Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2017 10:43:44 AM EDT
Needs 100,000 signatures by Nov 10.  Currently 22,695.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/prevent-hr-3999-being-signed-law
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Needs 100,000 signatures by Nov 10.  Currently 22,695.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/prevent-hr-3999-being-signed-law
View Quote

Repeal NFA?

That has absolutely no chance of happening
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 11:40:38 AM EDT
[#2]
^ There are actually 2 or 3 of these on the White House Petition page so went ahead and signed them all.  

Anyone have a view on how likely 3999 is to make it out of committee and get passed?
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 12:12:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
^ There are actually 2 or 3 of these on the White House Petition page so went ahead and signed them all.  

Anyone have a view on how likely 3999 is to make it out of committee and get passed?
View Quote
Um... no chance!
Zero chance!
Better chance of you winning lotto!
Same chance as Ct ending its assault weapons ban without a courts intervention!
Same chance as Hillary quietly going away....
Yup, Not a chance
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 9:39:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Um... no chance!
Zero chance!
Yup, Not a chance
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:42:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Um... no chance!
Zero chance!
Yup, Not a chance
View Quote
That's good your absolutely confident.  Then you would be happy to make a betting line at 500 to 1?  Ill put up $20 to your $10k with an expiration at year end 2018... easy money for you to rake in.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That's good your absolutely confident.  Then you would be happy to make a betting line at 500 to 1?  Ill put up $20 to your $10k with an expiration at year end 2018... easy money for you to rake in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Um... no chance!
Zero chance!
Yup, Not a chance
Or you could wish in your right hand whilst I shit in your left hand and see which one fills up faster
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 1:30:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Or you could wish in your right hand whilst I shit in your left hand and see which one fills up faster
View Quote
Not the gay stuff again...
Seriously, how do you quickly discount co-sponsored anti-gun legislation like this.  Saw a newer one proposed to ban internet sales of ammo.  Is it easy to quickly determine they don't have the support / votes despite Republican defectors?  Military Arms Channel, MrGunsnGear, etc apparently thought it was serious enough to call people to action.  If someone could explain to me how to quickly handicap so I don't waste time or attention that would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 1:45:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Seriously, how do you quickly discount co-sponsored anti-gun legislation like this.  Saw a newer one proposed to ban internet sales of ammo.  Is it easy to quickly determine they don't have the support / votes despite Republican defectors?  Military Arms Channel, MrGunsnGear, etc apparently thought it was serious enough to call people to action.  If someone could explain to me how to quickly handicap so I don't waste time or attention that would be greatly appreciated.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

White House petitions are public theater. Petitions to build a Death Star have been completed multiple times over. 
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Well it seems kind of simple on the Nfa- it will not end and eventually when the do gooders of the gun world let errbody know- NFA will abruptly end. Mg's will eventually be banned- it's just a matter of time. One thought that comes to mind is that if a machine gun or any NFa  were used in a crime ... it would have the possibility of ending someone's political career. We just had a mass shooting and for some reason.... I am grateful mg's were not involved because if it was- mg's would be gone! The reason people can still own them is for the most part due to the fact that the majority of people think that we can't own them.
But by all means- keep think that this is going to change
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#10]
^ My question was "Anyone have a view on how likely 3999 is to make it out of committee and get passed?"  My question was NOT about about petitions.  Nutter says no chance 3999 makes progress... hence, a waste of time to bother challenging it.  

My follow up question is how one quickly evaluates the the chances of nonsense anti-gun legislation passing when co-sponsored by Republicans?

ETA: The call to end NFA was an admittedly pie in the sky secondary issue vs trying to stop 3999 in its tracks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
^ My question was "Anyone have a view on how likely 3999 is to make it out of committee and get passed?"  My question was NOT about about petitions.  Nutter says no chance 3999 makes progress... hence, a waste of time to bother challenging it.  

My follow up question is how one quickly evaluates the the chances of nonsense anti-gun legislation passing when co-sponsored by Republicans?

ETA: The call to end NFA was an admittedly pie in the sky secondary issue vs trying to stop 3999 in its tracks.
View Quote
They couldn't pass shit after Sandy Hook. The lack of motive in LV simultaneously weakens and strengthens their narrative. They could try to pin him as a white racist Republican but there is so little info they don't even dare. It's gone radio silence now that the manufactured outrage is over and they achieved their desired result of killing the SHARE act. Republican and NRA support is terrible and dangerous, but while they got their feel good sound bites in, actually voting yes would be political suicide. They don't want to get drained out of their swamp, and voting yes would certainly triple public support to oust them. Dems will vote Yes, but the Rs only will in the face of public pressure. With the absence of it in the news, they will likely let it disappear.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 11:33:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are you aware idiots keep making these petitions while others are active for the same topic and they completely undermine the cause. Instead of having one petition with everyone signing it. Its all fragmented.

Not to mention that is NEVER going to happen. Efforts would be better spent trying to reform the NFA system
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top