Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How greasy were his pockets?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish this was true . I've been talking to Scott Wilson from ccdl and he's agreeing something is going on. Just a hard wait
How greasy were his pockets?

Lubed to perfection
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 7:47:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
A friend panicked and went up there to check what was left. Apparently a lot of inventory has sold. So whether this threat is real or not shops are making good money right now.

The rest of the country panicked before the election, now we are doing it on rumors and by poking SLFU. Fantastic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it's really funny that even forum regulars still don't know the name of that shop.
A friend panicked and went up there to check what was left. Apparently a lot of inventory has sold. So whether this threat is real or not shops are making good money right now.

The rest of the country panicked before the election, now we are doing it on rumors and by poking SLFU. Fantastic
Maybe they did do it so they can pay for the recent expansion they just did at the shop !!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Lubed to perfection
View Quote
I hate when my lube spills in my pockets. Fucking mess. Then I'm labeled as a weirdo when I shake someone's hand and it's slippery from the astroglide and smells like strawberry.

It's gross.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:14:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I am a 01/03 dealer and asked during a transfer today. SLFU has no knowledge of any pending changes in policy.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:57:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
People contacting the AG and DESPP might as well contact Malloy and say "Please do this as soon as possible.  We need to know, and we don't care about anyone else."

Trying to rush oppression against yourself strikes me as amusing.
View Quote
OH. MY. GOD. 

Hell hath frozen over, I completely agree with group8's post. 
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 10:02:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am a 01/03 dealer and asked during a transfer today. SLFU has no knowledge of any pending changes in policy.
View Quote
He speaks the truth.

ETA: I have tried very hard not to add to any of the posts considered "hear say" with my personal opinions (which mean squat btw), but I'm not buying this one. While I certainly put nothing past the state and suspect something will be forced eventually (good or bad), I personally believe this may have been the fabrication of local business owners making money on prebans instead of the normal Hoffman/Cabela's fair. My .02  which again is worth squat.

ETA 2: Anybody want to buy an FAL? Modrapos don't squash it 
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 8:10:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Pretty easy way to determine the authenticity of all of this.  

Someone try to register a named preban with the state.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#9]
still nothing
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:23:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:30:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Pretty easy way to determine the authenticity of all of this.  

Someone try to register a named preban with the state.
View Quote
Don't we already do that when we SBR a lower?
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Don't we already do that when we SBR a lower?
View Quote
Yep exactly.  People were doing that before.  Registering a preban(even named prebans) in order to get approval by the ATF on a form 1.

Nobody has posted that they've done this, since word broke that BBN's were going to be stopped.  Do this and get one registered by the  state TODAY, and we'll all have our answer.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 11:17:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yep exactly.  People were doing that before.  Registering a preban(even named prebans) in order to get approval by the ATF on a form 1.

Nobody has posted that they've done this, since word broke that BBN's were going to be stopped.  Do this and get one registered by the  state TODAY, and we'll all have our answer.
View Quote
No we won't. Nothing has been said publicly, so nothing has officially changed. You can do what ever is currently legal until a change is made. The issue is rumors of a change that have not materialized.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 11:40:17 AM EDT
[#14]
If they allow one to be registered, nothing has changed.
If they say no, then that's that.

Someone said a few weeks ago, I can't remember on which forum, that they talked to someone at slfu I think, who said no more registering BBN's.  To prove whether that's true or not, someone could try.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 11:53:21 AM EDT
[#15]
They can't change the rules without notifying us. A member here and close friend of mine who is an FFL asked them if he can keep transferring prebans and if they've heard of any rule changes. They said he can transfer and no they've heard of no changes. 

ETA: It's the guy I referred you to for your Thompson. Call him.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 12:22:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They can't change the rules without notifying us. A member here and close friend of mine who is an FFL asked them if he can keep transferring prebans and if they've heard of any rule changes. They said he can transfer and no they've heard of no changes. 

ETA: It's the guy I referred you to for your Thompson. Call him.
View Quote
2 ffls on ct gun talk are stating they have been told to stop transferring.

i dont get it
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 1:01:24 PM EDT
[#17]

If they allow one to be registered, nothing has changed.
If they say no, then that's that.
View Quote
was told over a month ago by SLFU (Deirdre) that certs for anything on original 94 ban list will not be issued anymore.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 2:24:20 PM EDT
[#18]
^Yep that's what I was talking about.

