Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2017 10:26:15 PM EDT
Looking at taking a class in Conn with an AR from out of state is this possible?
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 10:54:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking at taking a class in Conn with an AR from out of state is this possible?
View Quote
you can't
Unless you previously registered it as an assault weapon here in Ct prior to our AWB. you can not bring it here to train with. If you are a Leo - you can. Military as well.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 11:11:17 PM EDT
[#2]
If you take a class with a friend who is a resident you can use one of his guns, I think?
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 5:55:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is the AR a "preban"? In other words was the AR manufactured PRIOR to September 13, 1994? And if it was is it on the banned by name list?

If it is not on the band by name list in the link above and was manufactured prior to 9/13/94 it might be possible/legal (depending on how one interprets the stupid laws) to bring the AR in. Anything manufactured after that date would need to have been registered with the state prior to 1/1/14 (certain exemptions apply). Any firearm consitered an assault weapon by the state has to be transported in a specific manor.

Also, keep in mind magazines holding more than 10 rounds are also banned here now (again, certain exemptions apply). No such thing as "preban" magazines.

Also, keep in mind you cannot buy ammunition or ammunition magazines in CT unless you have one of the state issued permits/certificates.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Might be worth checking to see if the company hosting the training can provide you with a firearm, that way you can avoid any issues.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:58:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Might be worth checking to see if the company hosting the training can provide you with a firearm, that way you can avoid any issues.
View Quote
Ended up doing the above great class learned a  lot in the short time.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 7:23:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Might I ask what class did you take and who put it on?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 8:57:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Thunderdome (Low light pistol and rifle) at King33
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 9:29:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thunderdome (Low light pistol and rifle) at King33
View Quote
That's a bitchin class.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 3:27:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's a bitchin class.
View Quote
There is another one Sunday.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I've said it multiple times, I need to get some training!
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 4:53:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've said it multiple times, I need to get some training!
View Quote
We all do, sadly I burned most of my training budget for the year in only six days  at Sig Academy in May

By far the best training I've taken.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top