BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 6:56:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A lot of Colt models that aren't listed in the ban name. The AR15-A2 and Match Hbar come to mind, as well as other variants
View Quote
Any idea where Olympic Stands in all of it?
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Olympic Arms isn't on the list iirc
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Still just not that interested in Preban AR's. FightLyte re-released the SCR apparently. Almost snatched up a lower there the other day.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Still just not that interested in Preban AR's. FightLyte re-released the SCR apparently. Almost snatched up a lower there the other day.
View Quote
Where and how much?
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Where and how much?
View Quote
$600 ish for a lower
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 10:04:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Any idea where Olympic Stands in all of it?
View Quote
Just transferred an Olympic on Friday with no problem.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 12:27:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Fuuuuuckkkk

Went to my LGS who told me on Friday that they got my Colt preban.

Showed up today.

Guess what

They could not transfer it

Fuck my life.

Will try again tomorrow when they are open.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Fuuuuuckkkk

Went to my LGS who told me on Friday that they got my Colt preban.

Showed up today.

Guess what

They could not transfer it

Fuck my life.

Will try again tomorrow when they are open.
View Quote
Shave so you don't look like a bum
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Any new news on this? I sent off a Form 1 five months ago, but reading through this thread it's looking like the ATF might kick it back because they "need" a COP (even though nothing in their instructions or on their website says you have to provide it ), and now I'm not sure I'll even be able to get one.....
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 8:58:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Seems like it's a crock of shit . All rumors stopped. Pre bans still transferring .
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Several dealers have stopped transferring prebans that are on the list. AKs, FALs, and such.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#12]
This was to boost sales on inventory that was probably sitting there a while taking up realistate, to make room for new guns to be sold.

You know that when nobody but ctgt and arf are talking about it.
Ccdl didn't mention anything, Fox News, etc. the whole state would be talking. Now it's just spreading like the word of mouth, false claims, of the "new gun laws" when the ban first happened a few years back. Everyone had their own claims what was legal and not legal, confiscation, etc. you know, that typical LGS fudd talk.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 10:13:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Any new news on this? I sent off a Form 1 five months ago, but reading through this thread it's looking like the ATF might kick it back because they "need" a COP (even though nothing in their instructions or on their website says you have to provide it ), and now I'm not sure I'll even be able to get one.....
View Quote
I am almost positive you need a COP, but I was under the impression it would be kicked back immediately if it was needed?.  I got one for my F1 just to be safe after searching all I could on here.

Where are them wall o' text guys when we need em
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#14]
He is still in a pickle.  He submitted a form1 without a COP.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 10:16:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This was to boost sales on inventory that was probably sitting there a while taking up realistate, to make room for new guns to be sold.

You know that when nobody but ctgt and arf are talking about it.
Ccdl didn't mention anything, Fox News, etc. the whole state would be talking. Now it's just spreading like the word of mouth, false claims, of the "new gun laws" when the ban first happened a few years back. Everyone had their own claims what was legal and not legal, confiscation, etc. you know, that typical LGS fudd talk.
View Quote
Ccdl did mention it. I was personally in conversations with Scott Wilson , ccdl president .

Still I think it was a crock of shit
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 10:16:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Twas what I thought, just heard from a few people it gets kicked back immediately if one is not present?
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 11:00:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Twas what I thought, just heard from a few people it gets kicked back immediately if one is not present?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For missing documents and errors, the ATF will generally let you email then the missing stuff if it hasn't gotten kicked back yet.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 11:12:29 AM EDT
[#18]
You have plenty of time to get a COP from CT and turn it into the NFA.
What are you sitting around waiting for?  
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Olympic Arms isn't on the list iirc
View Quote
Shhhhhhhhush !!
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 4:09:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You have plenty of time to get a COP from CT and turn it into the NFA.
What are you sitting around waiting for?  
View Quote
Yeah I was really hoping someone else had already been the test mule on this one. Maybe I should have tried to put a shoulder thing that goes up on a Tec 9, so when they confiscate it I'll only be out like $300.

But in all seriousness, I thought once the 2014 ban took effect, you could no longer get a COP, even for pre 1994 stuff?
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Not true.  Many of of us have registered prebans after the fact.  

I bought a few prebans to fill my trust up.  I registered one last summer so I could do F1 on my trust before 41F took effect.

Quoted:
But in all seriousness, I thought once the 2014 ban took effect, you could no longer get a COP, even for pre 1994 stuff?
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:09:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol, 5 months ago. I sent a form 1  and the $200 check cashed by atf on July 23 2016.

Called atf last week... still pending.

Fyi, mine went to atf with a cop. My understanding without a cop, atf will reject it
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#23]
The week before 41F kicked in I went to Middletown a Deirdre made a COP for one of my pre ban lowers. I received the stamp for it about 6-8 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:10:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Lol, 5 months ago. I sent a form 1  and the $200 check cashed by atf on July 23 2016.

Called atf last week... still pending.
View Quote
Weird.   I had a whole bunch of 4s (individual) from September 2016 come back about a month ago.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#25]
so i was talking with the dealer i frequent and on the side mentioned this whole situation (As i had only recently found out about it) and he let me know that an officer he knows in the SLFU that he had been talking to had told him that the state police will not approve any new transfers or purchases of pre-bans citing pending guidance or some such.
i dont know if this is in fact the case yet as i have not tried or had cause to do any transfers of anything since buying my preban sporter lower, but i've no reason to think he was given or relayed bad info; he's always gone above and beyond for his customers.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
so i was talking with the dealer i frequent and on the side mentioned this whole situation (As i had only recently found out about it) and he let me know that an officer he knows in the SLFU that he had been talking to had told him that the state police will not approve any new transfers or purchases of pre-bans citing pending guidance or some such.
i dont know if this is in fact the case yet as i have not tried or had cause to do any transfers of anything since buying my preban sporter lower, but i've no reason to think he was given or relayed bad info; he's always gone above and beyond for his customers.
View Quote
Do you, by chance, own a shop in Waterbury?
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:44:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#28]
I will pay my mag tax in full if it will make this stupid thread go away forever.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:02:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Reported.....
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:10:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Reported.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Reported.....
Get the mod cock out of your mouth
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I will pay my mag tax in full if it will make this stupid thread go away forever.
View Quote
damnit

I gotta get that check out.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Reported.....
Purse fight!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:20:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol
Post count, join date . 

Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:22:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Purse fight!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Reported.....
Purse fight!!!
I have the best outlet purses
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:24:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Not that 250$ michael kors bitch tier shit either.

Stop being poor this is America
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Its true.........cause the rapture is september 23, 2017
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Who is excited for higher taxes!
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:08:25 PM EDT
[#39]
All replies before this lock are now preban
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top