Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/30/2010 12:42:36 PM EDT
So deserving of our pride . . . . :-*

For only the second time in my adult life, I am not ashamed of my country.

I want to thank the hard working American people

for paying $242 thousand dollars plus additional expenses for my vacation in Spain.

My daughter Sasha, several long-time family friends, my personal staff and various guests had a wonderful time.

Honestly, you just haven't lived until you have stayed in a $2,500.00 per night suite at a 5-Star luxury hotel.

We only booked 70 rooms for our friends, staff and family.

Thank you also for the use of Air Force 2 and the 70 Secret Service personnel

who tagged along to be sure we were safe and cared for at all times.

Air Force 2 only used 47,500 gallons of jet fuel for this trip

and carbon emissions were a mere 1,031 tons of CO2.

It costs only $11,500 per hour to operate Air Force 2

and each additional plane for the other members of our party group.

These are only rough estimates, but they are close (who's counting?).

That's quite a carbon footprint as my good friend Al Gore would say,

so we must ask the American citizens to drive smaller, more fuel efficient cars and drive less too,

so we can lessen our combined carbon footprint.

I know times are hard and millions of you are struggling to put food on the table and trying to make ends meet.

I do appreciate your sacrifice and do hope you find work soon.

I was really exhausted after Barack took our family on a luxury vacation in Maine a few weeks ago.

I just had to get away for a few days.

Will write more from Martha's Vineyard

where we will spend our sixth vacation this year with more of our family and friends.

Cordially,

M. Obama

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 2:28:19 PM EDT
Off with her Head !!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 2:28:58 PM EDT
Dan, I was having such a good day not thinking about any of that. Thanks for the buzzkill.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:22:27 PM EDT
only the sixth vacation this year?

hell the president works even less than I do!
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:46:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 3:27:26 AM EDT
I can't remember any threads about government waste ever getting a lock warning as being inappropriate subject matter before and I don't see anything in the COC that applies.

Just sayin'
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 5:14:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Wingman26:
I'm getting complaints about this being an inappropriate subject, I'm not going to lock it at this time, but tread carefully.

Wow. Some people need to get a sense of humor and learn to live life a little bit less tightly wrapped.[://

On second thought, I say out the cry babies Wingman so we can publicly humiliate them
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:20:18 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Chucks1911:
Originally Posted By Wingman26:
I'm getting complaints about this being an inappropriate subject, I'm not going to lock it at this time, but tread carefully.

Wow. Some people need to get a sense of humor and learn to live life a little bit less tightly wrapped.[://

On second thought, I say out the cry babies Wingman so we can publicly humiliate them

Wait, let me get some popcorn first.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:26:03 AM EDT
Please lock it. I thought it funny and appropriate for the OKHTF but not the GD.
I don't want any problems for anyone else because of me.
Not that I don't resent this kind of BS but I've had my fill of it here.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 11:32:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/31/2010 11:32:30 AM EDT by Oaffensive]
I found it funny, and sad...and stole it, ha!
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 11:44:31 AM EDT
Did it now Dan , going to do a background check on you just like they did Joe the plumber, you told the truth and now the Obama lover

hate you. what happen to the 1st amendment freedom of type.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 3:51:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ar_daddy:
Did it now Dan , going to do a background check on you just like they did Joe the plumber, you told the truth and now the Obama lover

hate you. what happen to the 1st amendment freedom of type.

What I think someone got their birthday party started a little early.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 3:59:26 PM EDT
Have not had a drink in 19 yrs now they coming down on Wingman is just BS .
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 7:55:00 PM EDT
Truth is truth.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:41:35 PM EDT
Have not had a drink in 19 yrs now they coming down on Wingman is just BS .

It was probably just someone trolling the forum and hitting the report button to cause trouble. Dang Obama lovers.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 12:55:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2010 12:57:05 AM EDT by TwoBravo]

Or, OR, maybe someone was thinking that this was not the wisest thing to say in reference to the First Lady of the United States regardless of how you feel. Then again, I'm not that one who has to explain it to some alphabet soup agencies. Oh yeah, no whining when you go to purchase your next toy at the funshop and get denied for "no apparent reason".

The OP's post was just fine.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 3:12:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TwoBravo:

Or, OR, maybe someone was thinking that this was not the wisest thing to say in reference to the First Lady of the United States regardless of how you feel. Then again, I'm not that one who has to explain it to some alphabet soup agencies. Oh yeah, no whining when you go to purchase your next toy at the funshop and get denied for "no apparent reason".

Then let us never quote the Red Queen again in fear of retribution from the KGB.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:12:02 AM EDT

http://davehale.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Picture2.jpg

"When citizens fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the citizens, there is freedom"
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 11:06:55 AM EDT

They must move slow.
I bought an Encore frame yesterday and had no problem.
I'll know for sure from now on that any denial will be because of my post here.
That means I'm on another list.....
I sure make a lot of them.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 12:48:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By danc46:

They must move slow.
I bought an Encore frame yesterday and had no problem.
I'll know for sure from now on that any denial will be because of my post here.
That means I'm on another list.....
I sure make a lot of them.

At the very top of those lists is one that starts with the letter 'S'...
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 3:36:58 PM EDT

My Girlfrind is my First Lady , and Miss Obama no better they any of us , she not the Queen of the USA I was just following the main stream news calling her Marie Antoinette who had a date with the Guillotine, and I always think outside the box
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:04:08 PM EDT
To hell with that baboon faced bitch!!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:21:12 PM EDT

"When citizens fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the citizens, there is freedom"

didn't ben franklin say something along those same lines?

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:48:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Ndenway:

Someone did. That's the reason for the quotation marks.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:23:58 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Ndenway:

Someone did. That's the reason for the quotation marks.

my first thought was patrick henry, but he said "give me liberty, or give me death", so then I thought of old ben.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:34:47 PM EDT
Thomas Jefferson said it
Top Top