User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2017 9:44:38 PM EDT
Anyone shooting Thunder Run tomorrow??
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 11:01:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I will be there
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I've heard the name, but I can't remember what/where it was.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a big pistol match at Harwinton each year. They did 7 stages, 90 something shooters. It was very well done. I'll post some videos of the stages.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:12:07 PM EDT
[#4]
HRG Thunder Run 2017 - Stage 1

HRG Thunder Run 2017 - Stage 4

HRG Thunder Run 2017 - Stage 5
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:07:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow that looks kick ass and very well run
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 1:06:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah they did a really great job, fun stages and everything ran really smooth. They had well over a 100 shooters with the RO's. First rounds at 9:30, we were done by 2:30 and that included a lunch break. 
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 8:29:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Ah, so IDPA-ish.  

I shoot USPSA, but i may start shooting some IDPA matches with my EDC set up for "practice" and fun.  

I'll keep an eye out for next years match.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#9]
A hybrid style club match, but def more IDPA design. No bs garments, but def cover shooting and target order. I think it's hard for a lot of CT matches to run ipsc style with the limited range layouts.

Where do you usually shoot?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:59:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A hybrid style club match, but def more IDPA design. No bs garments, but def cover shooting and target order. I think it's hard for a lot of CT matches to run ipsc style with the limited range layouts.

Where do you usually shoot?
View Quote
USPSA in Bradford, RI, Monson, MA and Granby, MA.  

They are 1hr, 1:15min away, but totally worth it for me.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Was planning on attending but had a an issue arise that prevented me from attended this year.

They host good matches, and use a lose interpretation of the IDPA rules for all action shooting matches.  Things have gotten considerably better over the last years, with scoring still being a slight issue.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:47:42 AM EDT
[#12]
It was a great match but damn did it get hot standing around with no shade. Not to mention I went to slide lock while shooting the last target on 3 separate stages

peasants cant embed

peasants cant embed

peasants cant embed

peasants cant embed

peasants cant embed

Everyone thinks their JJ Racaza until someone makes you crawl into a drainage pipe to shoot the stage
peasants can crawl into big holes

Now if they would just post the scores already!

ETA I forgot I can't embed without a membership.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Now if they would just post the scores already!
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:40:49 PM EDT
[#14]
What was the penalty if you hit the UTV?

Looks like a good match, looked like a lot of DQ traps, though. I'll have to check out the next one.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 8:18:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't they put on a handful of these throughout the year?   All named differently?

I think I'm thinking some place else.  

How's the Action Rifle?    What's it like?

Hopefully next year I'll be set up for 3-Gun.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:44:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What was the penalty if you hit the UTV?

Looks like a good match, looked like a lot of DQ traps, though. I'll have to check out the next one.
View Quote
Dude, their procedurals are a huge drag, but great stages and well done. They covered the UTV with "you will be billed" in the stag brief lol. 

If you want to make it out to one, I'll car pool with you. Text me and let me know if your around
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:46:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Don't they put on a handful of these throughout the year?   All named differently?
I think I'm thinking some place else.  

How's the Action Rifle?    What's it like?

Hopefully next year I'll be set up for 3-Gun.
View Quote
They do one a month, all good. A mix of 1, 2 and 3 gun. This is their big match done once a year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top