Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2017 3:43:29 PM EDT
I just saw a video by GY6 vids on YouTube about the patriot pin, if I were to get one, and assemble an AR with it, would it be legal?
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 3:57:44 PM EDT
[#1]
only thing that would effect this from being legal is the copy or duplicate language of the law.

CA has more balls than we do here on trying new things and interpreting their gun laws. they go the extra mile while we sit back and be scared to contact big wigs, and get court rulings on legality.

if a CT company tried to get new ideas/technology approved, they would get a true and legal answer what they can and cannot do to a regular AR to make it legal under our ban.  

until then, we wait until the waters are tested by lawyers, and manufacturers to get a real answer.

there is a fixed mag ar trying to get approved. but you need to pivot the upper and load it, and doing so, id pay a few hundred more to have a preban...

that product you posted seems cool, and makes me believe a standard CA approved bullet button would be a cheaper alternative for somebody building. but both should be legal because now the magazine is fixed, but again, this needs to get approval from the state with legal documents.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just saw a video by GY6 vids on YouTube about the patriot pin, if I were to get one, and assemble an AR with it, would it be legal?
View Quote

Depends if you used a fixed magazine or not...

(4) “Detachable magazine” means an ammunition feeding device that can be removed without disassembling the firearm action;

Then there is the issue of the copy/duplicates BS that one may have to contend with.

With the Mean Arms Loader and Bear Flag Defense Loader one can possibly get around the need for actually opening up the action of the weapon to load a fixed mag AR.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 11:15:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Depends if you used a fixed magazine or not...

(4) “Detachable magazine” means an ammunition feeding device that can be removed without disassembling the firearm action;

Then there is the issue of the copy/duplicates BS that one may have to contend with.

With the Mean Arms Loader and Bear Flag Defense Loader one can possibly get around the need for actually opening up the action of the weapon to load a fixed mag AR.
View Quote
You bring up a good point SB,  "disassembling the action", does pivoting the upper up fall under that qualification? Or do you need to actually unpin the upper completely? This is where someone with money and who has a good business ethic, could make money in the end by selling CT legal products so we can all continue to build AR's. The freedom shop has balls to do this, especially with their builds they are doing still which are legal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top