Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I was disappointed yesterday.  I was looking for a good used .22lr like a CZ but there was not any reasonable ones and the guy that had all the CZ rifles was on the high side.  Reloading-what a joke, a guy was there with a lot of Lee dies and equipment (I did buy a 7.62X54R dies set) but the bulk stuff was a joke.  The only other thing that I picked up was some militaria WWII equipment cheaper than I could on E-Fag.  Did I mention I also picked up some plastic tipped 5.45X39mm in a 10 rd blister pack dated 1989?

I am still tired today!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:54:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
So what kind of prices did you see on 7.62x39 Wolf FMJ?  Was the post I made a few posts ago pretty much accurate?

I saw a guy that had two cases of 7.62 Wolf for $190.  

Ammo prices were "ok"  and I tried my best to find a deal on a few wheelguns I was looking for.... to no avail.   I'll be thinking twice about going in the fall.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#3]
the show was very disapointing, vendors that try to tell me the handgun is brand new when it's still caked in gun powder high prices, little reloading equipment, now decent ammo deals and worse prices on firearms.  i probably won't go to the one this fall, or more than likely i will so I can bitch about the same things again.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:34:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I went today(Sunday) AM, and half of the crowd must have been wearing blue badges! Seems like there were more vendors than attandees.
No Wolf .223 to be found, and very little selection on any other .223 brands.
I did some shopping at M-A parts, Delta, and SOG. SOG actually had some Magpul magazine followers:)
I managed to sell my AR on the next to last aisle, anybody need need an IOR 3x25 scope?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:01:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Well i didnt find any guns but i did stock up on a few thousand rounds .223. I thought it was a bit dissapointing probably cause i actually walked out with money in my pocket.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I was there all day Sat.

Didn't spend a dime and COULD IT HAVE BEEN ANY HOTTER???
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:33:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Well this was my first big show. I was impressed with the size, but that was about it. There was very little selection in the way of tactical weapons, parts, and accessories. There were only a handful of tactical shotguns, and all were retail or above. All I managed to buy was a magazine coupler, a cheap auto-opening knife, and a tactical latch for my charging handle.

So tonight we got home and went to install the latch (that cost $20). It was WAY out of spec and managed to scratch up my receiver pretty good. Between that, and not getting the roll pin all the way in, I know have a few nice nicks, and the catch on the receiver is all scraped up.

Despite this, I had a good time. It was nice to get out of OKC for a while with some friends, and see ALOT of guns. I'll probably go back next year just to get away, but I won't have any expectations of finding good deals on guns......I guess that is what the internet is for.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:14:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So what kind of prices did you see on 7.62x39 Wolf FMJ?  Was the post I made a few posts ago pretty much accurate?

As I recall, it was about $105 for 500 and $195 for 1000. The show was disappointing, I'm seeing less good deals, and more overpriced guns and cheap knives. I didn't see the big reloading booth that's usually there this time either. I used to go to both shows every year, now I only go to the spring show. Oh well, at least i got in for free.
And yes, it was hotter than hell , after about 20 minutes I was really wishing that I had brought my Camelbak!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:46:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I went today(Sunday) AM, and half of the crowd must have been wearing blue badges! Seems like there were more vendors than attandees.
No Wolf .223 to be found, and very little selection on any other .223 brands.
I did some shopping at M-A parts, Delta, and SOG. SOG actually had some Magpul magazine followers:)
I managed to sell my AR on the next to last aisle, anybody need need an IOR 3x25 scope?

Wolf was going fast the 1st day..... I picked some up at $129 and I picked up some of the new wolf "Gold" to see if it was any good.  When I went back today it was all gone....
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:39:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:18:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I was there all day Sat.

