Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 9:30:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nothing wrong with that. I’m going to finish 4 or 5 then save the rest. Finished one up last night and got another lower built. https://i.imgur.com/mftUbtD.jpg
View Quote
Looking good......

Link Posted: 3/5/2020 9:32:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I need to acquire some building tools and then I’ll put my 16” Aero Rifle.....yes.....rifle together.  
(Perks of the career choice I gues)

My 11.5 or so pistol will be later in the summer.

Then a 9mm in a 14.5” (maybe) after that.
View Quote
So you can build a rifle any time you want but don’t have the tools yet? Mostly kidding. It’d be nice if the special class applied to Veterans. The SBA3 is expensive compared to a CTR. But I am saving some money on SBRing more of my rifles I guess.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 10:26:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So you can build a rifle any time you want but don’t have the tools yet? Mostly kidding. It’d be nice if the special class applied to Veterans. The SBA3 is expensive compared to a CTR. But I am saving some money on SBRing more of my rifles I guess.
View Quote
They got misplaced when I moved.

My pistol will get the SBA3.   I don’t feel like waiting on the tax stamp for the SBR at this point.

The stripped lowers opened the door for people in my field.  Chapter 943 Sec. 53-202a states I need a letter from my Commissioner (not gonna happen).
53-202b states I can possess.  
I don’t need the permission slip now with the other transfered lowers.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 3:14:23 PM EDT
[#4]
@CTjer we’re you at Greyson’s midweek last week talking to a couple guys at the counter and one of those guys was an older guy with a salt and pepper beard?
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 4:23:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
@CTjer we’re you at Greyson’s midweek last week talking to a couple guys at the counter and one of those guys was an older guy with a salt and pepper beard?
View Quote
Yes sir.   That was me.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 5:58:55 PM EDT
[#6]
That was my father in-law with the beard,we had him out buying his first AR that day.It was a good day!
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That was my father in-law with the beard,we had him out buying his first AR that day.It was a good day!
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 8:05:26 AM EDT
[#8]
How much are you spending building out a stripped 556 pistol lower?

I know the sky is the limit. But individually what are you doing?
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I have done 2 complete Aeros for 850 5.56 and just under 1k for a 308. Both shoot great. Threw some leftover red dots on them.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 11:11:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Aero is blowing out their Keymod handguards if anyone is looking for a cheap dickmod. 12” M5 for $80.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 12:29:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Aero is blowing out their Keymod handguards if anyone is looking for a cheap dickmod. 12” M5 for $80.
View Quote
A rail is a rail even if it’s dickmod. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 12:54:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Cheaper 12.5” 5.56 upper. BA 12.5” barrel upper Throw a toolcraft bcg, Mil-Spec charging handle, mbus and a cheap foregrip for an upper with a good barrel.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Stripped Aero Lower

$99

Aero LPK (-FCG/Trigger)   $25

Aero buffer kit

$40

Magpul CTR Stock

$50

CMC Single Stage

$99

Magpul MOE grip

$15

Aero Upper

$99

Aero 15" handguard

$99

Ballistic Advantage 16"
.223 Wylde SPR barrel

$150

Stag Comp

$20

Seekins adj. block

$65

Midlength Gas tube

$12

Aim light weight BCG

$99

Radiant Charging handle    $65

($937)

I think that's it.

I'm going to put a Holosun 510c on top, so add another ~$300.

I'll get a pic up when I put it together in a week or 2.   I've got to set up my Dillon first.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was kind of just talking about the lower. To limit the number of variables. How much are you individually putting into a striped lower to make it a complete lower.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I was kind of just talking about the lower. To limit the number of variables. How much are you individually putting into a striped lower to make it a complete lower.
View Quote
440ish here. Sba3, lpk, buffer, spring, grip castle nut and butt plate.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#16]
i used right to bear custom LPK with battle arms safety and TD pins, SI enhanced bolt catch, SBA3 with their extension kit (includes castle nut, plate, carbine buffer and spring), milspec mag catch, milspec buffer retainer pin. $204 (shipping included)
moe k2+ $24 free shipping promo
arms unlimited ambi release $29 (shipping included)
larue MBT 1S, $88 (shipping included)
KNS pins (i like the look) $31 local
$376 into the lower, with good parts.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have done 2 complete Aeros for 850 5.56 and just under 1k for a 308. Both shoot great. Threw some leftover red dots on them.
View Quote
Would like to hear some specs on the .308 for 1k, I’m still debating on 12.5” or 16” barrel.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Would like to hear some specs on the .308 for 1k, I’m still debating on 12.5” or 16” barrel.
View Quote
Its an aero upper. 12.5. Nothing fancy, budget gun.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 8:54:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Its an aero upper. 12.5. Nothing fancy, budget gun.
View Quote
Couple questions,

How's the recoil on that??
What is the muzzle flash like??
What would be the range usage??
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#21]
What’s the consensus on the angled foregrips? GTG since federally you don’t need a foregrip?
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 2:17:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Couple questions,

How's the recoil on that??
What is the muzzle flash like??
What would be the range usage??
View Quote
Fine
It can be flashy but I run it with a DA Nomad
Fun
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 4:08:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Just left the TGS store and they had about 15 Aero Precision 12.5” 308 barreled uppers without ch/bcg for $550
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 4:16:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What's the consensus on the angled foregrips? GTG since federally you don't need a foregrip?
View Quote
Depends who you ask. Some people lose their shit if they don't see a VFG. But according to the letter of the law...CT only defines a pistol by barrel length and a rifle by the presence of a stock. As long as the configuration is legal federally, and it is neither a rifle not pistol under CT law..gtg.

