Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2017 7:43:32 PM EDT
what types of shooting facilities are around there?

indoor/outdoor, skeet/sporting clays, rifle  ranges with some yardage ( maybe 600, tops).
are automatic knives legal in OK yet? I remember some pending legislation from last year.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:22:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been here since september of last year and I havn't been to any ranges yet to pull the trigger.  There isn't anything like I left back in texas that's for sure.  
H&H has an indoor range as does Wilshire Gun Club.  I've been to Fouled Bore near Ninnekah just to look around, I think that one goes out to 1200 yards or something like that.  There is an outdoor range that runs out to 200 yards south of I-40 around banner road between ElReno and Yukon, I can hear them shooting on a still day at work.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
what types of shooting facilities are around there?

indoor/outdoor, skeet/sporting clays, rifle  ranges with some yardage ( maybe 600, tops).
are automatic knives legal in OK yet? I remember some pending legislation from last year.
View Quote

H&H indoor range is all that I know about in OKC. I'm sure more members from that area will chime in shortly.

Yes, auto knives are legal in Oklahoma.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:08:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In addition to those already mentioned, there's also
Big Boys (Mustang, indoor)
OKC Gun Club (Arcadia, outdoor, private but has everything)
Tri-City Gun Club (Norman, outdoor)

And I think there is an indoor range in Norman and maybe a skeet range, but I don't know the names.
View Quote
cool.
thanks to everyone.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 3:20:06 AM EDT
[#5]
There is Silverleaf Shotgun southeast of Guthrie. Check their website because a couple of years ago they went semi private with public days on the weekends. I haven't been in a while so I don't know for sure if their public days have changed or not. They have sporting clays, 5 stand, skeet, trap/wobble trap (Dad and I used to frequent the wobble trap from the upper deck, mainly because it was the only one he could compete with me on ).

Wilshire is my favorite indoor range in the area. 25 & 35 yard pistol ranges and a 100 yard rifle range. Last time I went the 100 yard range needed some TLC but it's usable and their ventilation is far better than H&H.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:26:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There is Silverleaf Shotgun southeast of Guthrie. Check their website because a couple of years ago they went semi private with public days on the weekends. I haven't been in a while so I don't know for sure if their public days have changed or not. They have sporting clays, 5 stand, skeet, trap/wobble trap (Dad and I used to frequent the wobble trap from the upper deck, mainly because it was the only one he could compete with me on ).

Wilshire is my favorite indoor range in the area. 25 & 35 yard pistol ranges and a 100 yard rifle range. Last time I went the 100 yard range needed some TLC but it's usable and their ventilation is far better than H&H.
View Quote
Dayum, you must make fat stacks yo, to afford shooting at Wilshire.  Mad props yo.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:46:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Dayum, you must make fat stacks yo, to afford shooting at Wilshire.  Mad props yo.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. It's not the cheapest, but if you're not buying your ammo there it isn't that pricey. My favorite cheap place to shoot is Lexington WMA range. I don't suggest going there alone though.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:58:22 PM EDT
[#8]
It sounds like there are places to shoot a little of everything, so I'll bring a shotgun for clays along with my usual travel-pack of handguns and an AR.
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 7:17:40 AM EDT
[#9]
It looks like I'll be up there next week, up around the Tinker area.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 7:34:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Tinker means you'll be close to Gunworld in Del City. Don't go there (or do, if you just want the experience, Google it).
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 5:33:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I dunno, if a guy knows whats he's in for and just going for the entertainment, where's the harm?

my favorite was "no hassle Glock pricing, take the confusion out. Any Glock, Any model, Any Gen, $799, + tax."

pay for it up front, if your 4473 is declined, oops, no refund.

3000 FPS limit on the range, no AR's unless you buy our ammo which magically doesn't exceed 3k.

can't make up stuff like that.

anyway enough, it's been done and done, lotsa threads about them.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I've never been there but sounds entertaining.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 11:56:31 PM EDT
[#14]
OKC gun club...private, so excludes some of the tards and full of very serious shooters...membership fees are very reasonable given the facilities and its in one of the more beautiful areas okc
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 10:21:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Gun world sounds like an epic trolling opportunity.

Edit:
I drive past it today
I'll drop in and see how bad it is this week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top