Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2017 7:34:46 PM EDT
I've got 3 approved form 1's for .22, 9mm and .458. Will be gathering materials soon.

If there's anyone here who has flexible access to precision machining tools such as a lathe with 4 jaw chuck, the skills to teach the use of, and patience to teach an indentured servant, please PM me.

Thank you
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 5 Form 1s approved. I have been collecting the tubes and end caps for mine. I want to gather these pieces before they shut down the guys who make them.

I have a mini mill I used to machine 8 80% lowers before the laws changed. My plan is to add a small bench top lathe to my workshop. I love tinkering and then I can make my own monocores.

I might build one with some of the available cups and see how it turns out.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:50:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Been doing the Form 1 thing for a while now. Started w/ crude builds and since moved to 100% home built. Bought a lathe a few years ago and taught myself. I wish I had the time and availability to pass the skill on; it really is a fantastic hobby (machining). Expect it to take a good amount of time before you can start building something as complex as a suppressor. Unless, you were planning to have someone else make it while you watched and learned. If I were you, I'd get a head start and watch the myriad of instructional videos on Youtube. MrPete222, Keith Fenner, and myfordboy have fantastic channels. MrPete222 (aka TubalCain) used to be a shop teacher and his videos are top notch, very informative and very little BS and useless chatter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top