Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2017 10:12:13 PM EDT
Was grabbing a new rifle, face to face transfer. I wanted some ammo as this was a new caliber for me, so I figured meet in the 4ftx10ft parking lot, do some paperwork and then head inside for some ammo. While filling out the paper work a big boy comes outside and tells us we can't be doing this on the property. At this point, we are literally signing paperwork on a hood of a car, nothing more nothing less.
 So we leave. A customer who has spent +/- $10k in that shitty store also left, for good. Wasn't bothering anyone, fuck the 2a right!?

Losers deserve the reputation the get, and I always used to stick up for them. That douche of a son is what started it all, saw him grilling us as he walking into work casually @ 5pm. Fuck you, keep walking like a little bitch and go tell big man to come out for enforcement, have fun with your dying business once the weight is on your shoulders in less than a decade. I will enjoy watching you crumble.

Not a rant, fuck that place, you guys were always right.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:17:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I've done an ftf deal there, they must not have been on the cameras.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:22:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I don't know, parked on the side of the building towards back well beyond public vision from street. Just totally rubbed me the wrong way, will spend money elsewhere. Just feel stupid because I always used to stick up for them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:25:49 PM EDT
[#3]
What place is this?  I must not have gone to this shop yet.  Feel free to PM if its that hush hush
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:28:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Are we talking about Hoffman's?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:30:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Hoffman's Gun Center in Newington.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:32:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hoffman's Gun Center in Newington.
View Quote
Suspicions confirmed
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I also am done with them..
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:06:50 AM EDT
[#8]
How about dont go and do a transfer in the parking lot of a business that is in the business of transferring firearms...
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:39:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How about dont go and do a transfer in the parking lot of a business that is in the business of transferring firearms...
View Quote
this.

take the butthurt elsewhere.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:40:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bahahaha
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:53:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's BS. They should welcome it. It's not like they had a sale vultured from them or something. Hell, its more likely they'd have come in after they wrapped up their business anyways.

That's a great way to alienate your clientele, as seen here.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:55:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That's BS. They should welcome it. It's not like they had a sale vultured from them or something. Hell, its more likely they'd have come in after they wrapped up their business anyways.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. All of this. And fuck their parking.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 8:38:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
this.

True,but as a business long at the long game here. If the OP stated to the shop clerk "Hey I am coming in with my new rifle to get ammo as soon as I finish this" I honk would of helped his cause as I am sure Hoffmann would of made more money selling him the ammo(maybe range time too?) than doing just the transfer.

That being said I think that place sucks and have finally convinced my BIL there are other places to go that that place.

But yeah not the smartest place to do that transfer(I know it was convient when looking at the whole thing from your perspective OP). but at the end of a day it is a business and the #1 rule in any business is to make money.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:20:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bingo
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#15]
It's like taking a hibachi and some burgers to the parking lot of Burger King and expecting them to bring out some milkshakes to you...

Do the transfer in someone else's parking lot who isn't in the business of doing what you're doing...not really too much to ask.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:26:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
True,but as a business long at the long game here. If the OP stated to the shop clerk "Hey I am coming in with my new rifle to get ammo as soon as I finish this" I honk would of helped his cause as I am sure Hoffmann would of made more money selling him the ammo(maybe range time too?) than doing just the transfer.

That being said I think that place sucks and have finally convinced my BIL there are other places to go that that place.

But yeah not the smartest place to do that transfer(I know it was convient when looking at the whole thing from your perspective OP). but at the end of a day it is a business and the #1 rule in any business is to make money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
this.

im not really looking at it from a business perspective rather a legal perspective. every gun store is under a microscope by the state, dems, antis, and the media. hoffmans still moves the most paper in the state.  all it takes is the wrong eyes to see a transfer in the parking lot to get into the medias hands to start a shit show. i can just see WTNH running a story of "firearm sales in gun store parking lot"  and then comes a storm that points back to that particular gun store.  this is a similar argument to open carry . yes its legal, but do you want that kind of negative attention ?  the gun store, whoever it may be , may not want it due to the unwanted negative attention it could have produced.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:26:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's like taking a hibachi and some burgers to the parking lot of Burger King and expecting them to bring out some milkshakes to you...