Should have been a booth with deodorant.......they might have made record sales. I would have bought some and passed it out.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:07:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Biggest waste of time I have ever been involved in.  My three friends who came in town for this one couldn't buy anything b/c the computer check system was down all day Sunday.  Not to mention the prices, WOW what a joke.  That will be the last one I waste my admission fee on.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:42:05 PM EDT
[#13]
That was my first time to attend, and probably my last.  I'll echo the comments above that I thought everyone was very "Proud" of their stock (read = expensive).  My conclusion was I can order it from a reputable dealer for less and know what I get with customer service after the sale if it goes South.  I'm not spending 9 hours and 550 miles each way for this again.

There was one dealer that had what I considered a good price on 5.56.  He had 1,000 round cans of once-fired brass with 55gr FMJ for $169.  Got their card.  thehuntingshack.com/index.htm
I believe new brass versions were $179 per thousand.

Buddy of mine picked up two 1895 Urberti? or Martini? receivers with stocks.  The actions were like new and he's going to build up a couple of .45-70's with the actions.  Both were $250 each and one was bbl'd in 7mm Spanish that he has dies for.

I'll also echo it was HOT on the second floor...  Heard the A/C units were down for replacement that would start day after the show was over.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:45:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I was there all day Sat.

Spent $5. and yes it was very hot.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I take it I didn't miss anything!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Please go back to the comments I made before people went to the show. Having a friggin' internet connection is like going to the gunshow every day. You are only limited by money guys. The deals are right here on the net and a LOT of deals are right here on ARFCOM.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:08:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Please go back to the comments I made before people went to the show. Having a friggin' internet connection is like going to the gunshow every day. You are only limited by money guys. The deals are right here on the net and a LOT of deals are right here on ARFCOM.  

Then why can't i find a good deal on a FAL ...... I've only been looking for 6mnths ....

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:24:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Then why can't i find a good deal on a FAL ...... I've only been looking for 6mnths ....

Taurus doesn't make FALs. You have to be a little more open minded about the manufacturer!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:01:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Well, if you'd take your nose out of dan's ass......
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

ACman ain't gonna play that game, I promise!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:13:34 AM EDT
[#21]
It was worth a try though.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:53:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

True, but -- believe it or not -- there are still a few dinosaurs who aren't plugged in to the internet. Then there're the cash-and-carry types (like you) who prefer to conduct all of their transactions face-to-face, no paper trail, and without exposing their home or vehicle to strangers.

However, I would generally agree with you; the internet has largely displaced gun shows.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:27:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Sounds like my decision to go shooting Saturday was a good one.  Joe - how much for the IOR 3x25?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:54:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This coming from the guy who got punked by shitzee
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:34:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

that's going to leave a mark!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:27:54 PM EDT
[#26]
I guess I am the only one who had a good show.

I sold two custom 870's, a .22,  two Markarov's ( I think that is spelled right ), and one AR.

And yes it was HOT, to dam hot on Sat.

But yes, Most Dealer prices were Way to High, but I allways price My stuff so it will sell.

And I did find a few good deals, but I wore my self out looking.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My friend saw a guy who had a real nice FAL built with a Imbel kit for $400. He had it all day Saturday. I spent the last two hours of the show looking for him.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:28:10 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I'm going to pretend that I didn't see that.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Here is the reason the large reloading vendor was not there, Wanamacher started charging them by the foot for the space they rented (since they don't use tables), started doing the same thing to Blue Star (the guys with the bulk bullets in ammo cans).  Was Blue Star there this time?  I opted out this time headed to KCR this coming weekend.
Surprised that HSM went up so much on .223 the first time I bought it, it was $125 per K!  Now it's $160? WTF?  I can buy new factory for that!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Is that HSM stuff any good?  A good number of us were considering that and those reloads from Dallas... but I'm leary of gunshow reloads so I passed.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:38:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Yeah, it's good stuff I've shot around 3K of the 9mm, 1K of the .45, and 6-7K of the .223.  Though at $160 per K there may be something out there that's just as good, at a better price.  IIRC, they are the guys that loads the bulk ammo Cabela's sells in their "Shooting" catalog.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top