Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2017 1:15:55 PM EDT
So was a nice day yesterday and went out to some local and big box gun stores looking for a scope for my Feinwerbau 124 D break barrel air rifle and a simple single shot 12G shotgun. Got into a conversation about different rifles with a female worker and said I had just finished building a 8.5" 300 BLK pistol to which she called over a co worker who was jonsing to build one also. The talk went to suppressors and I told him about the Optimus that is a highly modular suppressor, can shoot from 22 LR to 300 Win Mag. He then went on to tell me it's good and all but when you get a suppressor it has to be registered to that one rifle that you will be using it on and could not be put on any other rifle or pistol I literally laughed at him and walked away.

On my way out behind me I hear a guy talking loud "I just bought .45 !!!". I turned to look and see a young looking guy with a Glock 21 in one of those paddle holsters with the button you have to push near the trigger to un holster Yes he was open carrying for the world to see like the chick in The Sound of Music !!!

On the shotgun part, is there anything to look out for in the used dept. Seen a couple single shots for 75 to 130.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Just another example of, just because you work at a place that sells guns, that doesn't mean you fully understand everything about the world of guns and gun laws.  It is the same with almost anything that exists, just because you own/sell things like: an AUG, 34 Ford Coupe, horse, snowboard, etc... doesn't mean your an expert on the subject (but maybe your are).

In his defense, US state and federal gun laws are about as easy to understand as the tax codes.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Just tell them you have your "class III license" and you can do anything
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just tell them you have your "class III license" and you can do anything
View Quote
Sweeeeet, I need one of those!  But don't you have to pay every month to maintain one?
I heard they're hard to get too.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Sweeeeet, I need one of those!  But don't you have to pay every month to maintain one?
I heard they're hard to get too.
View Quote
I have been asked if I have one, I always say " of course"
Never had to show it though
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Hard to get and very easy to lose.  Lost mine for failing to pay mag tax before April 1st deadline.

Had to ship my clips to Hartford, it was a hot bowl of wtf soup with a steaming pile of Malloy.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hard to get and very easy to lose.  Lost mine for failing to pay mag tax before April 1st deadline.

Had to ship my clips to Hartford, it was a hot bowl of wtf soup with a steaming pile of Malloy.
View Quote
Lucky you didnt end up in jail- an unlucky few have ended up in the pokey
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Glock leg
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Lucky you didnt end up in jail- an unlucky few have ended up in the pokey
View Quote
Was that a trunchbull reference?!
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:22:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Was that a trunchbull reference?!
View Quote
i dont know what that is
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:47:59 PM EDT
[#10]
^hahaha nvm I was thinking of the chokey from Matilda.  I got confused, but the joke sort of fit so I thought that's what they said in the movie.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 11:53:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Glock leg
View Quote
Pay your mag tax. Peasant.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:22:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

i dont know what that is
View Quote
I don't have a clue what any of this thread is about.  Everyone is talking in some type of code language.  It reminds me of kids playing war in a backyard with a tree house and sandbox.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 1:01:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't have a clue what any of this thread is about.  Everyone is talking in some type of code language.  It reminds me of kids playing war in a backyard with a tree house and sandbox.
View Quote
I thought it was me. Glad I am not the only one who has no clue what is going on here.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I thought it was me. Glad I am not the only one who has no clue what is going on here.
View Quote
That's me in just about every thread here.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 6:22:32 PM EDT
[#16]
This isn't the content I'm looking for.........
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So was a nice day yesterday and went out to some local and big box gun stores looking for a scope for my Feinwerbau 124 D break barrel air rifle and a simple single shot 12G shotgun. Got into a conversation about different rifles with a female worker and said I had just finished building a 8.5" 300 BLK pistol to which she called over a co worker who was jonsing to build one also. The talk went to suppressors and I told him about the Optimus that is a highly modular suppressor, can shoot from 22 LR to 300 Win Mag. He then went on to tell me it's good and all but when you get a suppressor it has to be registered to that one rifle that you will be using it on and could not be put on any other rifle or pistol I literally laughed at him and walked away.

On my way out behind me I hear a guy talking loud "I just bought .45 !!!". I turned to look and see a young looking guy with a Glock 21 in one of those paddle holsters with the button you have to push near the trigger to un holster Yes he was open carrying for the world to see like the chick in The Sound of Music !!!

On the shotgun part, is there anything to look out for in the used dept. Seen a couple single shots for 75 to 130.
View Quote

Reminds me of a time I was in Cabelas and over heard one of their "experts" telling a guy that the only way you can reliably prime cases is via a hand priming tool..... said the guy that never loaded five thousand rounds in three days for a training class.  Also had a guy lecture me on OC and pretty much told me he'd have me thrown out if I didn't stop correcting him, he later came into the range I worked at with a completely different tone with me in front of his "students".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top