BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 7:31:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you buy a long gun while in another state you only need to follow the laws of the state you are in. You are responsible to make sure it is legal to bring into CT.

Handguns have to be transferred in state. You can't buy it out of state and bring it home.

I would think lowers are ok to buy out of state.
View Quote
That is incorrect! You must follow the laws of both your home state and the stat you are visiting.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 8:16:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Waterbury has a lot in stock
View Quote
Great! Never been there but I’ll make the trip and check them out.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#3]
LMT MWS Uppers will fit SR25 lowers, as well as Genesis uppers
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
LMT MWS Uppers will fit SR25 lowers, as well as Genesis uppers
View Quote
Thank you
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thank you
View Quote
No problem. The Genesis ones may be discontinued though, i can't remember. This is all from a 21yo who hasn't had the pleasure of being immersed in the Knights and LMT shit yet. Still building my Diemaco collection, so take it with a grain of salt
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No problem. The Genesis ones may be discontinued though, i can't remember. This is all from a 21yo who hasn't had the pleasure of being immersed in the Knights and LMT shit yet. Still building my Diemaco collection, so take it with a grain of salt
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you
Knights is tier1. Creme Dela creme.

If it doesn't say genesco Illinois on the side it's not an ar10
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 10:53:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Knights is tier1. Creme Dela creme.

If it doesn't say genesco Illinois on the side it's not an ar10
View Quote
I agree, i was just answering what uppers will work with a KAC lower.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#8]
What’s everybody building? I’m doing a 12.5 5.56, 12.5 308, 12.5” 22 and maybe a 14.1” 6.5 Creedmoor for laughs, but besides that, I have no idea what to do. I have a good deal of 5.56 in various lengths, 16” 308, 9” & 12.5” 300, 12.5” 6.5 grendel, 9mm, 45 and 16” 22lr. I know first world problems, but this is as good as it gets for us right now.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 11:20:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Either a 12.5 556 or 9mm. I think cmmg makes a magazine adapter to use the stnag ar mag with 9mm boolitz
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Total noob to the AR 308 side, will a Larue AR15 trigger group work in the 308 lower ? Have one lying around and debating if I should buy the parts kit with out the trigger ?
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What uppers will fit sr25 lower?
View Quote
I'm pretty sure V Seven will fit, can't hurt to email them and ask.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 11:38:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Total noob to the AR 308 side, will a Larue AR15 trigger group work in the 308 lower ? Have one lying around and debating if I should buy the parts kit with out the trigger ?
View Quote
I believe it will.

There are only a few different pieces in the kits.

I wood check the AR-10 section they have a faq
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
It fits in an sr25 and Noveske n6, but I do not have my aero m5 to try one in there yet.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:01:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Just ordered an Aero M5 set into Jojos.

Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks Leeeone
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:41:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What’s everybody building? I’m doing a 12.5 5.56, 12.5 308, 12.5” 22 and maybe a 14.1” 6.5 Creedmoor for laughs, but besides that, I have no idea what to do. I have a good deal of 5.56 in various lengths, 16” 308, 9” & 12.5” 300, 12.5” 6.5 grendel, 9mm, 45 and 16” 22lr. I know first world problems, but this is as good as it gets for us right now.
View Quote
Can you build a 22LR other?  I thought 22lr builds were subject to the specific CT rimfire rules...
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:43:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just ordered an Aero M5 set into Jojos.

View Quote
If you don’t want to post on here, can you pm me the price? Have an m5 on order through the gun shop, but I’m going all in these next few weeks while the getting is good.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Can you build a 22LR other?  I thought 22lr builds were subject to the specific CT rimfire rules...
View Quote
That is a good question. I do not know the answer to that. Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me can answer.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If you don’t want to post on here, can you pm me the price? Have an m5 on order through the gun shop, but I’m going all in these next few weeks while the getting is good.
View Quote
Black matched upper and lower set was $230 and an FDE was $280 from Buds. Just had to kind of get what I could find in stock. Aero has a decent builder set in stock for like $450iirc, comes with a 12” rail.

