Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/3/2006 4:03:12 AM EDT
I took the afternoon of the 18th off with the intention of attending the anti-gun meeting where their legislative strategy for 2006 will be unveiled.

Any pro-gunners planning to attend even if only to monitor? Hopefully a good showing will show the anti gun appeasing politicians their plans won't fly. Let's all check in

See the sticky post about anti gunners coming to Hartford. I see the post has been read almost 200 times in the past week.

Count me in for attending !

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:58:10 PM EDT
where and when?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:44:52 PM EDT
Details?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:07:51 AM EDT
Posted on the sticky above - ANTIS MEETING IN HARTFORD

When: Jan 18th Wednesday at 4:00 pm

Where: Lyceum Conference Center - 227 Lawrence St. Hartford (860)-244-0077

Who: CT Against Gun Violence (www.cagv.org) along with Mayor Eddie Perez (Hartford); Chief Francisco Ortiz, (New Haven, CT Police chief) and a retired(?) ATF(E) agent speaking on their
panel of "experts"

Cosponsored by the usual list of local civic and religious organizations with anti-gun agendas

Expect legislators to be there to unveil their gun banning plans for 2006.

Q&A forum follows presentations open to anyone "concerned"

Light refreshments reported available

Conference center has parking for about 60 to 65 cars

Let's get a contingent of pro gunners there !!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:00:19 AM EDT
That's right around the corner from my office. I plan on making it. Any other CCW's going to show up ?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:01:46 AM EDT
Tag. I might just go.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:51:25 PM EDT
Forward from Bob Crook's e-mail (CT Coalition of Sportsmen)

Directions: From I-91 N&S CAPITOL AREA Exit; Merge onto WHITEHEAD HWY; Enter next roundabout and take 2nd exit onto ELM ST.; Turn LEFT onto TRINITY ST.; turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto CAPITOL AVE; Turn LEFT onto LAWRENCE ST. (Close to the Capitol/LOB)

CT Against Gun Violence invites you to a
Legislative Forum:
Defining Solutions to Gun Violence

Wednesday, January 18, 2005
4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
The Lyceum Resource & Conference Center
227 Lawrence St., Hartford CT

Panel Presentations:
Brian Malte, State Legislative Director, Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
Mayor Eddie Perez, City of Hartford
Chief Francisco Ortiz, City of New Haven
Joe Vince, President, Crime Gun Solutions; former Chief, Firearms Division, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives
Ron Pinciaro, Co-Executive Director, CT Against Gun Violence

Responder Panel:
Senator Andrew McDonald, Co-Chair, Judiciary Committee
Representative Michael Lawlor, Co-Chair, Judiciary Committee
Representative Robert Farr, Ranking Member, Judiciary Committee
Representative James Spallone, Judiciary Committee
Senator Andrea Stillman, Co-Chair, Public Safety Committee
Representative Ken Green, Member, Judiciary Committee

Questions from the Audience

Co-sponsors of this event:

A Better Way Foundation
The Alliance
Communities Against Drugs
CT Catholic Conference
CT Children's Medical Center
CT Coalition Against Domestic Violence
CT League of Women Voters
CT Parent Teacher Association
CT Police Chiefs Association
CT State Medical Society
NAACP of Connecticut
National Association of Social Workers-CT Chapter
National Council of Jewish Women-CT Chapter
People Against Injustice, New Haven
Urban League of Greater Hartford

Please RSVP your attendance to:
Lisa Labella, lisa@cagv.org, 203-268-3050
James Desantos, James@bettygallo.com, 860-247-4322

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:59:50 PM EDT
It's good to see that Representative Ken Green of Beacon Falls will be there. He's on OUR SIDE
and a member of the responders panel
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:24:00 AM EDT
I have one other definite attendee coming with me.

Spread the word to your local clubs this weekend! Let's get the room filled with pro-gunners!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:44:44 AM EDT
Ok, so far we have FOUR people going inluding myself. Any feedback from gun clubs and stores?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:47:08 AM EDT
I will make tentative plans to go, but don't like the parking arrangements. Perhaps we can all meet at the LOB or something (where parking is safe and free) and carpool from there?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:42:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:
I will make tentative plans to go, but don't like the parking arrangements. Perhaps we can all meet at the LOB or something (where parking is safe and free) and carpool from there?

