Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/26/2017 7:05:48 AM EDT
Per a post over on CTGT:

I was informed by DESPP today that the official preban determination is comig down Tuesday. Anything on the original list is prohibited from transfer. No word on the type wording as applies to Colt ARs, A2s, Government Carbine etc. It looks like PWA, Essential, Olys are safe. AKs are toast.

Please keep in mind this is preliminary information and nothing is in stone until Tuesday. I have been advised but not ordered by the state however to cease transfer of named prebans as of today.
View Quote
As always take such news/posts with a gain of salt until more people confirm it or DESPP officially releases something.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 8:33:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Here we go !!! Raise the taxes then take things we like away !!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 8:46:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 3:24:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Even Scott Wilson of CCDL fame has acknowledge the state is going to take a position next week.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 5:32:30 PM EDT
[#4]
So register the prebans on Monday? Or bury them out of state on Tuesday? It's hard to keep up.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:05:09 AM EDT
[#5]
it will be tricky for them to handle this one. there is already been released documentation from state saying these have been legal to transfer, so if they go back on their word now they have to figure out some kind of registration process. last time this happened, it was in april giving us till the end of the year to register.

not sure what will happen now.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:21:31 AM EDT
[#6]
A challenge on void for vagueness grounds is already in the works. This is the 3rd change of position by the state.

They cant possibly ask for registration, that is just more fuel for a challenge and they know that. I think they are just gonna let this go with further transfer prohibited.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 11:02:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A challenge on void for vagueness grounds is already in the works. This is the 3rd change of position by the state.

They cant possibly ask for registration, that is just more fuel for a challenge and they know that. I think they are just gonna let this go with further transfer prohibited.
View Quote
i doubt they will just let them go. they know they can win any argument in court
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#8]
these idiots can do whatever they want. they have before and they probably will again. reguardless of how it may or may not end in the courts. Either way their decisions may lose in the long run, but still fucks with everyone and costs gun owners time and money and he knows if he cant win permanently, he still wins either way by causing so many issues.

And I honestly wouldnt put past confiscation from these clowns. even if he gets certain guns and magazines off the street for a year or 2 while being tied up in the courts, he still wins. I hope when he goes to melt the first batch of guns, him, blumey and murphy fall into the melting pot and dissolve.....i would actually buy 1 of the fucking rakes if it looked like a partially smelted malloy.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 12:52:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I hope when he goes to melt the first batch of guns, him, blumey and murphy fall into the melting pot and dissolve.....i would actually buy 1 of the fucking rakes if it looked like a partially smelted malloy.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 1:22:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I would be very surprised if they allow the named prebans to stick around.  This was discussed multiple times over the past few years, especially when the statement first came out - it was a widely held belief that they/DPS would eventually change their mind and people who owned those named firearms would get screwed over.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i doubt they will just let them go. they know they can win any argument in court
I would be very surprised if they allow the named prebans to stick around.  This was discussed multiple times over the past few years, especially when the statement first came out - it was a widely held belief that they/DPS would eventually change their mind and people who owned those named firearms would get screwed over.
i dont doubt this

turn them in or wait for boots kicking in doors
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 1:24:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Ill just steal my neighbors HILLARY sign and put in my yard..... maybe an antifa flag as well and they will probably leave me alone. malloy after all is an antifa cuke.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:26:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine will go North to my bunker in Maine......
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 7:53:46 PM EDT
[#14]
We will soon find out I believe. I think there is pretty much no doubt they will reinterpret the law to allow only those not on the "banned by name" lists.

The million dollar question is what happens to the stuff that was transferred the last 4 1/2 years.

One option is registration of the ones transferred during this "window". Another option is nothing just leave it alone. Third is they could give you a period of time to remove them from the state by relocating them or selling them. Last, and IMHO, the least likely is confiscation and surrender.

Personally I don't think there is the budget to track all these down and send you a letter to surrender or sell.

In my opinion they will grandfather these and leave them alone possibly opening up the registration process for a short time.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:39:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We will soon find out I believe. I think there is pretty much no doubt they will reinterpret the law to allow only those not on the "banned by name" lists.

The million dollar question is what happens to the stuff that was transferred the last 4 1/2 years.

One option is registration of the ones transferred during this "window". Another option is nothing just leave it alone. Third is they could give you a period of time to remove them from the state by relocating them or selling them. Last, and IMHO, the least likely is confiscation and surrender.

Personally I don't think there is the budget to track all these down and send you a letter to surrender or sell.

In my opinion they will grandfather these and leave them alone possibly opening up the registration process for a short time.
View Quote
Ha, my ass. They would borrow ,beg and steal a billion $ to go after them
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:49:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Its coming down this week.

I don't think confiscation is possible. Neither is registration.

