson add ons, Classic just got a bunch of  Wilson stuff this week.  I was in there asking them about having their gunsmith about putting on a AI bolt gun detachable mag conversion on.

No changing my mind, they have it going on.  And if they don't have it they can get it cheaper than A&M would dream of selling it to you.
Link Posted: 3/20/2005 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Speaking of  Wilson add ons, Classic just got a bunch of  Wilson stuff this week.  I was in there asking them about having their gunsmith about putting on a AI bolt gun detachable mag conversion on.

No changing my mind, they have it going on.  And if they don't have it they can get it cheaper than A&M would dream of selling it to you.

I was just in Classic for the first time this weekend, I was very impressed.   They are carrying quality accessories and their prices seemed to be competitive even against the online stores I usually frequent.  They also have one of the largest stock of Surefire products that I have seen at any gun store around here.  Nice selection of firearms and add ons, a big +1 for Classic Arms.
Link Posted: 3/22/2005 12:23:12 PM EDT
[#20]
I stopped by Classic last Thursday,  great guys.  They mentioned that they were going to carry more AR stuff.  Told them to check out the forum.  I noticed they had a Daewoo for sale in 7.62 x 39 first time I had seen one in that caliber.
Link Posted: 3/23/2005 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, I was back in there the other day and they had an FN 5.7, not a bad price either I thought.  Shells alot smaller than I pictured and a 20 rd. mag is awesome.
been trying to rationalize how to pick that up without anyone knowing (in my house of course).

Essayons
Link Posted: 3/23/2005 10:32:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
WHITTAKERS ROCKS!

I was in there yesterday, (again), and will be back there Sunday. Great people! Great selection!

If Whittakers doesn't have it.....you probly don't need it!  

Sua Sponte

Big +1

Link Posted: 3/26/2005 6:26:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Man, I saw a post on Buds here and given the fact that Fayette Firearms bought the old Buds in Lexington, I thought it would be a hole in the wall in Paris. I had the occasion to stop there today on the way to soccer and I must say that I will be back.

Its probably the most complete gun store I have ever seen (sorry never been to whitakers).  It looked kinda low key on the outside but I knew that with a parking lot full of cars at 9:30 on a Saturday morning, something was up as most gun stores don't even open that early.

Sure enough, got in there..and was astounded at the variety, selection, and completeness of the gun offerings.  There were showcase after showcase of pistols..I mean must have been 20 or more all with probably 20-30 pistols in them.   I stopped and stared at 4 desert eagles..one of which was chrome (would love to have one of these for the awe power)

Racks upon racks of hunting guns (as I call them) and I was a little disappointed at first but as I walked farther back into the store..they had the military type weapons too.    Saw AR10, AR15's, m1a's, hipoint carbines, camp rifles, old mausers, ak's, etc. everything I was kinda interested in and even a .50 bolt action.  Noticed they had a sale on AR's with .50 beowulf uppers for like 899 and some other ar's for 799 which seemed to be a good deal. They even had an exclusive area with expensive shotguns and stuff.

Lookng at the prices, some of the newer stuff was a little higher than other places and some of the used guns were a little high. Didn't have the $$ to buy so don't know if they dicker or not.  Topped off they have a indoor range where you can shoot for 1/2 hour for $8 or for hour for $12.  I heard one guy say that if you bought something, they give you some range time free to try it out.

They also have some parts, magazines, accessories, reloading stuff, ammo of course,  cleaning supplies, more than anywhere I have been lately. Some of it seemed high like $40 for a 32rd glock mag while Fayette has them for 33 I believe.  But then, they are probably the only game in Paris and definitely worth a drive and look from Lexington if you got about an hour to drool over stuff.

