Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2017 7:46:26 AM EDT
I never had much interest in one. But now that they will more than likely get banned, I can't seem to find one for under $150.  Any ideas.   It wont be a big deal If I can't find one cheap enough . But I would like to try. This would be for my AS 15
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:01:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Take it from someone who has tried one not long ago.  They're simply not worth it.  Sure, they will provide you with a psudo full-auto feel but there is no accuracy, I don't care who tells you differently.  There are plenty of other aftermarket "Rube Goldburg" appliances or accessories you can lash onto your normal AR or AK that will provide a similar effect but most rely on the recoil in some way.  Since it's not the amount of lead being thrown down the range, the reason that the ATF must have used as a criteria to allow these things to pass muster had to be the lack of aim.   I LOVE the fact that that was done during Obama's terms.  

Let me be clear: I hate ANY new restrictions laid upon us for any reason.  We've suffered enough for decades and having this device banned is not something I want to see happen.  Tens of thousands of them are out there with nary a problem that anyone has reported.  One guy uses them (supposedly since no one has seen any official photos/reports) and they're banned nationally.  In the scheme of things, it won't be missed since there are other bits that do the job that'll escape this ban unless it's properly written.  In listening to the recording of the fire, however, you can clearly hear how it is uneven speeding up in some spots and slowing in others.   As you move your position you lose the optimal "bump" and that retards the rate of fire until you regain it.

I've shot the M16 in all modes and the bump fire, while close in some respects to full auto, isn't precise enough to be worth pursuing, imho.  Other guys may feel differently and that's their perogative since it's a free country.  I also know that our range, and most ranges, won't allow repetitive sustained fire so they wouldn't pass muster at my club's range in any event.   Simply put, you're not missing much except turning over a slug of your ammo supply!

Rome
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:16:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Rome,  I wasn't looking for accuracy, more of a go in the back yard and have some fun.   Sort of like before the 100 rd beta ban here in CT, I bought one and have yet to use it.  I just get ticked off when someone tries to tell me what to do with my money, meaning big bro.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:50:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Build one. All you need are some 2x4s. There is also a 3D printer file out.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:54:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks Rome,  I wasn't looking for accuracy, more of a go in the back yard and have some fun.   Sort of like before the 100 rd beta ban here in CT, I bought one and have yet to use it.  I just get ticked off when someone tries to tell me what to do with my money, meaning big bro.
View Quote
When was there a beta ban? You mean the sandy hook mag ban?
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 9:02:22 AM EDT
[#5]
There are plenty of beta males in CT that's why we got that law....
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 9:05:59 AM EDT
[#6]
You most likely missed the boat on grabbing one for normal price.But keep checking the EE here and look at GB even tho I guess they have been taking auctions down.Also slidefire isn't the only company that makes them look up Fostech Outdoors and bumpski they are the same but some auctions come up different with the wording.Good luck.There fun for the money
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 9:36:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Good luck finding one at full MSRP. Gunbroker announced they will not allow auctions of bump fire stocks and are cancelling all listings. Before they started nuking the listings there were some for over $2000!!

If you want to put a ton of lead downrange and get some sort of accuracy try a binary trigger from Fostech of Franklin Armory. Make sure to get the Gen II Fostech or the Gen III Franklin so you do not need special BCGs.

I have never shot a bumpfire or a binary trigger but I have shot full auto. It does bring a smile to your face. Usually is short lived once you realize how quick you can spend money.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Good luck finding one at full MSRP. Gunbroker announced they will not allow auctions of bump fire stocks and are cancelling all listings. Before they started nuking the listings there were some for over $2000!!

If you want to put a ton of lead downrange and get some sort of accuracy try a binary trigger from Fostech of Franklin Armory. Make sure to get the Gen II Fostech or the Gen III Franklin so you do not need special BCGs.

I have never shot a bumpfire or a binary trigger but I have shot full auto. It does bring a smile to your face. Usually is short lived once you realize how quick you can spend money.
View Quote
. Very different experience if you bring them home and your not just doing mag dumps at paper.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 1:48:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
For what it's worth there are basically zero reports of people having out-running issues with the Fostch Echo Gen 2, while the Franklin Armory Gen 3 still does. Additionally, if you do outrun the Fostech you simply pull the trigger again, much like a DA/SA gun. The Franklin Armory would be dead and require charging the rifle.

If you're looking for a bumpstock, they're all out of stock across the internet or being listed for stupid prices, unless you can find one for FTF local. Cheapest in the EE is looking like 5-600+.