If someone could try to register a BBN now, we'd get our answer.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
^Yep that's what I was talking about.

If someone could try to register a BBN now, we'd get our answer.
View Quote
Wouldn't that, potentially, put someone in shit city if they tried? I mean, if BBN's are now no longer gtg (regardless of if it's publicized or not), and you admit to the state you have it, couldn't one be in trouble with the law?
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 2:42:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

i dont get it
View Quote
Yeah, fucking Riverview and the Waterbury place!

For fucks sake, Im such a good investigator I should be on conndcjs payroll!
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 2:52:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Wouldn't that, potentially, put someone in shit city if they tried? I mean, if BBN's are now no longer gtg (regardless of if it's publicized or not), and you admit to the state you have it, couldn't one be in trouble with the law?
View Quote
Nah. Just bring it down to DPS so they can inspect it, and walk out with a cert.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Folks all we know for certain is the Superior Court in a civil case ruled that banned by name prebans are indeed banned even though DESPP/SLFU indicated they were not. All we have at the moment, until someone posts definitive proof in the form of actual SLFU persons names or SLFU documents, is speculation on what SLFU MIGHT do today, tomorrow, or some time in the future. Many belive it is stupid to keep poking SLFU on this issue.

Pretty much the only thing that is certain at this moment is if one has a banned by name preban, that doesn't have a certificate of possession for it, and it is confiscated for what ever reason. They may not get that firearm returned if one sued to get the firearm back. Beyond that we are, as usual in CT, in limbo/gray area with our lovely "common sense" firearm laws.

If one wants to buy a banned by name preban and they find an FFL willing to do the sale/transfer then the decision is yours on buying it. Buy it and enjoy it. Just be aware that if confiscated for what ever reason you may possibly not be able to get it back.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 5:33:43 PM EDT
[#23]
wow, my pwa keeps growing in value.

ban everything but PWA please.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 7:49:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i dont get it

Actually that is not entirely true. One of the FFLs that has been reporting this rumor is NOT Riverview or the Waterbury guy.

I also heard it from a LEO.

Some FFLs have heard nothing, some claims they have, a LEO claims he has. Makes me wonder if the Weapons unit made comments when asked. Maybe something like "we don't know but expect something soon. The boss returns Tuesday so maybe then."
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#25]
It's not Riverview, it's Tobacco Valley Gun
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:47:39 PM EDT
[#26]
So business as usual. Anyone want a mak90 for $2000?
Just in case?

This whole legal system is a disaster.
Some fuck judge layer comes to a personal conclusion, and changes things.
Meanwhile in free America, no such issues exist.
I think it is time for change. Repercussions for failures against the Constitution.
Forfeiture of salary, pensions, benefits for a wrong conclusion of law.
No state/federal protection, if against the Constitution.
We fuck up, it costs us. So should them.
Would save us a ton of money too.
I like to dream...
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 11:03:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Guys.... I just heard that a decision will be made tomorrow

Too soon?
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 11:09:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Folks all we know for certain is the Superior Court in a civil case ruled that banned by name prebans are indeed banned even though DESPP/SLFU indicated they were not. All we have at the moment, until someone posts definitive proof in the form of actual SLFU persons names or SLFU documents, is speculation on what SLFU MIGHT do today, tomorrow, or some time in the future. Many belive it is stupid to keep poking SLFU on this issue.
View Quote
This right here. Those that think DESPP is not going to respond in some way to a Superior Court's decision on interpretation of the law are living in another universe. Something is going to happen.