John said they’ll have Aero lowers on hand for $150ish (+transfer) in a week or so and to give him a call. I just wanted to order them in for myself specifically so I don’t have to try and time anything or ask them to hold their own stock for me. No idea when I can get down there with the three week old kid.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 1:19:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Faq for 308
View Quote
Thanqu
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 2:06:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Aero has 10% off for 223 day.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Aero has 10% off for 223 day.
View Quote
That's cool, thanks.......
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Trigger will work. Be warned  the other lower parts may or may not work. Aero as an example, uses different length takedown and pivot pins.

If you’re building a 308, best advise is to use a LPK from that manufacturer.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 3:02:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Sounds like the right time to have a hotdog cart setup outside in the parking lot !! Sales will fund the .308 other build
View Quote
Danng it!!
I coulda made grilled cheeses and coffee on my Coleman stoves!!

1 Buck donation to the  Fund my lower foundation.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 3:11:51 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have an Aero barrel in the sr25 upper- always wanted another upper just to have. So Aero should work? I have heard that Lurue will work but I dont know for sure
Have to look the receiver
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/170265/dpms-308-upper-vs-ar10-sr25-upper-receiv-1287687.JPG
LaRue will fit an SR25 but you have to order the right one.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 3:47:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Greysons had the Aero 308 for $129.99 black and fde I think was same price or 10 bucks more. The gun shop had them at $159.99 and fde $169.99. Was thinking of a Spikes 9mm lower for Glock mags, Greysons price is $199.99 and Gun Shop is $179.99. Anyone have other prices on the spikes 9 mm lower ?
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#28]
I would buy a lower that used glock mags
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 5:37:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Spikes have been in a few stores

I knead a lower that takes either Grease gun mags or ump mags
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 5:47:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have a couple of Glock 9mm fun stix and a Glock 9mm 50rd drum collecting dust that need some abusing Thought the 9mm lowers would be cheaper than the 308 lowers though
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#31]
John at Jojos said they would be getting 9mm lowers in soon as well. Call them for updates if you’re just looking to walk in and pick them up.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I need a lower that takes either Grease gun mags or ump mags
View Quote
I have of these polymer lowers.  Their mag well is designed to use un modified grease gun magss.  I use it with a Hahn adapter block from Brownells.

http://www.gwacsarmory.com/
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Before the CCDL dinner I stopped by TGS and picked up a BCM complete lower which came with an SBA3 brace.  

The store was a zoo.

They told me to pay for the purchase first, then directed me to another room with several tables to fill out the paperwork.

I was warned it might be a 3 hour wait on authorization but managed to sneak in under 30 min.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 8:28:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What's everybody building? I'm doing a 12.5 5.56, 12.5 308, 12.5" 22 and maybe a 14.1" 6.5 Creedmoor for laughs, but besides that, I have no idea what to do. I have a good deal of 5.56 in various lengths, 16" 308, 9" & 12.5" 300, 12.5" 6.5 grendel, 9mm, 45 and 16" 22lr. I know first world problems, but this is as good as it gets for us right now.
View Quote
Are you guys doing full builds as in installing barrel in upper, etc. (As opposed to buying a complete upper)? Can anyone point me toward complete (reasonably priced) 9mm & .300 uppers or barrels? I can"t seem to find sny.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Are you guys doing full builds as in installing barrel in upper, etc. (As opposed to buying a complete upper)? Can anyone point me toward complete (reasonably priced) 9mm & .300 uppers or barrels? I can"t seem to find sny.

Thanks.
View Quote
I’m planning on building because I’m in no rush and shopping deals. If a good deal comes along on a complete upper that fits the build, I’m not against that either.
What do you consider reasonably priced? That’ll help give input depending what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 11:48:07 PM EDT
[#36]
I’ll be doing full builds the same way Dutch is describing. Just waiting for inspiration or good deals and piecing then together.

