Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/21/2017 12:54:21 PM EDT
It seems we have a pretty sly coyote in the area. It took two of our barn cats in the last month. Last night the neighbor in the back yard saw it just outside his door at home. Neighbor next door has been losing pheasants or peacocks or whatever.

How do I stop this bastard? 300blk with a silencer? I've never hunted so I don't know where to begin so I can actually cross paths with this thing. And I'm not sure of legalities. I'm pretty sure I'm GTG since we have farm status and it is a threat to our animals.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Do NOT use a suppressor.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:56:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do NOT use a suppressor and tell anoyone about it.
View Quote
I put some words in your mouth.

Since the yote seems to be frequenting, sounds like you don't need to go anywhere. Just wait for him to come to you.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:02:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Do NOT use a suppressor.
View Quote
Oh yea, that's a no go for hunting right? This is why I'm glad I'm asking.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:27:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Text sent. I may be able to help you out.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:30:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Id use #4 buck 12g and a full choke if he's getting within 150 feet or so.

That will eliminate the 10 acres of hunting area law for rifles. Shotguns only require the 500 foot rule of discharging a firearm. Shoot in a safe direction.

No bag limits
Season is open all year for coyotes except sundays
Report online

And to do that you'll need a hunting license.

Just shoot it.

A 22 to the head will get them too. But now it's a rifle, 10 acres required unless you keep your mouth shut.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:59:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Text sent. I may be able to help you out.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Borrow a crossbow and a shovel.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Technically if you are protecting family,pets and livestock it's not "hunting".

Would you go home and get your bird gun if a pitbull was mauling your lap dog?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:15:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:49:49 PM EDT
[#10]
.22 mag will work.......so I've heard.

Got them down here too.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Technically if you are protecting family,pets and livestock it's not "hunting".

View Quote
no, but if they were rummaging around and getting close and a good shot was available, i wouldnt hesitate using my 12g with my coyote choke with my #4 buck. good patterns to 80 yards guaranteed.
if not use a 22.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:01:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

no, but if they were rummaging around and getting close and a good shot was available, i wouldnt hesitate using my 12g with my coyote choke with my #4 buck. good patterns to 80 yards guaranteed.
if not use a 22.
View Quote
As would I. I'd use a suppressor as well.  

The win 42gr subsonic hollow points, I think it's powermax or something, is my go to round for the limits of a 22lr. That thing has made some spectacular kills on large Coons for me.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:08:27 PM EDT
[#13]
You can call DEEP and explain the situation and what your options are vis a vis hunting.  Some guys have correctly mentioned licenses, season, room required, etc.

If you decide to honor the longstanding tradition of bad advice on the CTHTF by doing something.....how can I put it without resorting to confusing legalese...ah yes, something incredibly fucking stupid then at least do me and more importantly yourself a huge favor and keep it off a public internet site.  I can guarantee you that should you take some of their pithy comments to heart and get caught, they will not be sitting in the cell beside you.  They never are.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:08:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

As would I. I'd use a suppressor as well.  

The win 42gr subsonic hollow points, I think it's powermax or something, is my go to round for the limits of a 22lr. That thing has made some spectacular kills on large Coons for me.
View Quote
i head those are awesome

winchester HE's are good too same with CCI stingers, those drop deer like a bag of dicks, i mean, coyotes. from what im told
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:14:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You can call DEEP and explain the situation and what your options are vis a vis hunting.  Some guys have correctly mentioned licenses, season, room required, etc.

If you decide to honor the longstanding tradition of bad advice on the CTHTF by doing something.....how can I put it without resorting to confusing legalese...ah yes, something incredibly fucking stupid then at least do me and more importantly yourself a huge favor and keep it off a public internet site.  I can guarantee you that should you take some of their pithy comments to heart and get caught, they will not be sitting in the cell beside you.  They never are.
View Quote
But I will gladly bring some McDonalds and give you a lift home when you get out!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
You must be a hoot at parties.

Op, I'm usually a live and let live guy, until it fucks with my shit. Coyote touches my wiener dog and I'll shank it to death if I have to.  I have boot stomped (well Croc stomped) Coons eating my birds and harassing my bunny.  

By any means necessary I will go. But you gotta use your head.  I don't know where u live, I don't know your neighbors.  At my house I could set a claymore and the only complaint id get from my neighbor is I didn't video it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey pals.  I know someone who knows someone who hates someone.  Please give advise how to dispatch and dispose of this someone.  The internet is secret.  Even the NSA doesn't know about it, so nothing you write will be seen by anyone.  /END SARCASM

I can't believe people ask people on the internet how to do illegal stuff.  

Now let me get back to my meth lab.........
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
I know some people love those things, but they scare the shit out of me.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#19]
50bmg............    if your going to get rid of it...... get rid of it
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:53:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm not scared of most dogs, cautious, but never scared. Maybe cause I grew up in a dog kennel, with hundreds of different dogs a year.  

But it, like people, depends on the individual dog.  I've had two dogs come close In trying to eat me. Both large aggressive breeds which played well to their advantage. But all in all I've been attacked by more small dogs than anything else.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:05:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bird gun? Why does it scare you?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:34:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
So strange, I wouldn't expect an old hard ass like you to be such a pussy about bird guns. 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:03:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You must be a hoot at parties.
View Quote
Actually, I am the party.

