Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2006 5:46:33 PM EDT
I was driving through Middletown and decided to just pop in at Cubeta's. Wow, what happened, there was nothing there. The shelves were bare.  I had heard that there was an ownership change but holy cow I don't see that place staying open for very long looking like that.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah - I thought the same thing.

I was there two weeks ago and decided to stop in, as there was an MVA and traffic on 66.  Felt like an episode of the Twilight Zone in there.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#2]
*cringe*

Long story... including some very underhanded actions by a certain person who was working there.  

To sum up the inventory shortage:  they have no credit and thus can't order anything.  That's the quick and easy version.

New England Outfitters in Wallingford is their sister store.  I really hope Cubetas doesn't bring them down thanks to one (that I know of) jackass.  

Cubetas doesn't have a whole lot to offer us anyway.  The last EBR I saw there was a Vulcan.  

Go to Newington Gun Exchange... they always have what I need.    Hell, they even have SA .308 right now.

- BG
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:43:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Go to Newington Gun Exchange... they always have what I need.    Hell, they even have SA .308 right now.

I stopped in the other day to slobber on the USR that's in there.

I hadn't been there in months.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:01:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Last time I was there, was 9 months ago hard to pop in from Wisconsin, I stopped in yesterday and thought the same thing, WOW. That sucks, That has always been my favorite gun store , I hope it works out ok, even if I do live 1200 miles away
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I stopped in the other day to slobber on the USR that's in there.

I hadn't been there in months.

I was going to ask if I could fondle it but they know damn well I can't afford it.  

- BG
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:09:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
*cringe*

Long story... including some very underhanded actions by a certain person who was working there.  

To sum up the inventory shortage:  they have no credit and thus can't order anything.  That's the quick and easy version.

New England Outfitters in Wallingford is their sister store.  I really hope Cubetas doesn't bring them down thanks to one (that I know of) jackass.  

Cubetas doesn't have a whole lot to offer us anyway.  The last EBR I saw there was a Vulcan.  

- BG

Please share the details. If people think the owners and employees are decent, I'll go there and spend some money.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:05:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I stopped in there about a month ago.

I didn't even realize till I left that the sign now says "New England Stream and Field".

Walked in and the place was basically empty compared to before.

I asked what happened in a very polite manner...and the dickhead behind counter just gave me attitude and nothing else.
I asked if he had some .45 ACP carry ammo...they didn't. His response was "NOPE"??!! That's it!
I wanted to check out a couple recently released (within 6 months) handguns\shotguns...no dice there either. And another "nope"!
Didn't apologize, didn't say they would be getting anything in soon...just "nope"...WTF!

Bottom line...I could deal with the fact that they were out of a few things and maybe going through a rough transition. I might even patronize them a little more because of their fairly good history...but not when you treat customers like crap.

It was never my favorite store, but they had a pretty good selection, not awful prices, and some of the guys were pretty good. One in particular (I think Chris) was really knowledgeable on the older military stuff.

Oh well, I doubt they'll be around much longer if they don't change their tune.

Jon
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
*cringe*

- BG

Please share the details. If people think the owners and employees are decent, I'll go there and spend some money.

As I understand it, the offending fellow is no longer associated with the business.  What they need to do is get their credit squared away and actually order some new inventory.

But, I have to admit...  I've never liked them.  My favorite person there is actually the woman who works behind the check-out area.   Yolanda, I think her name is.   Very sweet lady!

Anyway, I'm not going to post any more "details" unless I make some phone calls and verify the stuff first.  I'm trying to remember the details from months ago and now it is just plain fuzzy.

- BG
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:26:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
*cringe*

- BG

As I understand it, the offending fellow is no longer associated with the business.  What they need to do is get their credit squared away and actually order some new inventory.

But, I have to admit...  I've never liked them.  My favorite person there is actually the woman who works behind the check-out area.   Yolanda, I think her name is.   Very sweet lady!

Anyway, I'm not going to post any more "details" unless I make some phone calls and verify the stuff first.  I'm trying to remember the details from months ago and now it is just plain fuzzy.

- BG

OK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top