The preban window will close and that will be that.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 6:08:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Not that I sweating it but I did purchase an HK SP89 two months ago from a FFL. Soooo can I assume its REGISTARED?
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 6:38:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The preban window will close and that will be that.
View Quote
That is the most likely outcome. But that would leave the issue of those who already purchased the banned by name prebans since 6/18/13 hanging out there waiting for someone to run across a LEO who may decide they have an illegal AW and arrest them and confiscate the firearm.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:11:18 AM EDT
[#19]
I have printed and an electronic copy of the original opinion letter stating prebans were good to go. I also have scanned and original copies of all my DPS-3C forms.

I figure if there is ever the chance I get jammed up for one of these guns my case would hinge on the opinion letters and the date of purchase.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:16:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Confiscation?  Never happen.  We're talking about 10s of thousands of firearms and there is no budget to pay for the extreme manpower needed to effect a confiscation house by house. Add to that the fact that the State cops have no stomach to engage in a firefight with even one of the owners if for only the fear of being injured or killed but for also lighting a fuse that might lead to worse.

What will happen is they will outlaw prebans, that's all.  Like they did with the mags and ARs, they'll make them illegal, "preban" be damned.  They'll  demand that you turn 'em in and some will.  The rest will hunker down further and that hardware won't see the light of day from their hidey-holes or spa-visits to NH or ME or even VT.  Get into a domestic voilence issue and your house will be torn apart because they know pretty much who the permit holders are, they still don't have a reliable list of what they own, that's all.

I can not tell you how much I want to leave this place and I was born here.  We're within a year,now, and we've made our plans and the house is ready for the market after one more project.  We are puking sick of the way this state tramples our rights and runs this state like a secret society.  We have to laugh that they don't have anything more important to do than enact this crap.  It's amazing.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Confiscation?  Never happen.  We're talking about 10s of thousands of firearms and there is no budget to pay for the extreme manpower needed to effect a confiscation house by house. Add to that the fact that the State cops have no stomach to engage in a firefight with even one of the owners if for only the fear of being injured or killed but for also lighting a fuse that might lead to worse.

What will happen is they will outlaw prebans, that's all.  Like they did with the mags and ARs, they'll make them illegal, "preban" be damned.  They'll  demand that you turn 'em in and some will.  The rest will hunker down further and that hardware won't see the light of day from their hidey-holes or spa-visits to NH or ME or even VT.  Get into a domestic voilence issue and your house will be torn apart because they know pretty much who the permit holders are, they still don't have a reliable list of what they own, that's all.

I can not tell you how much I want to leave this place and I was born here.  We're within a year,now, and we've made our plans and the house is ready for the market after one more project.  We are puking sick of the way this state tramples our rights and runs this state like a secret society.  We have to laugh that they don't have anything more important to do than enact this crap.  It's amazing.
View Quote
I have lived in CT for over half my life. I used to like it here. Little by little the liberals have ruined a great place to live. Now I want to leave. It is a matter of when not if I leave. Short of a miracle this state is beyond repair.

I was born in rural NY. I grew up in farm country NY State far from NYC. I loved living there and still have many good friend in my hometown despite not living there since the mid 80s. I would love to move back there. It has nice cold, snowy winters, great terrain, no traffic and lots of like minded people. The problem is NYS is screwed too. Taxes are out of control, the gun laws, believe it or not, are worse than here.

We were thinking of FL but my wife and I decided this summer that we actually like winter. So our search for the right place continues.

Cabinetman is right. The police will not risk going door to door. The state does not even have a list that is anywhere close to accurate. I bet all the forms they have been receiving are piled up somewhere waiting to be filed.

Sit tight and wait for any opinion to come down.

How many people got jammed up for not registering their AW in the 90s? I have been at three different gun clubs and a public range. There were cops shooting there. They looked at my guns and admired them. Not one ever gave a crap if it was a pre ban or not. The police, for the most part, are not on board with these laws either.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 10:52:14 AM EDT
[#23]
panic in the streets
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 11:39:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Hartford..... Nothing like paying no attention to important things like balancing a budget or hell even getting one in place. But spend time screwing over a segment of your constituents which by and large cause little to no trouble, have jobs and pay taxes....
Good Job!
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 11:50:35 AM EDT
[#25]
I may have to stop at a few gun shops after work
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hartford..... Nothing like paying no attention to important things like balancing a budget or hell even getting one in place. But spend time screwing over a segment of your constituents which by and large cause little to no trouble, have jobs and pay taxes....
Good Job!
View Quote
Thinking the same thing !!! Nothing like getting rid of the hard workers and keeping the leeches in place !!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Here we are, what's the word. Good thing I bought the AK I wanted a few weeks back when I had the cash.  Idiots in Hartford are primed to fuck us, how bad will our asses bleed afterwards is the question
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#28]
might as well off load the collection, moving anyway. Hate this state.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:17:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#30]
They won't 100% close the preban door because if they did, it's a DIRECT violation of the 2nd A due to banning 100% of certain types of firearms. If they did that, it would benefit us because it will get overturned FASTER than overturning the current AW law which is an indirect violation of the 2A of banning NEW AW's. Thats most likely their reasoning of leaving pre 94' AW's legal.

