Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2017 6:08:47 PM EDT
Had anyone successfully haggled a pawn shop over the price of a gun, or anything for that matter? Or are they pretty well set on their prices?

Ive contemplated the idea of buying a pawn shop gun and I've seen some neat ones but some of the prices seemed a bit too close to retail for used guns. The few shops I went to I didn't see any Block Glock for less than 500. Most the shotguns I saw were 200 or over.

What say y'all?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Guns sell pretty well, I've been able to get the tag price as "out the door", basically they pay the sales tax but that's about it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:17:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:15:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Keep in mind that if they took it on pawn, they usually have about 1/3 of the price in it.
They should be willing to make a deal..
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#4]
And the longer it's been in inventory, the more likely they are to deal.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:07:19 AM EDT
[#5]
All the time.

And it doesn't hurt to ask.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:56:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a pawn shop I use for transfers and have bought guns off of. If they know you, they will give you a better deal. Find a gun you want, negotiate an out the door price, then do it. The following deals will get better the more frequent you buy. Tell them to call you if they get a certain gun in. If they do, you are going to start getting a discount.
The problem is old bastards like Dan get first shot at good deals because of a long term relationship or knowing the owner well. Some times they turn them foa profit and that pisses the pawn shops off.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#7]
(I was a member here for a long time years ago but my e-mail expired and I had to re-sign up. My old username OPinOKC was still in the system so I had to create a new one. Now to the question) I tried this twice in the last 6 months, both successfully. Once at Sooner Guns and Gold in Norman, not technically a pawn shop but a branch of Sooner State Pawn in OKC: Me "Do you have any flexibility on the price?" Them: "What's your offer?" Me: "$XXX" Them "OK" (Leaving me to think I should have said $XXX-Y$) and once a Circle D Pawn in Moore: Me "Do you have any flexibility on the price?" Them "You can have it for $XXX". Since $XXX was substantially below what I was prepared to offer, I said "Soild". Plus they threw in some extras. Moral of these stories: you can bargain, and knowing what you'd be willing to pay helps, but you don't know what they have in the piece and you can be surprised.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought a Lend Lease victory in 38S&W that was marked $299 for $150 a few months ago at an EZ pawn.  It had been there over a year.

Sometimes they will.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 11:22:10 AM EDT
[#9]
LOL , WATCH THAT DAN SHIT .......
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Some of the Gun shops are having a great sale today only for all Vets and active duty military, with proof of service.  Prices close to whole sale.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 6:39:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LOL , WATCH THAT DAN SHIT .......
View Quote
Screw that old fart!
He is an opinionated old fart but he has helped me.
My wife thinks the world of the old bastard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top