You're better off building your own out of a Magpul Fixed MOE and a MIAD grip. Member @Jaqufrost had a how-to but all the photo bucket pictures are dead. He said he's going to try to fix the thread or post a new one. If he's not busy he may be open to just writing up a how-to.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
I might list my bump fire stock on EE and attempt to get another Fostech Echo.  Superior reliability and accuracy in my experience.
ETA - EE looking like $400 range at the moment for bump fire stocks
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I have used them in the past(never owned one). I have to agree with Rome's post.

If you want the feel of a auto and don't care where the rounds fly, bump stock is for you. To me its a novelty, others swear by them,YMMV.

But I don't want to "trade" one thing for another.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
. Very different experience if you bring them home and your not just doing mag dumps at paper.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok what is the difference? You doing mag dumps at the neighbors?

Trust me I would love to own full auto but I really can't afford, well don't want to afford, to feed it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:56:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Nvm
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 9:02:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I had one for a semi ak- tried it once or twice and did not care for it. ended up selling it for a loss. My opinion on it was that it was nothing like a full auto gun- it was choppy, jerky and just plain old ghey.
Feeding mg's isnt really that expensive so long as you bought cheap and stacked deep. these are the good times for ammo.......spend accordingly as this will not last forever
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 9:25:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Doesn't someone here have a 3D printer? Was it Edge?
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 9:25:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I had one for a semi ak- tried it once or twice and did not care for it. ended up selling it for a loss. My opinion on it was that it was nothing like a full auto gun- it was choppy, jerky and just plain old ghey.
Feeding mg's isnt really that expensive so long as you bought cheap and stacked deep. these are the good times for ammo.......spend accordingly as this will not last forever
View Quote
That UZI is just beyond classic sexy in it's own way.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 10:20:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not me. I am old school, mill and lathe. I was on the Mayflower with Group8.

Might be Steevo.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 10:25:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Might be Steevo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might be Steevo.
 Idk how he made it here with all the salt air.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
For what it's worth there are basically zero reports of people having out-running issues with the Fostch Echo Gen 2, while the Franklin Armory Gen 3 still does. Additionally, if you do outrun the Fostech you simply pull the trigger again, much like a DA/SA gun. The Franklin Armory would be dead and require charging the rifle.

If you're looking for a bumpstock, they're all out of stock across the internet or being listed for stupid prices, unless you can find one for FTF local. Cheapest in the EE is looking like 5-600+.

You're better off building your own out of a Magpul Fixed MOE and a MIAD grip. Member @Jaqufrost had a how-to but all the photo bucket pictures are dead. He said he's going to try to fix the thread or post a new one. If he's not busy he may be open to just writing up a how-to.
View Quote
My pictures for how I built my stock are back up and working now.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/655109_BumpSAW-Bump-IAR-Picture-Video-and-theoretical-discussion-thread-.html
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 10:56:17 AM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My pictures for how I built my stock are back up and working now.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/655109_BumpSAW-Bump-IAR-Picture-Video-and-theoretical-discussion-thread-.html
You're the man, thanks bud. I'm gonna try this with the Hera CQR.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#21]
yes, Probably was me.... I do have a 3D printer  ... its a cheapie but prints pretty well........

cant find any cad or stl files
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 1:07:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Maybe ask the guys in this thread for a file:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2039465_Bumpfire-Gadget-New-link-hurry-up-.html

I know they pulled the first file down, but I think it got re-hosted.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#23]
how does that part work?
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
how does that part work?
View Quote
Just looked at it

It slides over the grip and trigger.  You hold onto that rather than the grip and then you slide your hand rearwards tripping the trigger.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
how does that part work?
View Quote
I'll pay costs/time and a 6-pack of your favorite beer 
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 12:59:31 AM EDT
[#26]
For those who care Larue is now supporting a ban on all things which increase cyclic rate, glad all these turn coats are outing themselves.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:26:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
For those who care Larue is now supporting a ban on all things which increase cyclic rate, glad all these turn coats are outing themselves.
View Quote
Link?

ETA- Nevermind. Found it. Sad.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 12:22:56 PM EDT
[#29]
so I fired up the 3d printer, printed the wrong part ( i printed the adapter piece that goes where your pistol grip goes ) came out greta and then the printer died...........

