Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2003 6:47:07 AM EDT
A few months ago someone posted info on a CT dealer who was offering a good deal on AR15 receivers. I recall asking where the dealer was located, but the info has scrolled off my ability to find it (>30 days).

Could someone please post the who, what and where info on this deal? I may find myself in SW CT some day next month and it may pay for me to make a side-trip.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 3:59:08 PM EDT
Hoffman's in Newington on the Berlin Turnpike. I will be up there tomorrow, if you would like to check on them.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 7:05:44 PM EDT
Racer,

If you would check on what they are, how much and their hours I'd appreciate it.

It's likely that if I get up there, it will have to be on a Sunday later this month, if they are open. Otherwise, I'd have to make some special plans on stopping there on a Friday (if I can get down there that early) on my way down to CT.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 9:45:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/1/2003 1:14:38 PM EDT by racer934]
Len;

When I picked up mine, they were 150.00 for the upper and lower. They are manufactured by www.continentalmachinetool.com/firearms.html. I built two ARs from the stripped lowers (one with the upper pair) and satisfied with the results. If you are in SW CT and want to see them, I can arrange that as I live in SW CT. Shoot me an IM.

Hoffman's is open M-F 9a-8p Sat 9a-6p Sun 11a-5pm

Edit to add: Went to Hoffman's this morning. The price is still the same, 150 for the pair, 80 for a single reciever (upper or lower). The only problem is they have 6 left. They plan on bringing in more, but not sure when.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 4:26:46 PM EDT
I called Hoffman's this afternoon and learned that CT law requires a person who does not hold a CT CCW to meet a 14-day waiting period . . . even to buy a striped receiver.

So, no point in pursuing this idea any further.

BTW: If anyone knows the owner of packing.org, please advise him that any attempt to get state info leads to a "crashed page" with code only on it. I tried it with both IE and Netscape so it doesn't look product-specific. Can't find a link to his Email address from the top page (which comes thru fine).
Top Top