First I'm the dag killer and when I try to keep someone from possibly fucking up, I'm the party pooper.  I can't win.

In all seriousness, I have enough things on my plate and being the Internet police isn't one of them.  I just don't want to see someone here get jammed up for something that is easy to do right.  I don't think anyone would argue that coyotes are nasty, evil assholes and I would certainly light one up myself if my pets were being attacked.  There's a lot of variables in play.  I'm just saying be smart, that's all.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:06:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

So strange, I wouldn't expect an old hard ass like you to be such a pussy about bird guns. 
View Quote
Is that another hint of viscous goo conndcj is so fond of dripping down my screen?   (Sarcasm!  Sarcasm!....  NOT jizz)
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:35:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Not saying to do it but I've heard people are having success taking yotes with a .30 or .35 cal air rifle I think it's called Hatsan Carnivore
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:51:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Not saying to do it but I've heard people are having success taking yotes with a .30 or .35 cal air rifle I think it's called Hatsan Carnivore
View Quote
Some airguns are very badass, I met a guy on the range who had a custom built one. I was ringing steal at 375 yards. It blew my mind.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:44:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Was his airgun a breakbarrel or did it have some type of tank?  That seems awesome!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:57:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Was his airgun a breakbarrel or did it have some type of tank?  That seems awesome!
View Quote
It had a chamber similar to a bolt action and a big air tank connected by hose. His goal is to get to 1,000 yards. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:19:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Strap on the propeller and parachute death trap you have and grab a suppressed SBR and some Tannerite. Then fly around shooting and tossing Tannerite grenades until you get the coyote.

If you are going to do something illegal make it memorable!

There are provisions for farmers to protect livestock and crops. I am not sure what they are but a call to the Department of Agriculture should get you some answers.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It had a chamber similar to a bolt action and a big air tank connected by hose. His goal is to get to 1,000 yards. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those are PCP air rifles and they are not cheap for a good one. Have a break barrel one I picked up at my LGS for 100 bucks and turns out it goes for 1200 Beeman RX-2 .22 cal
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:26:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Those are PCP air rifles and they are not cheap for a good one. Have a break barrel one I picked up at my LGS for 100 bucks and turns out it goes for 1200 Beeman RX-2 .22 cal
View Quote
I forget what this guy had into his, but it was a lot. It had a Gen II Razor on it, those go for $2600. Nice score you got!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:13:28 AM EDT
[#32]
what the fuck is going on in here
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:29:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Hey pals.  I know someone who knows someone who hates someone.  Please give advise how to dispatch and dispose of this someone.  The internet is secret.  Even the NSA doesn't know about it, so nothing you write will be seen by anyone.  /END SARCASM

I can't believe people ask people on the internet how to do illegal stuff.  

Now let me get back to my meth lab.........
View Quote
I think you might have the wrong thread. I don't recall anyone asking how to do anything illegally.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:15:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Strap on the propeller and parachute death trap you have and grab a suppressed SBR and some Tannerite. Then fly around shooting and tossing Tannerite grenades until you get the coyote.

If you are going to do something illegal make it memorable!

There are provisions for farmers to protect livestock and crops. I am not sure what they are but a call to the Department of Agriculture should get you some answers.
View Quote
I could fly around the property and piss around the fence lines to establish dominance. Then I can use my newly indoctrined coyote pack to take over the neighborhood. Khaleesi  and her Dragons will have nothing on me!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I think you might have the wrong thread. I don't recall anyone asking how to do anything illegally.
View Quote
It's conndcj's fault!  I was trying to kiss his ass by following his lead.  I need a friend in the government.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It's conndcj's fault!  I was trying to kiss his ass by following his lead.  I need a friend in the government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After all the DA insults you are now trying to be ConnDCJ's friend?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Trolling knows no allegiance! 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:45:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Try he may, succeed he will not. (please use Yoda voice when reading that.  Thank you)

Anyway, most (except for two maybe) have mellowed out over the years.  It's nothing I can't handle.

Besides, if I ever "outed" the NUMEROUS members who talk a mean smack game openly then IM me for a problem they have, you would be amazed.  Maybe someday.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Besides, if I ever "outed" the NUMEROUS members who talk a mean smack game openly then IM me for a problem they have, you would be amazed.  Maybe someday.
View Quote
Oh oh.....  shush!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:42:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Try an electronic predator call. You can get em cheap. Nobody gives a shit if you shoot a coyote. Just make sure it's really a coyote and not your neighbors dog.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Don't even need to buy a call.  App on your phone and a Bluetooth speaker.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:46:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Group8 is still mad at people shooting salt out of a shotgun.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:25:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
19th Century Less Lethal rounds, good old rock salt. Do you still have any Cav?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:55:07 PM EDT
[#47]
"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

Ben Franklin
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:31:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The salt rusted out the barrel on his blunderbuss...

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:04:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
We're talking about machinegunning coyotes with suppressors after dark.

Go away.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:37:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Go away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go away.
You forgot to add while hunting over bait on a sunday

Ooo and on a 1/4 acre lot
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top