It's only a short walk.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:52:24 PM EDT
#%@^. I go out of state on the 14th. Wish I could go... and I encourage anyone who can to do so.

With a state AWB already in place, whatever they are thinking up is going to be ugly.

- BG
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:58:34 AM EDT
Tag. Keep this near the top until the 18th. Spread the word to all CT shooters, gun clubs, gun stores, etc.

Remember, this is a sponsored event with a response forum - this is a BETTER opportunity for us to
refute and counter attack anti gun arguments than is a public hearing which is typically given one to three days notice, and you sit for 4-8 hours waiting for your turn to speak for THREE minutes to a row of empty seats.

We should be filling a bus to invade these commie freedom hating gun banning jerks and show them
that we're not just going to sit by and let a bunch of glory seeking politicians and anti gun soccer moms
determine OUR rights to keep, bear and ENJOY firearms
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:02:53 PM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:41:15 AM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:41:33 AM EDT
I'm going to take a walk over there from work at 4.

FRS 10/10 to meet up at 3:50?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:40:06 AM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:21:09 AM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:54:47 AM EDT
tag - coming down to the wire here - - any more attendees?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:28:04 PM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:55:58 AM EDT
Tag for one more day.....

Looks like there will be two or three of us from arfcom there to monitor and refute the anti-freedom
dictatorship.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:50:01 PM EDT
Meeting up? Where/When?

I'd rather not be surrounded by antis in there.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:19:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/17/2006 5:45:41 PM EDT by steveinct]
I'm thinking just show up at the parking lot about 15-20 minutes before. Maybe a half hour - 3:30 pm

227 Lawrence St. Hartford

Lyceum Conference Center

860-244-0077

It's behind and fairly close to the Legislative Office Bldg (LOB) If taking I-91 in, traffic shouldn't be too bad getting INTO Hartford at that time. Traffic getting OUT of Hartford is a nightmare between 4pm and 6pm. I-84 is a different story, 84 sucks no matter when you travel through Hartford , east or west bound near the city
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:22:52 PM EDT
If anyone needs a reference point, why not HOFFMAN's on the Berlin Tpke? It's about ten minutes souuth of Hartford. Maybe we can rendezvous at Hoffman's Gun Center first, about 3:00pm or 3:15pm
then trek it up to Hartford merging onto I-91 North and getting off on Capitol Ave (exit 29) left hand exit, go round the circle and 2d (??) left goes to Elm (you can see the dome of the Capitol from there)
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:36:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/17/2006 5:38:15 PM EDT by steveinct]
From Bob Crook of CCS:

Many have asked: Do we have any CCS/NRA members/supporters attending? We have had some state they will. "The public is invited to attend." This should be an eye-opener for many gunowners who have not heard the rhetoric. Their general theme is All Firearms Can Kill and an indicator of their FINAL Solution. Obviously, gunowners are concerned about the BROAD questions asked below - the real questions are: What are the causes, who are the actors, how can illegal sale/use be controlled without impacting law-abiding gunowners? We believe law-enforcement is the key, not more restrictive laws. Will they support increased investigation, arrest, prosecution, sentencing under the plethora of current CT gun laws? Will they lobby to expand through appropriations the CT State Police Gun Traficking Task Force? Will they support Gang Task Forces which seriously deminished the early 90's gun problems? Gangs ARE the current problem! Will they lobby to remove CT gun laws proven ineffective such as long-gun waiting periods, "Assault Weapons", Lifetime firearm purchase/ownership prohibition on certain misdemeanor convictions? Are they searching for better gun laws OR their gun laws?