My money is on:

Named preban transfers become prohibited.
No confiscation.
No reopening the registry.
No more certs for Form 1s.
Dealers with named inventory are stuck with it.
The state takes the "oops my bad" stance and lets the transfers over the last few years go without another word. (They don't have much in the way of alternatives from a budget or legal perspective)

I hope I am wrong and this is all fantasy land, but its CT. Feels trump brains and laws.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:08:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
was told over a month ago by SLFU (Deirdre) that certs for anything on original 94 ban list will not be issued anymore.
View Quote
Anybody else confirm this?  I was going to have to register a couple for Form 1s.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Anybody else confirm this?  I was going to have to register a couple for Form 1s.
View Quote
Hmmm what about pending F1's on named pre bans? Although I guess technically it's a Sport II and not a Sporter.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:36:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Hmmm what about pending F1's on named pre bans? Although I guess technically it's a Sport II and not a Sporter.
View Quote
Is it still possible to get a cert for a non-named preban to F1 that?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you already have a C.O.P then there's really no risk.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If you already have a C.O.P then there's really no risk.
View Quote
Roger thanks
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:20:39 PM EDT
[#34]
This has nothing to do with the ruling, just some random information: JoJos and Tobacco Valley Firearms are not interested in buying or consigning named prebans as of this morning. I called JoJos and asked, and stopped in at TVF.

It was nice seeing Chris (Kris, Krys, sp?) at Tobacco Valley. He sold me my first handgun almost a decade ago. The shop looks to be coming along nicely.

Why is this the google picture of JoJos? (PhoJos) lol

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:58:39 PM EDT
[#35]
@zegermanznew

When you Google search the image, you get this
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
@zegermanznew

When you Google search the image, you get this
View Quote
HAHAH the hell? People must have been losing their minds
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 11:56:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This has nothing to do with the ruling, just some random information: JoJos and Tobacco Valley Firearms are not interested in buying or consigning named prebans as of this morning. I called JoJos and asked, and stopped in at TVF.
View Quote
Here we go....cue the its happening gif.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 8:28:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
TVF didn't want to take my Mak90 in trade towards another preban a couple weeks ago. Said he has enough maks. I did transfer a colt sp1 lower on Thursday at Delta. The guy that did the paperwork heard the rumor but didn't seem to believe it. It was business as usual there.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 8:33:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
TVF didn't want to take my Mak90 in trade towards another preban a couple weeks ago. Said he has enough maks. I did transfer a colt sp1 lower on Thursday at Delta. The guy that did the paperwork heard the rumor but didn't seem to believe it. It was business as usual there.
View Quote
TVF still had two Maks left yesterday but he told the guys that owned them to come and get them, and the people said nah. They are running a risk leaving them there but it's anybodies guess what's gonna happen.

There were only 2 or 3 preban ARs and they weren't on the named list.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 9:16:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
TVF still had two Maks left yesterday but he told the guys that owned them to come and get them, and the people said nah. They are running a risk leaving them there but it's anybodies guess what's gonna happen.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does TVF have accessories and ammo? From then pictures it looks like all firearms (which isn't a bad thing) but I'm more interested in browsing accessories and what not right now.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 9:26:10 AM EDT
[#41]
"Does TVF have accessories and ammo? From then pictures it looks like all firearms (which isn't a bad thing) but I'm more interested in browsing accessories and what not right now. "

Very limited on ammo and accessories at this time. I was in there Thursday.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 9:49:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Was in Delta yesterday and they still had pre bans galore.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 9:50:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are they transferring the Maks tho? How$?
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Are they transferring the Maks tho? How$?
View Quote
Yea I'd think so since they were on the rack being displayed. He just didn't want to take on new inventory until this either cleared up or quieted down. I didn't look at prices. Give em a call, he was happy to talk.

TBR, as har said there was a limited selection of accessories and ammo but I imagine they'll be filling it out as time goes on. Theyve only been open 6 weeks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Any idea on the going rate for a Sporter?
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 7:05:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure those sporters are representative of the market. Pretty sure they are all consignments that have been there most of the year because the consigner has them grossly over priced.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 7:27:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Not sure those sporters are representative of the market. Pretty sure they are all consignments that have been there most of the year because the consigner has them grossly over priced.
View Quote
Lol, yeah, I hear ya.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 7:35:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
You can find them for $1200-1400 on Gunbroker and the EE fairly regular. In CT shops, they seem to have a $2000 asking price.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 4:42:09 PM EDT
[#49]
What would be not banned by name other then PWA?
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What would be not banned by name other then PWA?
View Quote
A lot of Colt models that aren't listed in the ban name. The AR15-A2 and Match Hbar come to mind, as well as other variants
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top