Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2003 7:02:09 AM EDT
Just a reminder for those that may be interested...KT Ordnance will be having their next BIY BBQ the weekend of 5/23-26 in Southern NH.

They will be concentrating on building the 1911. Anyone who may be interested in this is welcome (It only costs a donation of $5 to cover costs of hotdogs/hamburgers/etc.)

KT has all the machinery necessary to help you complete the machining of your 1911 80% frame, along with the expertise you assist you. There is no charge for the use of the equipment.

More information is available at the link above, or you can visit Roderus Custom Gun Forums.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Where can we get the frames and how much?Do we need to bring a slide to match when cutting the rails?
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:08:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Sweet!  Wish I knew about this earlier.  I suppose it's probably too late to get an 80% frame somewhere then?

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:57:42 AM EDT
[#3]
KT Ordnance sells 1911 frames. Link is above, and prices are posted, don't know about current availablility. His frames are machined from 2 blocks of steel and brazed together. I have one of his SIG P228 frames and a 1911.

Also, www.tanneryshop.com, but I don't know what they have in stock. (Owner was called up for Iraq, but National Ordnance is handling the business until he returns. Phone number is on Tannery Shop's home page. I believe they carry both forged and cast frames.

You don't need to bring the slide, although bringing it won't hurt. If you don't bring it, you may have to file/lap the rails a little to fit, which isn't a bad thing.

I've been to a couple of his BBQ's and bought a few frames from him and machined them. Not related to the business...just passing the word.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:59:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Thanks for the info Neilfj.  Looks like he'll be having another BIY BBQ in August that's going to be to build whatever you'd like.  Think I'll just wait for that one.  That should give me enough time to find a frame as well as any other parts that I'll need rather than rushing everything at the last minute.

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:29:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Shameless bump to remind anyone who is interested in attending.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top