I am not a lawyer and only play one on TV
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Depends who you ask. Some people lose their shit if they don't see a VFG. But according to the letter of the law...CT only defines a pistol by barrel length and a rifle by the presence of a stock. As long as the configuration is legal federally, and it is neither a rifle not pistol under CT law..gtg.

View Quote
I have a pistol/rifle- it’s only one gun
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 4:38:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have a pistol/rifle- it's only one gun
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a pistol/rifle- it's only one gun
Lucky. I have zero guns.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Got the 12.5 5.56 mostly together. It functions, but still needs an fde sba3, sling and radian sd charging handle. The other is my 12.5 6.5 grendel that the gun store put together right before we were allowed to buy lowers again
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Got the 12.5 5.56 mostly together. It functions, but still needs an fde sba3, sling and radian sd charging handle. The other is my 12.5 6.5 grendel that the gun store put together right before we were allowed to buy lowers again
https://i.imgur.com/nL3EO7G.jpg
View Quote
How do you like that NX8?
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 2:22:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

How do you like that NX8?
View Quote
From my very limited use so far, I like it a lot. Glass is clear and lots of people complain about the eye box, but it works for me. I’ve only ever shot paper and I’m no ninja either.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Thx.  I just picked one up after doing a lot of research.  The only two complaints I've heard were eye box and reticle size.

Most people crying about the reticle were bent because they couldn't get precision shots at 8x but the NX8 is not really designed for that.

It's not a "sniper" optic.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/nL3EO7G.jpg
View Quote
What cans are you running?
Would you recommend?

I’d like to eventually put one on my AR Pistol
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Would you recommend?

View Quote
Sig srd556qd and dead air nomad. They both are good. If someone already has cans, I’d suggest a yhm turbo or turbo k, but 5.56 is not as fun to suppress as subsonic or 22lr. Great prices on them and all the reviews I’ve seen are positive.

Edit to fix wording and add that if you don’t have cans, 30 cal is the way to dive in as was stated after my post.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Would you recommend?

View Quote
Nomad is the most versatile/suppresses best for the money for rifle calibers.

It really depends on what your overall goal is.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Anderson lower from TGS was $65 and $150 for a SBA3 Magpul parts kit from PSA. I'm visiting family in SC and went down to one of their stores and picked it up. So I got $215 into my poverty build.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Anderson lower from TGS was $65 and $150 for a SBA3 Magpul parts kit from PSA. I'm visiting family in SC and went down to one of their stores and picked it up. So I got $215 into my poverty build.
View Quote
Are they still doing 4 for $220 otd?
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 11:35:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Nothing says I can put my suppressor on my other right?  The gun meets all the requirements,  I just want to thread my can on it
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 1:20:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Nothing says I can put my suppressor on my other right?  The gun meets all the requirements,  I just want to thread my can on it
View Quote
Yes you can put a suppressor on others.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 8:25:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Nice stick smally. How do you like the sba4?
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 9:52:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Nice stick smally. How do you like the sba4?
View Quote
I like it no complaints,  need to get to the range and function check everything.  Hope it rains next week so I get a day off
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 12:43:25 AM EDT
[#41]
I’ve got the SBA3 and 4. Not noticing much difference in rigidity. The 4 has a larger footprint and may be a bit more comfortable because of it.

The ODG of the SBA4 and the Magpul MOE + in ODG match very nicely.

Also I really like the Aero M4E1 lower. The threaded pins and integral trigger guard make assembly effortless. My least favorite parts of assembly (trigger guard and bolt catch roll pins and the rear takedown pivot pin detent spring getting crunched by the end plate) completely simplified with those 3 modifications.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 11:44:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Wow. I’m just finding this out for the first time...about being able to buy lowers again.  Awesome.

I thought I remember someone saying that others could not be assembled by individuals....was that BS?

If so I need some lowers!!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 6:05:10 AM EDT
[#43]
What rock have you been living under?
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 6:19:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What rock have you been living under?
View Quote
Ha, I simply never thought this would happen and the HTF was so dead I stopped checking in.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 6:36:21 AM EDT
[#45]
You can get stripped or complete AR15, AR10, 9mm lowers now. It’s up to you to build it into a compliant gun (other, fixed mag, rim fire)

Most of the lowers out there are Aero, Anderson, Spikes, BCM but there are more options
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 6:02:54 PM EDT
[#46]
well its started, brownells had a m4e1 assembled upper for $96 instock today to match my lower, and i grabbed it...
once this comes in, and is on the shelf, it wont stop.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 6:30:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Can't stop the signal, Mal.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Can't stop the signal, Mal.
View Quote
Guy killed me with a sword. How weird is that
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 6:34:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Are shops doing transfers or just selling the handful of brands I keep seeing available (Anderson, Spikes 9mm, etc)?

Trying to understand if there is a distinction.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 6:57:51 AM EDT
[#50]
A couple Facebook posts said they was going till 5pm Saturday.

Not sure if true. But I would imagine they won't be doing authorization on Monday.

Greysons is closing Monday I believe
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top