LUCKILY...I had 3 days left on the warranty from new egg. Now i need to find a box big enough to ship it back to them with the supplied label. once they get it I think I get a credit for the full amount with new egg. Its a replacement warranty not a repair warranty. hoepfully its quick turn around and I can get another printer asap
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:04:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
------ for clarification on Mark's point of view ------
View Quote
Yeah got that email a little while ago. Reading through Mark's posts in the GD thread then seeing that "clarification" it will be seen by some, as it already has been in the GD thread, as a bit of this:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:40:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yeah got that email a little while ago. Reading through Mark's posts in the GD thread then seeing that "clarification" it will be seen by some, as it already has been in the GD thread, as a bit of this:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/57330/backpedal-206135.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
------ for clarification on Mark's point of view ------

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/57330/backpedal-206135.gif
A bit? I read ALL of his posts on the subject, not just the one that got put on blast on social media. Pure backpedaling. Being a firearm manufacturer doesn't automatically make one a 2A absolutionist. Change from within wasn't his original point. Backing the NRA and trusting them was. Bottom line they support additional regulation and greenlighted bi-partisan support.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Found a website called Tacticalteamsupport.com
They sell the Fostech bumpski
I have never dealt with them before but there letting me add one to cart and says nothing about being out of stock.I don't need one but if your still looking it's worth a shot.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
A bit?
View Quote
I was trying to be nice.

Yes it was pure back peddling. If he had come out with the gist of that email first and left it be he'd be fine in spite of the NRA's position on agreeing with more regulation. The problem is, as it so often is online, he kept posting (for what ever reason) even after his comments drew a bunch of negative responses. Not sure if he was just trying to troll post but he had to back peddle by sending out a customer wide email to state his (and the companies) position.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:34:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Around 2013 or 14 I read somewhere that LaRue doesn't ship to us here in CT.  **WAS** that true?  If so, is that still the case?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:48:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Around 2013 or 14 I read somewhere that LaRue doesn't ship to us here in CT.  **WAS** that true?  If so, is that still the case?
View Quote
I'm pretty sure he ships hear
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Before our ban, he championed us and prioritized CT shipments of rifles over the free states.
Eta, yes they ship here. Bought plenty from them. Just no lowers, mags +10, etc.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:15:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I was trying to be nice.

Yes it was pure back peddling. If he had come out with the gist of that email first and left it be he'd be fine in spite of the NRA's position on agreeing with more regulation. The problem is, as it so often is online, he kept posting (for what ever reason) even after his comments drew a bunch of negative responses. Not sure if he was just trying to troll post but he had to back peddle by sending out a customer wide email to state his (and the companies) position.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A bit?
I was trying to be nice.

I never had a problem with his online persona. I know he's a good guy and I know he takes great pride in his products. But this was a time he should have stopped talking and backed away.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:47:34 PM EDT
[#39]
You mean to tell me that people in the intelligence vacuum known as the GD once more have sand in their manginas after jumping to yet another conclusion?  I for one am shocked.

Mark could have put a little more thought into his first statement but I at least choose to believe the second version.  When we had the pre-Sandy Hook ban, Mark took care of a LOT of people in CT, including me.  I have the first CT legal OBR he ever made with a welded on muzzle brake and fixed stock.  I know a lot of people that enjoy his gear.  
I would be willing to bet that many of the people that jumped on the first statement didn’t like him to begin with for God knows what.  But to each his own.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 11:31:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Good to know about LaRue.  All I had heard he would not ship to CT.  Typical bad information.  I never checked it out, because LaRue's stuff is too rich for my wallet.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:16:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
You mean to tell me that people in the intelligence vacuum known as the GD once more have sand in their manginas after jumping to yet another conclusion?  I for one am shocked.

Mark could have put a little more thought into his first statement but I at least choose to believe the second version.  When we had the pre-Sandy Hook ban, Mark took care of a LOT of people in CT, including me.  I have the first CT legal OBR he ever made with a welded on muzzle brake and fixed stock.  I know a lot of people that enjoy his gear.  
I would be willing to bet that many of the people that jumped on the first statement didn’t like him to begin with for God knows what.  But to each his own.
View Quote
It's hard to give people any benefit of the doubt any capitulation has such dire consequences.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:25:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Lot of money. But wait for deals.
I bought their top notch barrels and other stuff when on sale.
Can't beat the price when was. $200 barrels. $100 match triggers.

I have no idea of the current state of drama with Larue. Out of loop lately.
Just remember what he did for CT orders pre ban. Was also in the time of 1 year backlogs during the panic
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#43]
I won a barrel and he shipped it. They are good in my book!
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Just an update for those curious, the bill didn't even make it to committee reason cited is the existence of the ATFs discretion to regulate such items.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 6:04:40 PM EDT
[#45]
I had fun watching people paying $400 - $1,200 for one of those stupid things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzMD7AMrdqU
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top