Essayons
Link Posted: 3/27/2005 5:53:08 AM EDT
[#24]
I'll second the good remarks about Bud's.  Not only do they have a good selection, AND an indoor range, AND decent prices....they have a well thought out layout to the store.  The glass cases closest to the entrance are .22s and goes up in caliber as you walk toward the back.  Bud is an easy guy to work with, and really appreciates his customers--not the usual gunshop owner we all hear about.
Link Posted: 3/31/2005 7:03:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Checked out Bud's in Paris yesterday.  HUGE showroom, but didn't see many deals.  Also stopped by Fayette Firearms and they had a nice Used AR for $569.
Link Posted: 3/31/2005 10:28:48 AM EDT
[#26]
yeah moreammo
bud's has got alot to offer, not much that you are going to get for a steal though...but if you are looking for an impulse purchase they probably have it.

Fayette is becoming a regular stop for me about once a week when i am in Lex. The owner seems to pick up and turnover more used guns that most places I have seen. Too bad none of the gunshop owners or employees come to gun forum boards much or they could get an earful and probably drum up some business.

Essayons
Link Posted: 3/31/2005 4:03:14 PM EDT
[#27]
I also try to stop by Fayette once a week.  You never know what they will have from one week to the next.  I have asked them to stop by this forum and maybe offer us a special deal or % off if we go in and say we saw there ad on AR15.  Heck free advertising.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2005 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#28]
This is my first day on ar-15.com.  but to some of you I am a familiar face.  I work at fayette firearms .  while reading some of the post i was wondering what you think we need to stock in our store.  Any suggestions welcome, just keep in mind that with limited space not everything is possible.

We are currently in the processs of bringing in Ar-15 parts.  what are you looking for?  are we high on some things?  to low?(be more than willing to raise prices) just joking with you.   Let me know either here or stop in the shop.  we are really trying to get what people want.  

To all looking for  sale prices ask for our cash prices on firearms.  also remember that consignment guns are only up to the actual seller of the firearm.   we will always be able to special order anything, granted that it is currently avalible.  we are new in the buisness and are slowly but surely putting more in our inventory.

also to all,  i have been selling guns for 6 years, and in no way will i ever tell you i know everything,  if i am wrong about something correct me.  and if i don't know something, i will not tell you that i do.  and will be more than happy to research anyrthing for you.  our part time guys are all experienced with firearms, yet do not know it all.  so tell them if they are wrong.  I learn something new every day.

If you do have any problems, with anything at FF, let me know.

thanks to all that have come in, and to all that have not stopped in you should.  we  want to be able to serve you better, so please give any advice you may have.
Link Posted: 4/7/2005 4:05:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Welcome Fayette Firearms to the Arf.com (ar15.com ), I don't know if you are the owner or just employee. I have talked to all the employees there at some point or other.

Finally, we hopefully have a local gun store person who will listen to what people want.  I think you guys have a good store (keep the smoke outside though).  I hope you will stick around. I personally think you have some of the best USED gun prices around.  I don't know squat about hunting stuff but mainly look for military and para-military type weapons.  

You seem to get quite a few consignment guns. (A note on those, I personally won't consider one unless its a deal, because I know you all have no room to negotiate in it).   It does fill up counter space though I know.  

I was hoping someplace would move towards getting some competitively priced AR stuff in.  I mean competitive as in close to what a person can order online for.  I know I personally would be picking up little AR parts (even little parts like hammers, springs, etc) as much as possible if so.  I don't know about those special $250 stocks though...seems a little too specialized although Classic was getting into some of that.  

The .45 parts are always good I think.  Stuff like Wilson.  You guys definitely have deals on some other stuff too.   Everyone seems to be buying the stuff centerfire sells and stocking it in their store.  I think  a little of this is ok but why wouldn't we just go to centerfire and get it if we wanted it.
I like the selection at Antique/modern...thats my genre...but hate the attitude...so along those lines is what fits for me.  I like that you have a 1919 sitting there...I can't afford it (right now) but maybe eventually.