They know they can't ban 100% AW's due to we the people, will win legally, and it will be easier for we the people to overturn it. Due to them banning only new stuff but allowing old stuff, is kind of a loophole in their favor because technically they didn't ban 100% of certain types of firearms. Maybe only 85%.   Follow what I'm saying?   So either they will offer a grace period, ban 100%, then we can overturn it easier, or they will say fuck it, we messed up.

That's my 2pennies.  And we wait to find out what these smart lawmakers have to say to us dumb citizens

Edited
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They won't 100% close the preban door because if they did, it's a DIRECT violation of the 2nd A due to banning 100% of certain types of firearms. If they did that, it would benefit us because it will get overturned FASTER than overturning the current AW law which is an indirect violation of the 2A of banning NEW AW's. Thats most likely their reasoning of leaving pre 94' AW's legal.

They know they can't ban 100% AW's due to we the people will win legally
View Quote
I said this back in '13. I still think it's the case. Though, I kinda hope they DO step on their dicks and go full retard. Even with the USSC the way it is now, I think the court would have a very hard time going against Heller. With the law the way it is (or may be coming), the state can still kinda save face and say "see? we didn't ban EVERYTHING!"
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:47:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I said this back in '13. I still think it's the case. Though, I kinda hope they DO step on their dicks and go full retard. Even with the USSC the way it is now, I think the court would have a very hard time going against Heller. With the law the way it is (or may be coming), the state can still kinda save face and say "see? we didn't ban EVERYTHING!"
View Quote
Thats the thing. And they know that. They think we are dumb enough not the realize what they are doing.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 2:28:25 PM EDT
[#33]
So would putting a threaded barrel on PreBan pistols be affected in any way ?
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#35]
From the article above, updated at 1pm

(8/29/17 — 1 p.m.) Update: Connecticut Attorney General George Jepsen’s office has responded to our inquiry, and has informed the New Boston Post that the AG “is not working on any sort of interpretation or guidance regarding laws on semiautomatic weapons,” and added that “no announcement is imminent from our office.”
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Anonymous SFLU employee trolling us the whole time. Payback for all the phone calls.

ETA: He didn't say SFLU wasn't working on something. It was their interpretation that got tossed out on it's ear.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Anonymous SFLU employee trolling us the whole time. Payback for all the phone calls.

ETA: He didn't say SFLU wasn't working on something. It was their interpretation that got tossed out on it's ear.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#38]
I read the article. Only meant the AG's office didn't say SFLU wasn't working on something.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 3:40:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
From the article above, updated at 1pm

(8/29/17 — 1 p.m.) Update: Connecticut Attorney General George Jepsen’s office has responded to our inquiry, and has informed the New Boston Post that the AG “is not working on any sort of interpretation or guidance regarding laws on semiautomatic weapons,” and added that “no announcement is imminent from our office.” 
View Quote
I hope this isn't Fake news.

:dodgy:
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 4:07:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I read the article. Only meant the AG's office didn't say SFLU wasn't working on something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 4:19:58 PM EDT
[#41]
I emailed the reporter
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#42]
People contacting the AG and DESPP might as well contact Malloy and say "Please do this as soon as possible.  We need to know, and we don't care about anyone else."

Trying to rush oppression against yourself strikes me as amusing.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 4:41:29 PM EDT
[#43]
I swear this is all gonna turn out to be just Riverview and that other preban shop down near Waterbury or wherever riling everybody up. This is gonna be a reoccurring end of the month sales push.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I swear this is all gonna turn out to be just Riverview and that other preban shop down near Waterbury or wherever riling everybody up. This is gonna be a reoccurring end of the month sales push.
View Quote
I think it's really funny that even forum regulars still don't know the name of that shop.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 4:53:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I think it's really funny that even forum regulars still don't know the name of that shop.
View Quote
A friend panicked and went up there to check what was left. Apparently a lot of inventory has sold. So whether this threat is real or not shops are making good money right now.

The rest of the country panicked before the election, now we are doing it on rumors and by poking SLFU. Fantastic
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 4:55:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
whats the name of the gun store llc in waterbury?
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#48]
I heard several dealers were dumping inventory as fast as they can. Guy I know bought an Intratec yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 6:57:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I wish this was true . I've been talking to Scott Wilson from ccdl and he's agreeing something is going on. Just a hard wait
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 7:04:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I wish this was true . I've been talking to Scott Wilson from ccdl and he's agreeing something is going on. Just a hard wait
View Quote
How greasy were his pockets?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top