I cannot make this meeting due to Sunday Hunting briefings being held at clubs. We would urge you to attend this Anti-Gun Forum. Visit their website http://www.cagv.org then compare positions on the Coalition website www.ctsportsmen.com under "Legislation -Other bills" particularly H.B. No. 6657 and GUNS 05 Legislative Session under "Hot Issues (06/09/05" for our positions. When reading this, consider what a $500 fine, a misdemeanor, would do to those with Permits to Carry or attempting to get a permit - would they be considered suitable?
Please dress/act appropriately.

The next part is from the CAGV (anti-gun) website

PLEASE READ, ATTEND and FORWARD this WIDELY!

Are you concerned about escalating gun violence in your community?

* Do you want to be sure that guns are kept out of the hands of criminals?

* Are you worried about keeping our urban centers safe?

If you answered YES to ANY of these questions, then

HELP KEEP OUR COMMUNITIES, OUR FAMILIES, and OUR CHILDREN SAFE from gun violence!

And come to
A Legislative Forum:
"Defining Solutions to Gun Violence"
WHEN: January 18th at 4:00
WHERE: Ly! ceum Conference Center, 227 Lawrence St., Hartford, CT
(This is a new date & time.)
This forum will include brief presentations by state and national experts on gun safety legislation - what's working. A responder panel of legislators will then help to frame the discussion in terms of possible legislation for the 2006 CT General Assembly legislative session.

Speakers:
Brian Malte -State Legislative Director, Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
Joe Vince -President, Crime Gun Solutions; former Chief, Firearms Division, Bureau of
alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives
Mayor Eddie Perez -City of Hartford
Chief Francisco Ortiz -C! ity of New Haven
Ron Pinciaro -Co-Executive Director, CT Against Gun Violence

*** Complimentary light appetizers will be provided.***

Sponsored by CT Against Gun Violence in collaboration with:
A Better Way Foundation
The Alliance
Communities Against Drugs
CT Against Gun Violence
CT Catholic Conference
CT Children's Medical Center
CT Coalition Against Domestic Violence
CT Parent Teacher Association
CT Police Chiefs Association
CT State Medical Society
League of Wo! men Voters
National Council of Jewish Women, Connecticut
NAACP, CT Chapter
NASW, CT Chapter
Urban League of Greater Hartford
We will send out more details soon!
RSVP / Questions:
Lisa Labella: lisa@cagv.org, or Ron Pinciaro: ronpinciaro@aol.com
To learn more about our issue and be added to our e-mai! l list please visit the CT Against Gun Violence website at http://www.cagv.org. If you would like to be removed from our email list please send a message from the address you received this message at to Unsubscribe.
This e-mail communication is provided to users of CT Against Gun Violence's Online Action Center to keep you informed of breaking news, legislative developments, and when you should take action. To comment on this service please e-mail us at info@cagv.org.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:42:09 PM EDT
Directions to The Lyceum Print E-mail

Directions to The Lyceum

227 Lawrence Street
Hartford, CT 06106

Traveling 84 East (toward Boston)
I-84 East to exit 48B Capitol Ave. Take a Right at the end of the exit onto Capitol Ave. Follow Capitol Ave. to the 3rd traffic light. Take a Left onto Lawrence Street. The Lyceum is about half way down the first block on the right side. It is a large, brick three-story building.

Traveling 84 West (toward Hartford/Waterbury)
I-84 West to exit 48 (Asylum Ave). Take a wide Right turn off of exit onto Asylum Ave. Immediately bear Left onto Farmington Avenue. Follow Farmington Ave. to the second light. Take a Left onto Flower Street. Follow to Capitol Ave. Go Straight across Capitol Ave. onto Lawrence Street. The Lyceum is about half way down the first block on the right side. It is a large, brick three-story building.

Traveling 91 South (toward New Haven)
I-91 South to I-84 West. Follow directions from I-84 West above.

Traveling 91 North (toward Windsor Locks)
I-91 North to I-84 West. Follow directions from I-84 West above.

PDF with map is available here.
[ Back ]
L
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:13:37 AM EDT
With this weather, it isn't looking good on my end. Practically half of all roads around here have trees down and the power is out all over the place.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:24:19 PM EDT
Soooo...who went?
Top Top