Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2017 5:38:01 PM EDT
So I was making my gunshop loop (Hoffmans, NGX, Cabelas) to see what they had for 300 BLK ammo and some parts. So I stopped into Newington Walmart and noticed they are carrying Remington 300blk 120 gr and 220 gr subs for 15.67 !!! Everyone else wants 19.99 and up for these in the area. Also in the clearance aisle I found CRKT Obake fixed blade that I always wanted to try out, so I grabbed one for 15 bucks. There were some kershaw Emerson knives and other CRKT knives there to. Picked up one box of Barnes Vor-tx 300BLK 110 gr tac-tx FB to test out in the 8.5" pistol I just finished building
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I struck out on my  Walmart stop in Branford.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 8:13:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the obake.

I know alot of people hate on CRKT but I've carried it for over a year. Cut alot of stuff, skinned alot of squirrels, cleaned a few fish,   takes a pretty good edge.

Slips nicely in my waistband, I use a length of cord attached to my belt.  I carry it in the appendix area.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 8:18:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like the obake.

I know alot of people hate on CRKT but I've carried it for over a year. Cut alot of stuff, skinned alot of squirrels, cleaned a few fish,   takes a pretty good edge.

Slips nicely in my waistband, I use a length of cord attached to my belt.  I carry it in the appendix area.
View Quote
The Obake at 35 bucks I was hesitant but at 15 I could not pass it up. If the Kershaw Emerson model is still their when I go by again, it's coming home with me
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:44:09 PM EDT
[#4]
.300 blk has come down. Cabs had it for 14ish and online is in the 11's. Not trying to be a dick. I have one too. Really low prices in the past 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 3:25:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Love my Obake. Picked it up for high 20s, I'd buy another at 15 in a heartbeat. Classy slim blade. Sheath had a bit too much retention and the cord that comes with it is too short for me to attach it to my belt without taking the knife out. Fix that and you're golden. I also took the mall ninja bead off.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 1:27:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I use a piece of para cord,  I threw the original cord out thinking I'd never use it, mostly because I didn't understand it, Then I broke the belt attachment off at work and stumbled upon a video showing me how to use the cord.

Now I'm trying to make sheaths for my other knives so I can carry them the same way

Shit tucked in my waistband has always worked for me, I love carrying revolvers that way.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 2:56:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I use a piece of para cord,  I threw the original cord out thinking I'd never use it, mostly because I didn't understand it, Then I broke the belt attachment off at work and stumbled upon a video showing me how to use the cord.

Now I'm trying to make sheaths for my other knives so I can carry them the same way

Shit tucked in my waistband has always worked for me, I love carrying revolvers that way.
View Quote
It surprisingly doesn't move, and is unnoticeable in the inguinal crease due to being skinny.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:29:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Walmart in WTBY has the CRKT Obake for 7 bucks !!! Also seen a Kershaw Emerson CQC for 7 bucks !!! Picked up one of the Kershaws because I have been looking for a knife with the wave feature. Spyderco Matriarch 2 is over 100
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 6:03:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I hit 5 Walmart yesterday.  Found 9 boxes of 5 dollar 223, 2 obakes for 7 bucks, Kershaw select fire at 7 bucks, and Leatherman bit kit for 5.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:39:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I hit 5 Walmart yesterday.  Found 9 boxes of 5 dollar 223, 2 obakes for 7 bucks, Kershaw select fire at 7 bucks, and Leatherman bit kit for 5.
View Quote
Was tempted at the bit kit for 5 bucks but did not get it. Found only 2 boxes of the 5 dollar 223 and that was sometime back but still keep an eye out for them !!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:51:04 PM EDT
[#11]
So far, I'm up to 16 boxes of 5 dollar 223.

I've gone through Manchester, Putnam, Lisbon, Brooklyn and North Windham.  Not all walmarts are at 5 bucks yet.   Manchester had the clearance 223 behind the new 223.

Quoted:

Was tempted at the bit kit for 5 bucks but did not get it. Found only 2 boxes of the 5 dollar 223 and that was sometime back but still keep an eye out for them !!!
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:29:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Found 4 boxes of Suprema 12G 7 shot for $1.50 each 25 rd box Might go back and pick up some of the Gamo air rifles that are on clearance for backyard plinking and pest control
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:21:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I think full auto BB guns could be super awesome and fun pest control.

