Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2017 9:04:24 AM EDT

So I saw this map in GD, was wondering why CT is such a great target?
Obviously Groton makes sense, but Hartford? Really?

I always thought we'd have to worry about fallout and refugees here from NYC and Boston, not a direct hit ourselves.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 9:08:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Obviously Groton makes sense, but Hartford? Really?
View Quote

State capital, Colt, etc.

Any place with defense related businesses will be a potential target. Sikorsky will be on the potential target list too.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:22:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I think CT has some defense contractor manufacturing things in the Hartford area.

Explody kinda stuff.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:44:21 AM EDT
[#3]
There's also huge gasoline reserves (around the order of 1M barrels) here in the NE.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:58:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Lol Idaho
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Lots of aerospace contractors.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 12:30:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Because when you're a terrorist nuking the US, it doesn't actually matter, but one thing: ruining the lives of as many hypocritical liberals who let you into the country as possible, hence CT, CA, and NY.

Kidding, but really, I have no actual idea. 

Where did you find that map, anyways? Presumably those targets are military bases or something, which makes sense if a foreign power attacked the US. (You'd want to hit silos and stuff first so they can't counterattack) 

Just weird how they mention 500 warheads and stuff. I'd never imagine anyone firing off that many aside from a M.A.D. scenario, which is fucking scary when you really think about it. 
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm ok if they nuke the liberal centers...then at least the rest of the country has a fighting chance of surviving long-term.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 1:33:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Dear King Dong One,

Please, please, please nuke Hartford.  Double tap north Hartford.

Signed,

Comrade group8
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Engines at Pratt, plus hamilton, groton, Sikorski, colt.
Ruger, marlin,Mossberg, Wildey- (just kidding)
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 4:38:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Engines at Pratt, plus hamilton, groton, Sikorski, colt.
Ruger, marlin,Mossberg, Wildey- (just kidding)
View Quote
And more strategic places such as Modern, Pepe's, Sally's and Zuppardis.  Without pizza, the terrorists win.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Major Airport, National Guard, Explosives Manufacturer in Granby, that helicopter manufacturer in Bloomfield. All sorts of business HQs etc.

Westover, Barnes, Ratheon in Pittsfield etc
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I work in manufacturing, lots of aerospace/defense in CT. Not just the obvious big ones, but lots of job shops and companies you've never heard of too.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 7:22:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Nuke Hartford and we win! Can we paint the target for Kim?

Just don't take out Capital Lunch or Original Ranch House. Those are sacred eating grounds.

We may need to fortify some of the good eats need potential targets. Conndcj is right. We have to protect Pepe's, and a handful of other places. The rest of the cities in CT we can live without.
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 11:42:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Think about it like this - what’s the first thing you do after a disaster? Call your insurance company, right?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 12:19:15 AM EDT
[#15]
LOL at those suggesting taking out specific cities.  This isn’t a sniper rifle.  These would be under most circumstances MIRVs of various yield or single warheads of a high single yield.  CT is roughly 60 x 100 miles.  There is no where to hide.  Besides the blast itself the radiation will wipe out most of the state depending on the prevailing winds.  Also wastes all of the endless work some of you devote to getting around the AWB.  Carbines aren’t going to do much.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 7:47:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
LOL at those suggesting taking out specific cities.  This isn’t a sniper rifle.  These would be under most circumstances MIRVs of various yield or single warheads of a high single yield.  CT is roughly 60 x 100 miles.  There is no where to hide.  Besides the blast itself the radiation will wipe out most of the state depending on the prevailing winds.  Also wastes all of the endless work some of you devote to getting around the AWB.  Carbines aren’t going to do much.
View Quote
I'll be chootin 5.56 at the radiation waves bruh
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 10:14:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why do you have to make sense?
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'll be chootin 5.56 at the radiation waves bruh
View Quote
Make sure you use green tips, those are anti-radiation boolits!
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 11:22:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
On the bright side......  (Nukes.  Bright side.  Get it?  Sometimes I crack myself up).

On the bright side I won't have to deal with this damn road salt that is destroying my car.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 11:56:26 PM EDT
[#20]
What everyone mentioned above along with I 95 corridor. Take that out to and it would disrupt communication/supply route with the rest of New England
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 7:30:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What everyone mentioned above along with I 95 corridor. Take that out to and it would disrupt communication/supply route with the rest of New England
View Quote
Honestly, all you'd need to do to nearly cripple the northeast is take out the GW and TZ bridges.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 7:55:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Honestly, all you'd need to do to nearly cripple the northeast is take out the GW and TZ bridges.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
True but if you hit say Stamford or New Haven in addition to hitting the highway you would also hit rail lines,harbors and a population center to boot.
Plus in New Haven you have some oil reserve containers there as well.

That is why the coast of New Jersey has been a nuclear target for decades.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#23]
If Bridgeport got bombed would anybody notice?
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 9:53:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If Bridgeport got bombed would anybody notice?
View Quote
Indeed. I get cancer just walking through there now - how would it be any different?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top