Do the transfer in someone else's parking lot who isn't in the business of doing what you're doing...not really too much to ask.
View Quote
What?! If I was eating a sandwich in the drive through at BK, and when I got to the window for my milkshake, you think they wouldn't serve it to me? Lol. This is going to blow some minds in here I guess. I work construction and I always bring a lunch. Most of the young guys don't. So when it's lunch time they drive to wherever to eat. I have actually brought my sandwich into Subway and ate it with them, while they all ordered from there. Do you think they said I can't eat that sandwich in there? Hahaha Nobody cares.

This is more comparable to a movie theater taking away a Nalgene bottle of water on the way in. No, wait, its more like the movie theater saying you have to leave because you brought your own water and they sell it.

The only way I'd side with Hoffmann here was if the two guys were at the counter and one of them was looking at a rifle Hoffmans had for sale, and then the other guy said, "I have one in my trunk I'll sell you for less".

They performed a perfectly legal transaction. If I'm at BK selling a guy a rifle and I take it out of my trunk and put it in someone else's there's like a 50% chance someone calls the cops. I always thought a gun store is a "no brainer" place to do FTF transactions. They are gun friendly, and the people that would witness the sale would likely be, too. Hoffmans is retarded. It would have been one thing to say we don't appreciate it, it's another to make their own clients feel unwelcome.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:29:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

im not really looking at it from a business perspective rather a legal perspective. every gun store is under a microscope by the state, dems, antis, and the media. hoffmans still moves the most paper in the state.  all it takes is the wrong eyes to see a transfer in the parking lot to get into the medias hands to start a shit show. i can just see WTNH running a story of "firearm sales in gun store parking lot"  and then comes a storm that points back to that particular gun store.  this is a similar argument to open carry . yes its legal, but do you want that kind of negative attention ?  the gun store, whoever it may be , may not want it due to the unwanted negative attention it could have produced.
View Quote
I'm looking at it the exact opposite. Imagine "firearm sales in Stop & Shop parking lot". I think you'd be less likely to find trouble in a store who's shoppers are generally pro gun, as opposed to virtually any other parking lot.

Besides that, it's legal. No harm is done either way. It's easy to "what if" worst case scenarios in CT.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:35:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What?! If I was eating a sandwich in the drive through at BK, and when I got to the window for my milkshake, you think they wouldn't serve it to me? Lol. This is going to blow some minds in here I guess. I work construction and I always bring a lunch. Most of the young guys don't. So when it's lunch time they drive to wherever to eat. I have actually brought my sandwich into Subway and ate it with them, while they all ordered from there. Do you think they said I can't eat that sandwich in there? Hahaha Nobody cares.

This is more comparable to a movie theater taking away a Nalgene bottle of water on the way in. No, wait, its more like the movie theater saying you have to leave because you brought your own water and they sell it.

The only way I'd side with Hoffmann here was if the two guys were at the counter and one of them was looking at a rifle Hoffmans had for sale, and then the other guy said, "I have one in my trunk I'll sell you for less".

They performed a perfectly legal transaction. If I'm at BK selling a guy a rifle and I take it out of my trunk and put it in someone else's there's like a 50% chance someone calls the cops. I always thought a gun store is a "no brainer" place to do FTF transactions. They are gun friendly, and the people that would witness the sale would likely be, too. Hoffmans is retarded. It would have been one thing to say we don't appreciate it, it's another to make their own clients feel unwelcome.
View Quote
The simple fact of the matter is it's THEIR parking lot.  If they don't want someone doing something in it, then I figure they have every justification to tell them to stop doing what they are doing or asking them to leave.

I have no love for Hoffman's, but I harbor them no ill will either.  In my book, they did nothing wrong by asking the OP not to do a firearms transfer in the parking lot of their firearms business.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:36:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm looking at it the exact opposite. Imagine "firearm sales in Stop & Shop parking lot". I think you'd be less likely to find trouble in a store who's shoppers are generally pro gun, as opposed to virtually any other parking lot.

