Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2017 3:41:06 PM EDT
Fighter jets keep flying overhead- man it is impressive- they are loud and by loud i mean damn loud. Before I saw what was flying overhead, i ran out of my house to see if a jet was about to crash. I missed the first flyover but my wife told me they were Military aircraft- Errtime I hear them coming I run outside to see them like a little kid....brings a tear to my eye knowing that good men are up there ready to unleash hell on bad guys.
carry on

Edit to add....I know that I am on more than just a few government lists but an MRAP would suffice

Link Posted: 9/10/2017 4:59:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah they're super badass, it's crazy how loud, you'd think they're right over head, then you notice them of in the distance. Nuts.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Might be relocations from Irma. Or just training.

I know there are a few WWII warbirds on tour in the area currently.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Edit to add....I know that I am on more than just a few government lists but an MRAP would suffice

View Quote

An MRAP can't drop bombs.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 6:09:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

An MRAP can't drop bombs.
View Quote
I am thinking ...(smells smoke) that this has to do with 9/11 possibly.There was a big bike rally down in NY, not sure if 1 has anything to do with the other.
Still love to see them flying about- 5 in a group, many rotations around my AO
called my son out to see them- he doesnt get the awesomeness
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 6:11:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I never get tired of watching military aircraft.

Later this year I have am going on a Tiger Cruise" onboard an aircraft carrier. I am beyond excited to see the action on board one of these floating air force bases. It will be the highlight of my year for sure.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Later this year I have am going on a Tiger Cruise" onboard an aircraft carrier. I am beyond excited to see the action on board one of these floating air force bases. It will be the highlight of my year for sure.
View Quote
Please explain more. 
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Please explain more. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please explain more. 
At the end of the deployment for all surface ships the family of the deployed can join their son/daughter for a "Tiger Cruise".

My son is in the Navy on the USS Nimitz. I will meet him in Hawaii and sail with him back to San Diego. Part of the cruise includes an airshow and demonstration of weapons and counter weapon systems. Other than having to sleep in one of those racks and eat the lousy food it will be totally worth it. If our Navy men and women can work/live 24/7 for 6 months on the ship I can last 5 nights.

I will of course post pics when I return.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 7:41:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
At the end of the deployment for all surface ships the family of the deployed can join their son/daughter for a "Tiger Cruise".

My son is in the Navy on the USS Nimitz. I will meet him in Hawaii and sail with him back to San Diego. Part of the cruise includes an airshow and demonstration of weapons and counter weapon systems. Other than having to sleep in one of those racks and eat the lousy food it will be totally worth it. If our Navy men and women can work/live 24/7 for 6 months on the ship I can last 5 nights.

I will of course post pics when I return.
View Quote
That is absolutely amazing in every sense of the word! Congrats to you and thank you for your sons service. Please document well and share!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That is absolutely amazing in every sense of the word! Congrats to you and thank you for your sons service. Please document well and share!!
View Quote
Will do. It is in December.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 8:15:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
I noticed a WWII type bomber (I'm not sure which model) flying over Farmington yesterday. I wonder if it had something to do with the Collings Foundation event scheduled for next week (11-13 September 2017) in Groton
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#11]

This one was flying over my house a few times yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58463/20170909_181952-304431.jpg

This one was flying over my house a few times yesterday.
View Quote
The ww2 planes where in oxford this weekend,  they are part of the wings of freedom tour.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Meanwhile the planning to take out Nutter continues......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KULM72PoaOo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snTaSJk0n_Y
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 9:24:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Same here, use to never see them around here but theres some activity.

They are definitely an impressive sight but become annoying verrry fast especially if you've ever spent time in the VA Beach area lol its all you will hear.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 9:42:28 PM EDT
[#15]
5 F-15 flew over the us open in NYC today. They where seen in Ct.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 6:02:19 AM EDT
[#16]
You should come spend the day with me at work. Barnes AFB is LITERALLY right across the street. Freedom boners daily. When I first started there, I had to call my doctor after 4 hours...
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 7:21:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You should come spend the day with me at work. Barnes AFB is LITERALLY right across the street. Freedom boners daily. When I first started there, I had to call my doctor after 4 hours...
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 9:14:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I noticed a WWII type bomber (I'm not sure which model) flying over Farmington yesterday. I wonder if it had something to do with the Collings Foundation event scheduled for next week (11-13 September 2017) in Groton
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they were at Oxford airport this past weekend

eta
beat cuz RIFF
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 7:22:24 PM EDT
[#19]
You can fly in the b17 for 425 bucks
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:50:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You can fly in the b17 for 425 bucks
View Quote
From the Collings Foundation web page

Flights take place before and after tours.
30-minute flight on the B-17 or B-24 is $450 per person
30-minute flight on the B-25 is $400 per person
30-minute flight training on the P-51 is $2200
60-minute flight training on the P-51 is $3200

I took a ride on the B17 a couple of years ago and it was a blast. I was going to go up on the B24 this year but had to buy a new chainsaw on Sat. Oh well maybe next year
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top