http://www.airgundepot.com/search.html?keyword=mp40&submit=&prv=&adv=&hawkb=&avad=194169_df9b45ed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkNVYz9uajU
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:15:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Found 4 boxes of Suprema 12G 7 shot for $1.50 each 25 rd box Might go back and pick up some of the Gamo air rifles that are on clearance for backyard plinking and pest control
View Quote
Where? Haven't seen any Obakes in the 4 Walmarts I've checked  Haven't been near Waterbury.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 2:02:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Seen one Obake in Waterbury. Just picked up Crosman Crusher .22 $30 and Crosman 1077 for $17 at Avon. Left 2 1077's for someone who else. Just left Torrington's with a Nikon prostaff 3s binoculars $30 !!!! They had 2 so I left one for someone else to have, it's in the glass counter marked down to 30 now !!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 3:12:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 11:45:54 AM EDT
[#17]
This weekend while camping I stopped by 2 Walmarts and picked up 12 boxes of Suprema 20G 25rds a box for 1.50 each and 2 Leupold Rifleman 3-9x40 scopes on clearance for 100 bucks a piece. Last store I picked up 3 cases of ZQI 7.62 nato at 2.50 a box 96 boxes in total !!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This weekend while camping I stopped by 2 Walmarts and picked up 12 boxes of Suprema 20G 25rds a box for 1.50 each and 2 Leupold Rifleman 3-9x40 scopes on clearance for 100 bucks a piece. Last store I picked up 3 cases of ZQI 7.62 nato at 2.50 a box 96 boxes in total !!!
View Quote
Wow!  I was a happy camper when the ZQI 7.62 was $10/box at my local WallyWorld last year.  They must be dumping their remaining ZQI stock.  Their contract with ZQI ended in 2015 or 2014 if I remember correctly.

I don't need anything now, but I am curious where these WallyWorlds are.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 12:08:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Wow!  I was a happy camper when the ZQI 7.62 was $10/box at my local WallyWorld last year.  They must be dumping their remaining ZQI stock.  Their contract with ZQI ended in 2015 or 2014 if I remember correctly.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are a couple like Rocky Hill that have ZQI 5.56 nato 30rd boxes at 9.99, I think is still high. I've also seen ZQI ammo cans of 5.56 nato 720 rds on stripper clips for 450.00 and 9mm nato 1200 rds for the same price
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 12:22:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I was at Rocky Hill last week and talked to the dept manager.  

The store finally put to all their clearance ammo.  The manager told me I missed alot of the $1 boxes of Federal Gold Medal.  That pissed me off because I had made several trips to the store looking for those boxes.  Only being told they didn't have any.  I did get all the $3 boxes Remington Slugger 410.

I even asked the same questions about the ZQI.  I have yet to see any walmart lower the ZQI prices for the other calibers.

Quoted:

There are a couple like Rocky Hill that have ZQI 5.56 nato 30rd boxes at 9.99, I think is still high. I've also seen ZQI ammo cans of 5.56 nato 720 rds on stripper clips for 450.00 and 9mm nato 1200 rds for the same price
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 3:50:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I was at Rocky Hill last week and talked to the dept manager.  

The store finally put to all their clearance ammo.  The manager told me I missed alot of the $1 boxes of Federal Gold Medal.  That pissed me off because I had made several trips to the store looking for those boxes.  Only being told they didn't have any.  I did get all the $3 boxes Remington Slugger 410.

I even asked the same questions about the ZQI.  I have yet to see any walmart lower the ZQI prices for the other calibers.
View Quote
I think I also heard they have Remington slugger 20G 15 rds for 3 bucks. Picked up so much 20 gauge and 7.62 ammo that I need to get a rifle in 7.62 and a single shot 20 Gauge The guy manager that I talked to at Rocky Hill had bright red lipstick on and blush
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 4:40:18 PM EDT
[#22]
That isn't the woMAN I talked to.  The person I talked to was a woman, just not a pretty one.

Quoted:
The guy manager that I talked to at Rocky Hill had bright red lipstick on and blush
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 9:32:37 PM EDT
[#23]
There are websites to help locate inventory at Walmart. I stopped at two Walmarts that supposedly had tons of boxes. Try to find someone that works Sporting Goods.....I challenge you not to have your blood boiling by the time you find an idiot to help you. Then they say we are all out, sorry. Add to that a limit of three boxes and I can't be bothered.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:14:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
There are websites to help locate inventory at Walmart. I stopped at two Walmarts that supposedly had tons of boxes. Try to find someone that works Sporting Goods.....I challenge you not to have your blood boiling by the time you find an idiot to help you. Then they say we are all out, sorry. Add to that a limit of three boxes and I can't be bothered.
View Quote
All the stores I've been to have no limits on centerfire, only rimfire 22lr. This one store had a 3 box limit on all ammo which I told the manager was kinda weird and he went and talked to the head manager which in return said it was fine for me to buy as much of the clearance ammo I wanted (96 boxes 7.62) You can tell right away who will go out of there way to help you and the ones that hide and pretend they are working while on their smartphones
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Just left the Norwalk store on Connecticut Ave and picked up 6 cases of 20 ga #7.5, 60 boxes at $1.50 a box of 25 rds . Left 3 cases at the store if anyone is in the area They are in the back storage room and not on the shelf. Supposedly there is a case and a half at the other Norwalk store. West Haven store has 5 boxes of Winchester 40 cal defensive ammo for $5 a box, it's marked $15 on the bottom ammo shelf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top