Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/2/2006 9:09:21 PM EDT
looking for a CCW class right off any suggestions?

thanks
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:30:47 AM EDT
What part of the state are you in? Depending on your town, you may not need a CCW class for a permit if you can convince them you have sufficient experience/training already. If you were in the military or had a CCW from another state you should be all set. I applied in my town and it went through the Board of Selectmen or something similar.

www.packing.org/state/maine/
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:50:11 AM EDT
beagle is right...i live in northern aroostook and i got mine with no problem because im prior military.....just went to the police chief and applied...paid the cost (45 bucks)and 4 weeks later i had it......had to wait for a background check.....once you get it dont let it expire laws change all the time
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:39:47 AM EDT
if you are around augusta capitol city has the classes all the time and they are affordable around 40.00 to do the handgun safty class with a nra instructor when I did it was in a hurry and didnt scope it out and cost me 75.00 but was the best dollars spent in quite some time turnaround to get the permit was 2 weeks then i moved to another city and that took 4 weeks to get my permei back and that sucked
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:42:49 AM EDT
where abouts in augusta? i live 5 miles from agusta in GArdiner but i dont know where to go in Augusta?

thnaks guys and let me know more imformation
i have 6 guys now that want to take a course and need one asap

thanks
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:15:03 PM EDT
The Sun journal says it in the guns section.
Top Top