Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/30/2006 8:51:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/30/2006 8:56:17 PM EDT by SIG_220]
I can't wait to try her out. It's a DSA STG58 Para carbine with a 16" barrel. I haven't cleaned it up yet so that's grease all around the safety in the pic. In the second one it has a 30rd mag from DSA. I think it's a modified Bren mag but I'm not sure. Luckily I ordered it right before DSA raised their prices. Anyways :

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:45:56 AM EDT
damn, now I want one.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:39:50 PM EDT
I'm a jelous bastard........ how do you like the para stock does it lock up tight...
I cant decide if I want a para stock or not......
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:48:36 PM EDT
I had a Belgium FN-FAL for a couple of years. If you like a 7.62 NATO caliber battle rifle, the FN is hard to beat. I liked it better than the M-14. I prefer the AR-15 system though due to weight considerations. I was in south Florida at the time and that FN-FAL got very heavy after 5-6 hours of lugging it around in the Everglades. Actually, the AK was my preferred Everglades weapon. Depending on who I was working for though, I couldn't always carry an AK.

Nice looking Para. Enjoy.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:02:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By acman145acp:
I'm a jelous bastard........ how do you like the para stock does it lock up tight...

The stock locks up very solidly. I am very impressed with the quality of it. It's probably the best design of a folding stock I have personally handled.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:32:42 PM EDT
I like it!

Sure makes me want one!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:48:47 PM EDT
bring it to the JTAC Shoot so it gets the proper break in!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:04:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SIG_220:

Originally Posted By acman145acp:

The stock locks up very solidly. I am very impressed with the quality of it. It's probably the best design of a folding stock I have personally handled.

You suck.......... do you realize the the torture your putting me through

I'm happy for you ...... look forward to hearing how it shoot's ........
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:39:46 AM EDT
I just found 2 like new FN-FAL mags. I'm pretty sure it's the kind that fits either an inch or metric receiver. If someone needs some FN-FAL mags or wants to trade me for a couple of AR-15 mags, I'd be game for that.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:37:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Twobravo:
I just found 2 like new FN-FAL mags. I'm pretty sure it's the kind that fits either an inch or metric receiver. If someone needs some FN-FAL mags or wants to trade me for a couple of AR-15 mags, I'd be game for that.

I would but I bought about 15 mags when I ordered the fal so I don't need any.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:56:10 PM EDT
Nice, how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? I 'need' one.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:04:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/2/2006 8:05:41 PM EDT by SIG_220]

Originally Posted By oubeta:

It was $1310 after shipping and tax. I had Bob Morris of Morris Sporting Goods order it for me. I usually just have him do transfers because he only charges $10 but he could order it for me cheaper than anyone else. I think DSA's prices went up a couple of weeks after I ordered it. I don't remember the listed price for the STG58 Para then just that $1310 was less than what DSA had on their website.

You know I still have that tannerite handy and 2k of South African surplus if you want to try it out at your ranch sometime.

I think I'm taking it out to Tri-City this weekend. There's an arfcom member that'll probably meet me that knows a bunch about FALs. I know nothing about them really. I'm sure I can figure out the gas system and all but it's always nice to get tips when your a newbie with something.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:49:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By oubeta:

It was $1310 after shipping and tax. I had Bob Morris of Morris Sporting Goods order it for me. I usually just have him do transfers because he only charges $10 but he could order it for me cheaper than anyone else. I think DSA's prices went up a couple of weeks after I ordered it. I don't remember the listed price for the STG58 Para then just that $1310 was less than what DSA had on their website.

You know I still have that tannerite handy and 2k of South African surplus if you want to try it out at your ranch sometime.

I think I'm taking it out to Tri-City this weekend. There's an arfcom member that'll probably meet me that knows a bunch about FALs. I know nothing about them really. I'm sure I can figure out the gas system and all but it's always nice to get tips when your a newbie with something.

that's a good price on it........ i just looked up my price on one ....... how long did you have to wait on it from DSA ?????
that's what's held me back in the past..... i hate waiting on stuff......
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:48:36 AM EDT
It took about 8 weeks from the order date.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:07:36 PM EDT

It took about 8 weeks from the order date.

Thanks for the info.
Top Top