Essayons
Link Posted: 4/7/2005 4:28:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Welcome FF glad to see you here. I have been there a couple of times, but I live a little to far for regular visits, I will be sure to stop by next time I am in Lexington. Always great to work with ARF.com members. Welcome

Link Posted: 4/7/2005 5:35:02 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I will probably be making a trip to Sheps this weekend, how are they on their selection and prices?

I'm planning to make a trip down from Indy this Friday...sweet little Ruger compact I've been lusting after for a while.
Link Posted: 4/7/2005 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#32]
OK--is this Brandon, Tory, John or Courtney? (disregard--Hiya Tory!)   This is the Arfcom family, and you're welcome here.

(Ron Albert here...needing some surefire batteries....I'll be in tomorrow)
Link Posted: 4/7/2005 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Doesn't matter where your are , but ......

My favorite Fun Stores are the ones that call you first
when they get something interesting in , It's even better
if they don't have to look up your number , or have it on
speed dial
Link Posted: 4/9/2005 5:00:53 AM EDT
[#34]
hello again, thank you for the warm welcome.   I appreciate the feedback.  we have talked about 1911 parts being added to our inventory.   not yet though, but very soon so give me some input on what you would be looking for.

currently though we are getting in ar parts in.  sometime next week we should be getting in a shipment of beta-c mags in.  we have disscussed getting in rock river lowers (but looking at 4 months to get them in).  currently, we havebeen getting in doublestar stripped and complete lowers.

we have added tac latches, lula mag loaders, tango down battle grips,  houge grips, ect.  what else are people looking for.  triggers, stocks, firing pins, let us know and we will do our best to get them in.  

stp in, talk to either brandon (owner) or tauri (manager) actually anyone else who works here and we will do our best.

thanks again, and see you soon

yes ron,  you are correct.
Link Posted: 4/9/2005 1:20:53 PM EDT
[#35]
(sorry for the misspelling)

Link Posted: 4/10/2005 4:41:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Fayfire (tauri)

I personally am looking for parts to build up .45's so I always need and can buy something.   Would be nice to have a store that had a parts tray for most of the parts for .45.  Don't have to have zillions and I am not sure how well it would sell but I know I would be buying stuff.  Plus the custom stuff like AM sells (wilson) springs, buffers, mags, slides etc.  I don't know what your budget is but you might look at it.

Similar with AR stuff. I am sure you could buy enough (not a ton of them) small parts to have a good selection, especially with JT so close and willing to drop off stuff to you.  Would also contact DPMS.  
Course you all are going to have to be competitive with the parts, not jack them up like some places.  Also, the different type grips (hogue) etc would be good.  Again, I don't think you have to stock 100 of each, but 1-2 helps when you can reorder quickly.  

I understand on the receivers but Doublestar, etc. aren't the only guys around. Plenty of people are making receivers and there are several on this website (see the equipment exchange forum) that can provide them to you all at all times.  I know, I order from some of them and they generally have some in stock.  

I think having some lowers, uppers, a few barreled uppers, etc..would help out.  Was alot of interest in those this weekend at KCR.  I know if you had parts and stuff, you would get 20-30 bucks everytime I came in there. I can afford to build stuff that way rather than dropping 700 or more on a rifle each time.  I am sure alot of other people are in the same boat.  

May not sound like much but just about every time I have been to your store I have spent a couple hundred bucks.   Can't do that all the time but I can spend some and as a business person I know I would rather have some than none.

Just some thoughts.

Essayons
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 10:57:51 AM EDT
[#37]
just talked to Tauri and Brandon at Fayette.  123 batts for $1.50 each a few new 1911 parts in (got a Wilson 47d for $27.00)

Best things I saw there today:  They just became official Beta dealers.   AR Beta mags (complete kit) for $240.  They have 10 in stock right now.

They also have a NIB Nighthawk Talon for $2099.  (no 8 week wait!)  I would have bought it myself, but I recently got a Les Baer and couldn't justify the purchase to my wife...unless I bought it for her

You guys asked for a store that will stock what you want?  You got one!  Just tell 'em what you need and they'll add it to the inventory!

