Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2017 2:21:36 AM EDT
Anyone know of any decent places to shoot around the Pryor area?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:27:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:51:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Alpha Training Academy closed their range. Before that is was for class use only.

There's a place outside Locust Grove called Cedar Creek Range I think. It's out in the sticks. I can meet you in Pryor and take you out there of you want.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Alpha Training Academy is there.

2366 W 530 Rd, Pryor, OK 74361

http://www.alphatrainingacademy.com/

USSA is near Tulsa.

6500 E 66th St N, Tulsa, OK 74117

http://usshootingacademy.mobi/
View Quote
I've heard of Alpha but I don't know anything about it or who runs it. I've seen GSSF matches hosted there. I've heard kind of like what the other person above was saying though, that it's not open to the public.

I'm familiar with USSA. I was just curious if there was anything closer up this way. Thanks for the info though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:05:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Alpha Training Academy closed their range. Before that is was for class use only.

There's a place outside Locust Grove called Cedar Creek Range I think. It's out in the sticks. I can meet you in Pryor and take you out there of you want.
View Quote
I looked up Cedar Creek range. I would be interested in going out there. I met one of the people listed on that site many years ago and I've read his books. We both worked at Tulsa Police years ago and I'm pretty sure I've talked to him via amateur radio as well. PM me and we will work out a time to go out there.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:56:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Growing up in that area I could have pointed you to 1,000 fields you could just go shooting in.  Not so much any more, seems you have to know or be related to someone to do that these days.  Fortunately, being from the area, I know lots of people and am related to the rest (it IS Oklahoma), so I don't have much of a problem getting access when I visit.

GRDA property used to be where loads of people I knew went to shoot, hunt, or fish.  You might check to see if they still allow that on some of their properties.  It's also entirely possible it was never allowed and the people I knew just didn't care.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 12:31:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Growing up in that area I could have pointed you to 1,000 fields you could just go shooting in.  Not so much any more, seems you have to know or be related to someone to do that these days.  Fortunately, being from the area, I know lots of people and am related to the rest (it IS Oklahoma), so I don't have much of a problem getting access when I visit.

GRDA property used to be where loads of people I knew went to shoot, hunt, or fish.  You might check to see if they still allow that on some of their properties.  It's also entirely possible it was never allowed and the people I knew just didn't care.
View Quote
At least here in Oklahoma we try to keep the relationships to second cousins or first cousins if someone gets pregnant.  In Arkansas it's considered taboo to date a first cousin and only acceptable when one doesn't have a brother or sister of the necessary sex.  That way good hunting spots always stay in the immediate family no matter if you marry or not.  You end up with a lot of kids with tails and a penchant for banjos but it's worth it for the hunting land access.  You can always tell when you've crossed the border from Oklahoma to Arkansas because instead of introducing themselves as "This is my wife and her sister" it changes to "This is my wife and sister", it's an important difference lol.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 12:43:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Im still in the area,and everyone goes to wagoner public range,local LE will show up at the drop of a dime if your target practicing on private land to harrass you, but wont show up for crime now.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top