Besides that, it's legal. No harm is done either way. It's easy to "what if" worst case scenarios in CT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

except the biased antis of Connecticut wouldn't point the finger at stop and shop for that headline.  they certainty would if it was hoffmans, cabelas, NGX, the gun shop, or any other well known gun store.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

except the biased antis of Connecticut wouldn't point the finger at stop and shop for that headline.  they certainty would if it was hoffmans, cabelas, NGX, the gun shop, or any other well known gun store.
View Quote
That's why I do all of my FTF's at Moms Demand Action rallies...
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Who they point the finger at wouldn't matter, nothing illegal took place. The only negative that would arise is public attention to the fact FTF transactions are legal, and the possibility of that changing.

The fact of the matter is a "whistle blower" would be more likely to witness a FTF transaction in any other parking lot vs a gun store.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The simple fact of the matter is it's THEIR parking lot.  If they don't want someone doing something in it, then I figure they have every justification to tell them to stop doing what they are doing or asking them to leave.

I have no love for Hoffman's, but I harbor them no ill will either.  In my book, they did nothing wrong by asking the OP not to do a firearms transfer in the parking lot of their firearms business.
View Quote
I agree, I'm not arguing that. I'm not saying they were wrong, I'm saying they're retarded.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:40:26 PM EDT
[#24]
I think the only way to come to a resolution here is to know what kind of rifle it was. That way we can all make our assesments. Fair?
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:43:21 PM EDT
[#25]
There isn't an argument here.

Hoffman's parking lot.  Hoffman's Business.  Hoffman's rules.  You don't like Hoffman's rules, either abide by them or don't go there.

Even I was kicked off the property for selling an AR15.  I came back 30 minutes later and bought a stripped up.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Hartford Public Safety complex has a safe space for transfers! I prefer Cabelas.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 2:24:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is the way I view it as well. I do however fully agree with the "their place, their rules" phrase, I just think their rule is fucking stupid. Had the the guy said he didn't appreciate it, I would have absolutely continued the conversation and disclosed that I plan to buy ammo. It was more of a 'how in gods name did you think this was a good idea, leave now vibe. I honestly thought a gun store would be a perfectly acceptable place to do this. They don't sell the rifle I got either.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 2:27:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I agree, I'm not arguing that. I'm not saying they were wrong, I'm saying they're retarded.
View Quote
They did nothing wrong other than live up to their shitty business reputation that I used to argue against, and stand up for them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
There isn't an argument here.

Hoffman's parking lot.  Hoffman's Business.  Hoffman's rules.  You don't like Hoffman's rules, either abide by them or don't go there.

Even I was kicked off the property for selling an AR15.  I came back 30 minutes later and bought a stripped up.
View Quote
I'm gonna have to go with this as well.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Next time go to exit 21 off 91 and do a  transfer in the state police parking lot.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#31]
VIP parking lot

Why?............because dildos

Just like this fucking thread
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
VIP parking lot

Why?............because dildos

Just like this fucking thread
View Quote
Your very existence offends me
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:26:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Would you two just double anal and get it over with ?
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 6:32:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I honestly thought a gun store would be a perfectly acceptable place to do this.
View Quote
To be fair you were not IN the gun store, rather in their parking lot. On this one I can see both sides of the issue even though I may not like how Hoffmans handled it (if what was reported is 100% accurate). Who knows, it's entirely possible Hoffman fears transfers taking place on their property (outside of the store) will draw the ire of the town/state/locals. Or they could simply want people to make the transfer through them (for a fee) rather than do it out in the parking lot on their property. Their store, their rules. <shrugs>
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#35]
On a scale of 1-10
I would rate this thread as

DILDOS

Link Posted: 9/13/2017 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
On a scale of 1-10
I would rate this thread as

DILDOS

View Quote
Thank you, exactly what I was going for. Dildo lives matter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top