Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 7:50:27 PM EDT
I have found a Bushmaster manufature date 7-1-94
I just want to ask the guys here that are sure that this would be legal to
buy from some one in florida and to have shipped here.
It has a 6 position stock . As far as I know in the state laws anything manufactured prior
to September 13, 1994 is a preban? So would this be legal to have shipped here
and have a collapsible stock with bayonet lug on.
These laws sometimes in CT give me a headache
any help would be very appreciated.
Also on the assault weapons list the book list Bushmaster Auto Rifle in the same list
As COLT  AR15  or Sporter. Did they classifiy the Bushy now with the Colt so even though it is
preban it would not be legal.

thanks for any help
jim
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:59:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Ask for a serial number and then email bushmaster. They will then reply with the status of the lower. It may take a day or two for them to reply. I guess you can call them too. Hope this helps...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:41:06 AM EDT
[#2]
The Only Bushmaster model specific  rifle that is banned is the old bullpup model from the 1980s

HOWEVER...............

YOUR Bushmaster date is 7-1-94

Made after the CT AW ban effective date of 10-1-93; therefore, it CANNOT have "evil features".

You can't go by the fed ban date. Remember, CT's AW ban was passed the year BEFORE the fed ban.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:25:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Made after the CT AW ban effective date of 10-1-93; therefore, it CANNOT have "evil features".

Not true.  Read 53-202m:

Sec. 53-202m. Circumstances when assault weapons exempt from limitations on transfers and registration requirements. Notwithstanding any provision of the general statutes, sections 53-202a to 53-202l, inclusive, shall not be construed to limit the transfer or require the registration of an assault weapon as defined in subdivision (3) or (4) of subsection (a) of section 53-202a, provided such firearm was legally manufactured prior to September 13, 1994.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:26:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks , for the info everyone.
So I guess this is good to go with the 7-1-94 manufacture date
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:50:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The Only Bushmaster model specific  rifle that is banned is the old bullpup model from the 1980s

HOWEVER...............

You can't go by the fed ban date. Remember, CT's AW ban was passed the year BEFORE the fed ban.

To clarify, as Racer pointed out, the "BAN BY LIST" applies post 10-1-93, the "BAN BY FEATURE" applies post 9-13-94.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#6]
So I can sell my Preban Manufactured on 9-7-94 Bushmaster Lower serial # L0012xx to a CT resident and they can them put evil accessories on it?  

RD
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#7]
yes, how much do you want??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top