I looked around at a couple full uppers at Aero and some other places but it looks like there’s a run on them. Tons of stuff is out of stock.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 12:34:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'm planning on building because I'm in no rush and shopping deals. If a good deal comes along on a complete upper that fits the build, I'm not against that either.
What do you consider reasonably priced? That'll help give input depending what you are looking for.
View Quote
I would like to be close to or under $350 for an upper ( whether I build it or buy it complete). I'm just not having any luck finding anything in 12.5 inches.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 7:09:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I would like to be close to or under $350 for an upper ( whether I build it or buy it complete). I'm just not having any luck finding anything in 12.5 inches.
View Quote
CT residents have bought over 5k of lowers in a week or so.  That is going to cause a massive run on any/all parts needed to build a CT legal Other.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 12:30:46 PM EDT
[#39]
The cheapest I found including shipping for Aero M5 LPK minus trigger group and grip is Joe Bob Outfitters, $36.99 + $3.50 s&h. Ordered mine Anyone see Aero M5 uppers locally and if so you get the price ?
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 4:11:34 PM EDT
[#40]
I bought a stag AR10 blem upper/lower set from stag's website.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 4:14:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Picking up my Hoffman’s order now. Did the paperwork and the old guy started trying to call the state. When I got a look at the lowers all but one were fine. One had about half of the roll mark to include the serial paper thin.

Asked him to stop and swap it out and he tried talking me out of it because he’s make me redo all the paperwork.

Stayed polite and said I did not want that lower. He started mumbling and chucked it back into the giant cardboard book they have them all rolling around in.

I’m happy to have them. Glad I rejected that shitty one. And glad he got his panties in a twist.

If your picking up standards give it a look. Clearly they are rushing them out.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:03:58 PM EDT
[#42]
NGX has Aero, Anderson and Spikes stripped lowers. Aeros M4E1 available in black and FDE.

They've got the Spikes Spider 9mm glock lower. And some Spikes meme lowers... Snowflake, Waterboarding, Gadsden.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:33:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I’ll be doing full builds the same way Dutch is describing. Just waiting for inspiration or good deals and piecing then together.

I looked around at a couple full uppers at Aero and some other places but it looks like there’s a run on them. Tons of stuff is out of stock.
View Quote
Maybe we need a new thread to post sales and deals for parts to build these others...
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:57:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Maybe we need a new thread to post sales and deals for parts to build these others...
View Quote
Reddit.com/r/gundeals
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Picking up my Hoffman’s order now. Did the paperwork and the old guy started trying to call the state. When I got a look at the lowers all but one were fine. One had about half of the roll mark to include the serial paper thin.

Asked him to stop and swap it out and he tried talking me out of it because he’s make me redo all the paperwork.

Stayed polite and said I did not want that lower. He started mumbling and chucked it back into the giant cardboard book they have them all rolling around in.

I’m happy to have them. Glad I rejected that shitty one. And glad he got his panties in a twist.

If your picking up standards give it a look. Clearly they are rushing them out.
View Quote
I’d imagine they have a decent warranty should someone notice this afterwards.  Hopefully they stand behind their product. I plan on grabbing a few.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 7:15:48 PM EDT
[#46]
I’m late to this party and still trying to figure out what’s going on.
Is it that any receiver can now  be built into an other?
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Thanks
View Quote
Pretty much.

My dps 3 says "other" and "out" on the top. Not in a field on the form. It might say stripped too I can't remember
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:30:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Thanks
View Quote
I don’t know specifically but I’m guessing banned by name models would be an issue.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:31:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
You’re in the same town as me so if you need any tools or even want to borrow some uppers until you get the parts you need feel free. I have less and less time to go shooting lately and would be more than happy to lend stuff out.
@thecreep I will keep an eye out on deals for you. I know spinta runs deals quite often. Might be able to piece together a cheap 9mm through them.
Don’t mind the dirty work bench, but this is a sight for sore eyes in this state. Hoping to add more before the old lady catches on.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:31:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Post em right in here.

Aero has blem M5 lowers for $100 and standard AR15 blem lowers for $50.

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/sale

There’s no guarantee with blems but I have 3 blem aero receivers from forever ago and I couldnt tell you what the blems were on them.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top