Ron
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Welcome FF, thanks for stopping in.  You guys do a great job and are easy to deal with.  Maybe you will come up with an AR15.com special??????
Link Posted: 4/13/2005 2:53:12 PM EDT
[#39]
just talk to a ar parts dealer,  i will be getting in small part that are lost easily, also parts kits.  handguards are on the way (surfire m73 for sure) samson and troy may take a while but getting more daily.  

have checked out some frames and other parts for the 1911's.  they will be coming within next three month or so.  beta c-mags are in, 5 have already been sold.  i purchased one for myself so i will let you all know how they work.

guys thanks for the input i know i really appreciate it, and so does the boss.  keep the ideas coming.

tauri
Link Posted: 4/14/2005 9:28:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Cool Tauri,

Any idea when the parts stuff might be in?  Thats great news..at least to me.  Just be competitive and you will get all the business I can afford to give you.

Essayons
Link Posted: 4/15/2005 9:50:24 AM EDT
[#41]
HELLO AGAIN.  NOT SURE EXACTLY WHEN PARTS WILL BE HERE, ALTHOUGH I AM HOPING THEY WILL BE IN NEXT WEEK.

ON ANOTHER NOTE, TO ALL THAT ARE INTERSETED,  WE ARE GOING TO OFFER 10% OFF ANY NEW GUN PURCHASE (BUYING GUNS OUT RIGHT, CASH, CHECK,OR CHARGE).  JUST PRINT THIS OUT AND BRING IT IN.  

HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON.

TAURI

Link Posted: 4/15/2005 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#42]
BY THE WAY THAT  OFFER IS TILL THE END OF THE MONTH.  ENDS 4/30/05
Link Posted: 4/15/2005 10:35:13 AM EDT
[#43]
What is your price on a stainless Taurus 9mm, PT 92 I think (Beretta 92 Copy).  With the 15 round mags.
Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 4/16/2005 5:24:03 AM EDT
[#44]
mike,  will not have one untill tuesday.  Regular price is $399.99, sale price with 10% off is $359.99.  so If you want it, stop in and talk to me.

later,

tauri
Link Posted: 4/17/2005 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#45]
hello,
i stopped by fayette firearms saturday. great place with friendly people. i live in somerset and there are not many shops close by that have anything other than hunting guns. Tauri sold me an od xd9 for a real good price. i'll definitly be back next time i'm in lexington(may even make a special trip. just a little over an hours drive). thanks to him and everyone that recomended his store.

Matt
Link Posted: 4/18/2005 3:56:33 AM EDT
[#46]
I really need to give Shep's sports world a plug.  The place is on SR32 south of Flemmingsburg (on the way to Morehead).  They made me a fair trade for a Ruger compact rifle.  They have a great selection, and very good prices.  

The neat thing about the store is that Jason (the owner) is a gunsmith.  He, at no additional cost, lightened the trigger on my rifle from 6-7 pounds, down to a nice crisp, clean 2.5 pounds.  If I had brought some optics he'd have probably mounted and bore sighted them as well.

They're just down right good folk.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2005 4:12:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Elk County Ammo & Arms
St. Marys, PA

It was featured on 60 minutes a few weeks ago, for selling a 50cal to a terrorist gun runner. He passed the NICS check so its not their fault.
These guys are good guys, they know their stuff, best of all, I get a "frequent customer" discount
Link Posted: 4/18/2005 4:30:51 AM EDT
[#48]
sloth, can you trade across state lines??
Just wondering, I don't know the specific laws so I am inquiring about it.

Essayons
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 4:58:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Taury at Fayette,
did you all ever get your AR parts in??

Essayons
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 5:22:14 AM EDT
[#50]
I bought a safe last week from Fayette Firearms, they gave me a great deal on a Cannon during the sale.  Bud's Delivered it with the mechanical lift.  Only took 3 guys to get it down my basement (890 lb safe).  Very Happy thanks to both shops for the help.  
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top