Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2017 8:28:40 PM EDT
So this past weekend dropped in a new failzero BCG went through 800 rounds, no problems.

I come home clean it and the BCG fails the gas ring test but Im not having any trouble with the guns function.

Will probably still replace the gas rings, but has anyone had this issue?

Also the rifle is currently over gassed as can be, Faxon must drill a canyon of a gas port on there barrels Im not sure if this can cause problems with the gas rings.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:35:17 PM EDT
[#1]
My most used ar(bcg) has failed the gas ring test for the last 2k? rounds, and it's still getting use.
I don't think that test is very helpful.

Gas to the face.....that's part of the fun!

But seriously if it's that bad, you could always try an adjustable gas block, especially if the gas port is truly oversized.  I think I heard some companies were doing that now, because of all of the different ammo being used(to "guarantee" function).  It also might have to do with the popularity of adjustable gas blocks now too.

If it fires with no malfunctions, I don't care how gassy or dirty it gets.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 11:20:45 PM EDT
[#2]
A lot of barrel makers drill the gas port a bit big so it will work with everything. I think Tula .223 is the one that is known to be underpowered.

I have a few ARs with adjustable gas blocks. They are nice because you can dial it in for your ammo. It will help with recoil, not that .223 is all bad anyway. You will certainly have less gas to the face, less dirt in the action and less wear and tear on reciprocating parts if you dial your gas down.

I can tell you this. No matter what brand adustable block you have the screw will get stuck due to carbon. So use a little Kroil on it periodically and turn it a few turns to prevent it from being permanently stuck.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 12:19:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I dont think ill be tinkering with a new gas block most likely a heavier buffer and maybe heavier spring
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top